Metal Storm logo
Tarja - Duet With Floor Jansen On Metal Female Voices

Former Nightwish singer Tarja Turunen will share the stage and perform a duet with the band's current touring vocalist Floor Jansen (ReVamp, ex-After Forever) at this year's edition of the Metal Female Voices Fest, set to take place from October 18th-20th at Oktoberhallen in Wieze, Belgium. Tarja and Floor have released a video message regarding their upcoming collaboration which you can watch below.

Metal Female Voices Fest line-up:

18th October 2013
  • Liv Kristine
  • Eve's Apple

19th October 2013
  • Lacuna Coil
  • Delain & Special guest appearance Sharon den Adel
  • Leaves' Eyes
  • Kontrust
  • Visions Of Atlantis
  • Kobra And The Lotus
  • Chaostar
  • Serenity
  • Imperia
  • Victorians
  • Magion
  • Azylya

20th October 2013
  • Tarja
  • ReVamp
  • Anneke Van Giersbergen
  • Crimfall
  • Dalriada
  • Stream Of Passion
  • Hell City
  • Cadaveria
  • L'Endevi
  • Eleanor

Source: facebook.com
    Band profile: Tarja
  • Posted: 01.10.2013 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 8   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 131 users
    01.10.2013 - 15:35
    angel.
    Evil Butterfly
    Haha I have never ever noticed Tarja's accent, she doesn't seem to have the same accent on her songs though
    ----
    The Fangirl.
    01.10.2013 - 21:14
    Azarath
    Free as a.. Fish
    Maybe Anette will make a guest appearance as well. That would be a golden opportunity for a rousing encore of "I Will Survive".
    01.10.2013 - 22:30
    Cynic Metalhead
    Paisa Vich Nasha
    No, seriously what the hell is going with Nightiwish?
    01.10.2013 - 23:17
    caimanjosh
    Whoa, this is interesting. I'd imagine that the kicked-out ex-Nightwish vocalist and the "on-hold" (while Tomas dithers about making up his mind about the band's future) Nightwish touring vocalist might have a lot to discuss. And of course, musically it's interesting too....two of the very best metal female vocalists in the business.
    02.10.2013 - 06:22
    SoUnDs LiKe PoP
    Written by Azarath on 01.10.2013 at 21:14

Maybe Anette will make a guest appearance as well. That would be a golden opportunity for a rousing encore of "I Will Survive".

I literally lol'd at this
    ----
    I lift weights and listen to metal
    02.10.2013 - 11:14
    BloodTears
    ANA-thema
    elite
    Written by caimanjosh on 01.10.2013 at 23:17

Whoa, this is interesting. I'd imagine that the kicked-out ex-Nightwish vocalist and the "on-hold" (while Tomas dithers about making up his mind about the band's future) Nightwish touring vocalist might have a lot to discuss. And of course, musically it's interesting too....two of the very best metal female vocalists in the business.

There are certainly parallels with Nightwish, but I think Tarja won't be very interested in discussing that now that she has her own solo career. People still ask her about Nightwish all the time though and if she would ever get back, etc.
    ----
    Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
    02.10.2013 - 19:26
    Azarath
    Free as a.. Fish
    Tarja and Floor know each other from when After Forever opened for Nightwish back in the day. Would be pretty interesting to know what they have to discuss now though.
    03.10.2013 - 17:50
    Thrashette
    Written by Guest on 01.10.2013 at 17:29

Written by angel. on 01.10.2013 at 15:35

Haha I have never ever noticed Tarja's accent, she doesn't seem to have the same accent on her songs though

That applies to most singers though, at least in my experience it does. It's pretty interesting though how the accent completely fades away.

On the live recordings I've heard, her accent stands out more... It's just the songs recorded in studio where I can't hear it at all.

Hits total: 4310 | This month: 7