Metal Storm logo
Neighbors Knockin' On The Door, Asking Can We Turn It Down ?

06.10.2013 - 14:17
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Well I'm wondering if it ever happened to any of you that neighbors knock on your door to ask turning it down. Then what did you do and how did you handle such situation and neighbors ? Edit : And also I'm wondering the same thing about musician fellows, especially those who practice vocals ( vocalists who practice everyday based on a daily schedule), share you experiences please.
----
The Fangirl.
06.10.2013 - 14:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Yes a couple of times when housesitting friends' house. If they complain I always turn it down. No problem whatsoever. Usually at my own place I play the music very loud but then again my place is really well insultaed so the neighbours don't hera a thing and I also don't hear them.
But when it is apparently too loud for neighbours it is only common decency to turn it down if they ask you to.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.10.2013 - 14:35
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.10.2013 at 14:23

Yes a couple of times when housesitting friends' house. If they complain I always turn it down. No problem whatsoever. Usually at my own place I play the music very loud but then again my place is really well insultaed so the neighbours don't hera a thing and I also don't hear them.
But when it is apparently too loud for neighbours it is only common decency to turn it down if they ask you to.

how about playing loud in car or in public places, for example in a park where actually is quite uncrowded,would be anyone to complain ?
----
The Fangirl.
06.10.2013 - 15:15
mz
Never had such problem, probably because one our neighbors are pretty noisy themselves (but also they never get annoying). Moreover, one of our ex-neighbors used to steal things from the apartment and thus, his family was never brave enough to complain.
It had also happened for me in public transport system because I use a really shitty player system which had great sound leak. Moreover, nowadays people complain about the sound leak from my headphone when I'm listening to metal in computer site of university but since they are also talking themselves and produce the same amount of sound, I simply keep listening most of the time.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
06.10.2013 - 15:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
No in Swe I use to live at house so never only damn mother, but in small students aparement nobody gives a fuck
in Lv law was seven hundred till twenty three hundred , so when some times they asked I did yurn it off, but since they igmnored my domands, at weekends night whit techo crap, after it I never ever in legal hours turn it of
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.10.2013 - 15:49
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Bad English on 06.10.2013 at 15:45

... in Lv law was seven hundred till twenty three hundred,...

sorry I didn't get this part
----
The Fangirl.
06.10.2013 - 16:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by angel. on 06.10.2013 at 15:49

miliytary formath of time, always prsize
----

apos;'
[image]
06.10.2013 - 16:52
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
My nearest neighbour is at least 300 metres from my house. I play drums and guitar very loud and music just the same. No issues.

If you play it loud and someone complains, just turn it down. Don't be an asshole.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
06.10.2013 - 16:58
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Boxcar Willy on 06.10.2013 at 16:52

My nearest neighbour is at least 300 metres from my house. I play drums and guitar very loud and music just the same. No issues.

If you play it loud and someone complains, just turn it down. Don't be an asshole.

haha I'm not really, of course I'm gonna turn it down if anyone complains , and lucky you having no neighbor around, but if someone asks to turn down your drums, how you turn down the volume of your drums playing ?
----
The Fangirl.
07.10.2013 - 00:02
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
^ By air drumming!

In my case... Well, my neighbours' masterbedroom is exactly below me, they are old peope and it's not that well insultaed. I mostly use headphones unless I'm doing something else in my room, it's fine during the day anyways but at night always headphones.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
07.10.2013 - 00:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Bad English on 06.10.2013 at 16:49

Written by angel. on 06.10.2013 at 15:49

miliytary formath of time, always prsize

it's got nothing to do with that that she doesn't understand your post. She asks what you mean by "in Ltavian law was form 0700 - 2300" you really should try and be clear about what you mean when you post because your English is truly the worst I have ever seen anywhere, and even though you say you speak it well, I am sure you are just as crap speaking as trying to get your message across typing. And NO I am not talking about spelling mistakes this time. If you can't type coherently you also can't speak coherently simple as that.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.10.2013 - 00:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.10.2013 at 00:50

it's got nothing to do with that that she doesn't understand your post. She asks what you mean by "in Ltavian law was form 0700 - 2300" you really should try and be clear about what you mean when you post because your Engliosh is truly the worst I have ever seen anywhere, and even though you say you speak it well, I am sure you are just as crap speaking as trying to get your message across typing. And NO I am not talking about spelling mkistakes this time. If you can't type coherently you also can't speak coherently simpel as that.

I can speek good, come here and you will hear, since I used it every day and often , but I dont need to profe, I dont care what ppl think about me
law says 7-23 you can do load thinks, as make a repair at aparment, use a wacume cleaner what so ever what makes sound and noice, but after it you cant do anything what disturbs naibours sleep, and IMO such law is ewherywhere
----

apos;'
[image]
07.10.2013 - 01:24
wrathchild
staff
In France there's a popular belief that you can't exceed a certain volume past 11pm or so but it's wrong, that law works for any time of the day.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
07.10.2013 - 01:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by wrathchild on 07.10.2013 at 01:24

In France there's a popular belief that you can't exceed a certain volume past 11pm or so but it's wrong, that law works for any time of the day.

yes but I never ever been visited by cops at that metter, even I was listening music loud, same did others ,
I use a head phones after 22:00 and, and not any of my friends ever has been visited by cops
----

apos;'
[image]
07.10.2013 - 02:01
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Thankfully I haven't had this problem with my current neighbours who stay below me (a nice Chinese family), but the neighbours that stayed there previously were a nightmare. They regularly complained about me playing my music (sometimes in a very aggressive and confrontational manner), even though it was never overtly loud, and always at a respectable time of day. What incensed me all the more about the situation, was they used to play hardcore rave/techno music at high volume, and on several occasions, late at night, and in the early hours of the morning, which was something I never did. I never complained to them about their loud music as much as it drove me up the wall, because I was too afraid to do so, as they were quite a nasty bunch. It was a great relief when they moved out.

Although I never played my music particularly loudly, I like and respect my Chinese neighbours, so I usually listen to my music now through headphones, even though my in-built laptop speakers aren't great and are pretty quiet anyway. I also now play my electric guitar through a line 6 pod on my laptop, so I use my headphones for that as well, although that isn't particularly healthy for my ears!
07.10.2013 - 09:30
no one
Account deleted
I only crank it till appropriate times, if i am going to have people over and have the chance of playing it loud till late i will tell the neighbors to make sure that's cool.
All my neighbors love blasting there sounds, but we all kind of have an unspoken rule about when to turn it on and off. I don't fuck with them anyway because there speakers would blow mine away.
07.10.2013 - 11:58
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by wrathchild on 07.10.2013 at 01:24

...that you can't exceed a certain volume past 11pm or so but it's wrong, that law works for any time of the day.

I can't get it why say it's wrong,and do you mean this is a kind of a legitimization ? or it's just an unwritten one among people ?
----
The Fangirl.
07.10.2013 - 12:01
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Angelic Storm on 07.10.2013 at 02:01

I also now play my electric guitar through a line 6 pod on my laptop, so I use my headphones for that as well, although that isn't particularly healthy for my ears!

Not only it's not healthy for ears, but also I think it lowers the quality of your practices
----
The Fangirl.
07.10.2013 - 12:03
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by X-Ray Rod on 07.10.2013 at 00:02

^ By air drumming!

the most rational alternative
----
The Fangirl.
07.10.2013 - 12:06
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Guest on 07.10.2013 at 09:30

I don't fuck with them anyway because there speakers would blow mine away.

get a new brand and then you would rule them over
----
The Fangirl.
07.10.2013 - 12:18
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by angel. on 07.10.2013 at 12:01
Not only it's not healthy for ears, but also I think it lowers the quality of your practices

Yep, it does, but I'd rather not annoy the people I have underneath me now by playing through my amp. Unlike the previous lot I had below me, they don't subject me to hardcore rave music at ear splitting volume at ungodly times of night, and I like them. So I'm just showing some consideration. It does suck, cos I'd prefer to play through my amp obviously, but when you're living in close proximity with other people, you've got to take them into consideration, especially when the walls are as thin as paper...

About the singing thing, I do like to sing, despite having a chronic sinus condition and asthma, but I've never had any complaints about it... surprisingly.
07.10.2013 - 12:22
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Angelic Storm on 07.10.2013 at 12:18

Written by angel. on 07.10.2013 at 12:01

Yep, it does, but I'd rather not annoy the people I have underneath me now by playing through my amp. Unlike the previous lot I had below me, they don't subject me to hardcore rave music at ear splitting volume at ungodly times of night, and I like them. So I'm just showing some consideration. It does suck, cos I'd prefer to play through my amp obviously, but when you're living in close proximity with other people, you've got to take them into consideration, especially when the walls are as thin as paper...

About the singing thing, I do like to sing, despite having a chronic sinus condition and asthma, but I've never had any complaints about it... surprisingly.

yeah right on the first state

seriously it's surprising, mostly people complain about singing noises more than playing instruments unless it's not drums or bass guitar
----
The Fangirl.
07.10.2013 - 12:36
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by angel. on 07.10.2013 at 12:22
seriously it's surprising, mostly people complain about singing noises more than playing instruments unless it's not drums or bass guitar

Yep, especially considering the fact that I can't sing particularly well... I also don't sing when it's late at night, so maybe if I did that it would be complained about....
07.10.2013 - 12:47
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Angelic Storm on 07.10.2013 at 12:36

Yep, especially considering the fact that I can't sing particularly well... I also don't sing when it's late at night, so maybe if I did that it would be complained about....

true, singing at night would be really such annoying for anyone, but even some people don't want to hear the same noises during day. I know that it might be irritating, but some people don't complain about the noises of for example constructing a building near them as much as they complain about hearing music I suppose.There might be some other noises too around them which they simply tolerate it, I wish they could understand that as much as those constructors are concerned about the building, someone else is concerned about another kind of craft, but anyhow in the end the best thing to do is consideration and tolerate.
how do you know you sing well or nope, whenever you felt like, record something and send me that, I'd love to hear it, maybe we can share our experiences I mean I'd love to.
----
The Fangirl.
07.10.2013 - 21:40
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by mz on 06.10.2013 at 15:15

Never had such problem, probably because one our neighbors are pretty noisy themselves (but also they never get annoying).

hahaha that's a bonus

Written by mz on 06.10.2013 at 15:15

It had also happened for me in public transport system because I use a really shitty player system which had great sound leak.

really ? I think, transport services are noisy themselves, how someone can complain about sound leak from headphones.
----
The Fangirl.
07.10.2013 - 21:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelic Storm on 07.10.2013 at 02:01

Thankfully I haven't had this problem with my current neighbours who stay below me (a nice Chinese family),

Chinese ppl are polite generaly (you're lucky you have a cat, ot dogs :dinner time:)
----

apos;'
[image]
07.10.2013 - 21:58
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by angel. on 07.10.2013 at 12:47
true, singing at night would be really such annoying for anyone, but even some people don't want to hear the same noises during day. I know that it might be irritating, but some people don't complain about the noises of for example constructing a building near them as much as they complain about hearing music I suppose.There might be some other noises too around them which they simply tolerate it, I wish they could understand that as much as those constructors are concerned about the building, someone else is concerned about another kind of craft, but anyhow in the end the best thing to do is consideration and tolerate.
how do you know you sing well or nope, whenever you felt like, record something and send me that, I'd love to hear it, maybe we can share our experiences I mean I'd love to.

I don't know if my neighbours aren't complaining cos they can't really hear my singing, or whether they are hearing it, and are simply tolerating it... lol But they are good neighbours, so I always try to be careful not to make too much noise. Unlike my previous neighbours downstairs, I've never been disturbed by noise from them, so they deserve my consideration.

Well, I think it just stands to reason, sinus problems and asthma are things that seriously hamper your singing. I think if it weren't for that, I'd probably be decent, but my voice cracks a lot at high registers because of those things, which is very frustrating... I have some very good scores for vocals on the game Rock Band, but I don't think you have to be a very good singer to get good scores on that... I wouldn't embaress myself by subjecting anyone to my "singing".
07.10.2013 - 22:03
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Bad English on 07.10.2013 at 21:58
Chinese ppl are polite generaly (you're lucky you have a cat, ot dogs :dinner time:)

That's true, and I don't care about the race of my neighbours, only that they are decent people. Cats are eaten in China as well as dogs, but apparently only a handful of regions in China actually partake in that. Not a lot of people realize though, that many Chinese people are actually against the idea of eating cats and dogs, and want to see it banned in their country. However, knowing the human rights abuses that go on in China, I don't think there's much chance for poor animals to be treated any better there in the forceeable future...
07.10.2013 - 22:05
Mercyful_Kate
It's common decency to stay within a reasonable volume, especially at certain hours of the day. My upstairs neighbor and I both like to listen to music. I ask him to call me if he thinks it's too loud and I am told to do the same. He has a three year old who goes to bed at 9pm. I turn my music or TV down at 8:30. I'm not 18 anymore. I don't feel like terrorizing my neighbors.
07.10.2013 - 22:13
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Angelic Storm on 07.10.2013 at 22:03

. However, knowing the human rights abuses that go on in China, I don't think there's much chance for poor animals to be treated any better there in the forceeable future...

as a side note :
some thinks that animal rights are prior to human rights, they believe if animals will be well-treated then for sure human rights will be pursued too.
----
The Fangirl.