Metal Storm logo
The Furor

03.01.2007 - 16:00
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
The Furor are an Australian black metal band.
Released two full lengths: 'Invert Absolute' and 'Advance Australia Warfare'
Their not totally original, but I still enjoy their music. I would go to say that theres a bit of technical riffs thrown in reminding me of 1349 - not as technical as them though.
I opened a thread on The Furor on the last version on MS and didnt seem to be too popular... so what your thoughts about them?

Theres 2 mp3's found on the offical site (not sure if they still work):
http://www.thefuror.com/
----

Hellcunt Smurf
04.01.2007 - 06:50
Eternal Flames
The Furor are a great band. I first heard them live early last year when they supported Behemoth on their Australian tour and they just blew me away. Their live performance is just amazing. I've only got Advance Australia Warfare, but I must say it's a great album. When I first saw the band walking onto the stage, I thought to myself they were going to be some lame black metal band (considering the over-the-top attire ), but I found myself to be quite wrong. Louis is a great drummer, but also his ability to do vocals and such intense drumming simultaneously is quite impressive. They've got some nice variations of fast and slow paced parts in some songs which keep the songs interesting. At times, it does sound a bit generic, but overall they're a good band with a great live performance. However, I can't help but laugh at their "Advance Australia Warfare" album cover.
04.01.2007 - 12:57
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Id love to see them preform live just to see how Louis manages to drum and pull of the vocals at the same time. The drumming alown is impressive but doing it while singing would bowl me over. Ive talkedwith two guys both seeing them at different shows (Behemoth tour and Nile tour) and both had very polar opinions on their live preformances.

Haha and agreed with their cover for 'Advance Australia Warfare', total clowns
----

Hellcunt Smurf
04.01.2007 - 15:04
Eternal Flames
If you get the chance to see them live, don't miss it. I mean, if you enjoy their music, you'll enjoy them live. They had decent crowd interaction as well, but the only problem was the Louis would sort of "growl/screech" the words while talking to the crowd, so it was quite hard to understand what he was saying However, Jon (bassist) was really getting the crowd pumped.

The stage attire is a bit over the top, particularly Nick's, as you have probably seen from the promotional photos. Nick left the band though early last year I think and Jon's taken over the guitar duties. They got a new bassist now as well. I haven't seen them live with this line-up change, but I'm sure their performances are still great nevertheless.
04.01.2007 - 15:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know them, I had hera them in MySpace but after listen song I turn it of, they belongs to Gorgoroth type of BM, evil type, not mysitcal, type, I prefere lil diferent BM so not my type of band, to extreame and brutal.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.09.2007 - 07:32
BF
I have seen them play live, now that they are getting a bit more fame I think they should shell out a bit more on costumes (foam spikes just look stupid, then again if they were made from metal their knee pads would weigh twenty kg's a piece!). But there music rips! I especially enjoyed the blast beats that were pumped out but I don't know if it sounds the same on a studio album.

If you like Gorgoroth (Under The Sign Of Hell, Destroyer type of sound)then definitely check these guys out.
12.09.2007 - 07:53
Judas
The Amputator
I saw them open for Marduk, and holy crap, they were really pathetic. It just sounded shit, I can't exactly pinpoint how and why (but the bald guitarist having the worst corpsepaint in the world may have prejudiced me from the outset), but nothing appealed to me. I have heard a few studio recordings of tracks from 'Advance Australia Warfare' (really bad title to go with a ridiculous album cover) and while it wasn't earth-shattering, it wasn't exactly a case of me hurling the headphones away and covering my ears to save them from further violation, but the show was the pinnacle of poorness.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
14.09.2007 - 06:51
BF
@Judas, that show was really crap, I not only saw them there but I also saw them open for Deicide, that was a good show. I hate corpsepaint, it looks dumb no matter who has it on. The music is what counts not the costumes (which I already said are crap). However the Deicide concert was a bigger success. I base this on two reasons:

1. The sound was much better, I don't know who did sound check for them but lets shoot him/her so we never have to listen to their fucking crappy sounding setup again.

2. The crowd, I reckon that Marduk had about 200 people there (probably a really bad guess) and only about 20 people were in the mosh pit, the rest were standing there like statues. Why would anybody want to put on a good show if the crowd can't even get into it? I took a friend that night that doesn't even like extreme metal and he actually listened to as much Marduk as possible before going so he knew the songs, he got into the mosh and went harder than the "die-hard" fans. When Marduk through over to the crowd to finsish the name of a song nobody even knew the last would in the title, the room just went silent! What the Fuck is wrong with Australia?

I alsways feel that a show is better when the crowsd are going wild but nobody even knows the bloody names of the songs, even when the band gives them an amazing clue of all but the last word in the title! That whole show was the pinnacle of poorness and I don't think it was the bands fault (Malignant Monster, Furor or Marduk) I think that it was because 95% of those that attended could have being watching a ballet.

I was shocked when I turned around and it was only four rows deep then there was a 1.5 to 2 mter gap and then everybody else was just standing there. There was an outside area away from the stage (around a corner no view) and there were more people in there than there was in the mosh. No wonder so many bands skip Perth when they tour. I bet Marduk will never come back after that dismal crowd interaction.

@Judas, were you in the moshpit? And don't tell me you were that fat guy slumped over the speaker up the front, he gave everyone the shits.
16.09.2007 - 09:18
Judas
The Amputator
Written by BF on 14.09.2007 at 06:51

@Judas, that show was really crap, I not only saw them there but I also saw them open for Deicide, that was a good show. I hate corpsepaint, it looks dumb no matter who has it on. The music is what counts not the costumes (which I already said are crap). However the Deicide concert was a bigger success. I base this on two reasons:

1. The sound was much better, I don't know who did sound check for them but lets shoot him/her so we never have to listen to their fucking crappy sounding setup again.

2. The crowd, I reckon that Marduk had about 200 people there (probably a really bad guess) and only about 20 people were in the mosh pit, the rest were standing there like statues. Why would anybody want to put on a good show if the crowd can't even get into it? I took a friend that night that doesn't even like extreme metal and he actually listened to as much Marduk as possible before going so he knew the songs, he got into the mosh and went harder than the "die-hard" fans. When Marduk through over to the crowd to finsish the name of a song nobody even knew the last would in the title, the room just went silent! What the Fuck is wrong with Australia?

I alsways feel that a show is better when the crowsd are going wild but nobody even knows the bloody names of the songs, even when the band gives them an amazing clue of all but the last word in the title! That whole show was the pinnacle of poorness and I don't think it was the bands fault (Malignant Monster, Furor or Marduk) I think that it was because 95% of those that attended could have being watching a ballet.

I was shocked when I turned around and it was only four rows deep then there was a 1.5 to 2 mter gap and then everybody else was just standing there. There was an outside area away from the stage (around a corner no view) and there were more people in there than there was in the mosh. No wonder so many bands skip Perth when they tour. I bet Marduk will never come back after that dismal crowd interaction.

@Judas, were you in the moshpit? And don't tell me you were that fat guy slumped over the speaker up the front, he gave everyone the shits.

You saw them in Brisbane, yeah? Well, the Phoenix isn't ever really a great venue, but the crowd was extremely dead that night, especially for a band like Marduk. I didn't go up the front for The Furor, I was sitting on a couch waiting for them to finish. For Marduk I was one row ahead of the mosh, and I'm not fat by any stretch of the imagination so I can safely say that I'm not the dude who gave everyone the shits.

As for The Furor's corpsepaint, I think they need to take lessons to apply it properly. The bald dude with a beard looked more like an alien than a grim Black Metaller.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
17.09.2007 - 04:08
BF
No, I saw them in Perth. You definitely are not him them! I am not a fan of corpse paint anyway, I reckon they should just scrap it all together