Metal Storm logo
Nachtmystium - Frontman Blake Judd Arrested For Theft

Chicago is a hot spot lately. After the burger of controversy, Blake Judd of Chicago-based black metallers Nachtmystium has reportedly been arrested according to the Cook County Sheriff's Department Of Corrections website on charges of theft by unauthorized control of property not exceeding $500 in value. He was booked on Saturday, October 5th and his bail has been set at $25,000. Judd's next court date is scheduled for Friday, October 11th.

The musician's booking photo can be seen below (courtesy of the Cook County Sheriff's Department Of Corrections).

Source: www2.cookcountysheriff.org
Band profile: Nachtmystium
Posted: 06.10.2013 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 39   Visited by: 197 users
06.10.2013 - 21:29
Hallford9000
He always seemed like a jerk to me.
06.10.2013 - 21:31
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
elite
Written by Hallford9000 on 06.10.2013 at 21:29

He always seemed like a jerk to me.

And you base this upon what? Have you talked to him in person? Online? He's actually a very nice, down-to-Earth guy, so this news is a little disappointing
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
06.10.2013 - 21:48
Hallford9000
Quote:
And you base this upon what? Have you talked to him in person? Online? He's actually a very nice, down-to-Earth guy, so this news is a little disappointing

I don't know him personally, but had a few beers with him a few years ago at a metalfest in Slowenia. He had a massive ego trip and insulted the whole festival management. So, I base my opinion on that.
06.10.2013 - 21:58
Gothmog_Motsham
That is just hilarious What did he steal??
06.10.2013 - 22:00
RottingDeathHead
kingnothing_92@yahoo.com
That seems like a shitload of money for stealing something under the value of $500 bucks.
06.10.2013 - 22:06
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
elite
Written by Hallford9000 on 06.10.2013 at 21:48

Had a few beers with him a few years ago at a metalfest in Slowenia. He had a massive ego trip and insulted the whole festival management. So, I base my opinion on that.

Oh boy, alcohol continues to work its wonders
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
06.10.2013 - 22:34
mz
At least being a thief is better than raping your girl friend and torturing her with tattooing tools
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
06.10.2013 - 22:35
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
elite
Written by RottingDeathHead on 06.10.2013 at 22:00

That seems like a shitload of money for stealing something under the value of $500 bucks.

Welcome to the American "justice" system
----

~ II. VII
06.10.2013 - 22:40
angel.
Evil Butterfly
And I guess this qualifies the list of Reaper :/
----
The Fangirl.
06.10.2013 - 22:44
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by mz on 06.10.2013 at 22:34

At least being a thief is better than raping your girl friend

wtf ! That's hilarious ! who rapes his girlfriend ! I mean if a guy has a girlfriend, it doesn't make sense to rape his own girlfriend
----
The Fangirl.
06.10.2013 - 22:56
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by angel. on 06.10.2013 at 22:44

wtf ! That's hilarious ! who rapes his girlfriend ! I mean if a guy has a girlfriend, it doesn't make sense to rape his own girlfriend

Wrest from Leviathan doesn't think so.... you might want to ask him
06.10.2013 - 23:17
mz

I was going to reply this and saw that another user has already done that. Remmember the link I gave you in "the most handsome guy in metal" tread? That's the guy you are looking for
you might want to check these this and this
----
06.10.2013 - 23:22
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

At least being a thief is better than raping your girl friend and torturing her with tattooing tools

I thought that charge was dropped and he was found not guilty =P
06.10.2013 - 23:29
mz
Written by Guest on 06.10.2013 at 23:22

I thought that charge was dropped and he was found not guilty =P

I remember reading somewhere that he, when asked about the incident, did not deny that. I cannot find that page right now unfortunately
----
06.10.2013 - 23:31
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by mz on 06.10.2013 at 23:29

I remember reading somewhere that he, when asked about the incident, did not deny that

Oh really? Hmm, he's an odd man. I thought it was shown in court that she was a bit mental and prone to lying or something. His interviews often seem really inarticulate but if he didn't defend it that pretty much says it all!
06.10.2013 - 23:47
mz
Written by Guest on 06.10.2013 at 23:31

Oh really? Hmm, he's an odd man. I thought it was shown in court that she was a bit mental and prone to lying or something. His interviews often seem really inarticulate but if he didn't defend it that pretty much says it all!

hm, I was not aware of the result of the court and always wondered what is going on about that charge but as you stated, his reviews are inarticulate. Moreover, in few interviews I've read from him, he was somehow trying to sound as a fucked up, frustrated, ignorant and grim person. He might have lied in order to be considered evil
----
06.10.2013 - 23:57
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
LOL
07.10.2013 - 00:09
Hallford9000
Quote:

Yeah, but I don't think alcohol changes people. It merely magnifies who you are.
07.10.2013 - 00:19
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Written by Auntie Sahar on 06.10.2013 at 22:06

Had a few beers with him a few years ago at a metalfest in Slowenia. He had a massive ego trip and insulted the whole festival management. So, I base my opinion on that.

Because festival managers and promoters are never corrupt or engage in shady practices? Might well have been merited, even if a rant ratcheted up by booze.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.10.2013 - 01:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Quote:

I don't know him personally, but had a few beers with him a few years ago at a metalfest in Slowenia. He had a massive ego trip and insulted the whole festival management. So, I base my opinion on that.

maybe the festival management was totally crap and he was right to insult them. Nothing to do with an ego trip in that case. Maybe you as a visitor didn't notice the crappiness and total fucked up ness of the festival. AQn artist deals with them on a different level than a visitor. I've heard complaints aboiut many a fest by artists where I as visitor was only full of praise about but once I saw from a different perspective I could only agree with the artists
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.10.2013 - 02:43
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Just guessing but it sounds like he was borrowing/renting something and held on to it too long.. I guess it's interesting for the headline but it's really kind of mundane sounding.
----
Coldgrits
07.10.2013 - 02:51
UnknownCheese
Guy is a known junkie shithead. His label was notorious for ripping people off. Why are people surprised such a "nice guy" got nailed?
07.10.2013 - 03:40
euronymous
Blake judd and nachtmystium are mythical!!! kill all the cops, burn the america and free the terrorists. Lets madness rule !!!!
07.10.2013 - 03:45
euronymous

Raping of other boy or girl is raping if he/she doesn't want or they fearing. This filth situtation has nothing to do if the one is your boyfriend or girlfriend.
Is just violence.
07.10.2013 - 05:21
Hedgewizard
Written by UnknownCheese on 07.10.2013 at 02:51

Guy is a known junkie shithead. His label was notorious for ripping people off. Why are people surprised such a "nice guy" got nailed?

Pretty much this. I've never dealt with him personally but I'm always hearing stories about Judd ripping people off by selling merch he didn't have. There have been plenty of people who received their stuff though so it's been a topic of debate over whether or not he's really making off with the cash. And apparently he does a lot of drugs and if that's the case that's where the money's going.

All I really have to add is I saw Nachtmystium a couple years back and their sound sucked. I could hear the drums and vocals fine but the guitar was so buried in the mix Judd might as well have not been plugged in. I never bought any of their albums either because I've heard mixed opinions and after that concert I sort of lost interest.

I do feel bad though. He looks kind of pitiable in that mugshot.
07.10.2013 - 05:25
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Quote:
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.10.2013 at 01:06

He's actually a very nice, down-to-Earth guy, so this news is a little disappointing

I've heard complaints aboiut many a fest by artists where I as visitor was only full of praise about but once I saw from a different perspective I could only agree with the artists

Wonder if it has anything to with this: http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36038&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I don't know much about the guy, anyone can be nice one moment and a jerk another. I do know he has struggled with drug issues (heroin), has had issues keeping his band together (it pretty much fell apart after the last album and that album has had little tour support). Guess we will have to see what the justice system has to say about the charges.
07.10.2013 - 10:14
Candlemass
Defaeco
Lulz...black metal.
07.10.2013 - 12:28
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by euronymous on 07.10.2013 at 03:45

Raping of other boy or girl is raping if he/she doesn't want or they fearing. This filth situtation has nothing to do if the one is your boyfriend or girlfriend.
Is just violence.

well right, I know it's violence anyway when someone is forcing a woman to sex, but when a guy is in a relationship with a woman, it doesn't make sense how this guy can force her to sex, I mean they're already in a relationship and that means they're willing to have sex , it's just a bit confusing.
----
The Fangirl.
07.10.2013 - 13:29
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by mz on 06.10.2013 at 23:17

you might want to check these this and this

If I assume that all of that happened for real, then I should say, that guy is such disgusting ! Does he try to compete with Varg's dramas !
----
The Fangirl.
07.10.2013 - 13:48
mz
Written by angel. on 07.10.2013 at 12:28

well right, I know it's violence anyway when someone is forcing a woman to sex, but when a guy is in a relationship with a woman, it doesn't make sense how this guy can force her to sex, I mean they're already in a relationship and that means they're willing to have sex , it's just a bit confusing.

being in relationship does not mean that the woman should always be eagerly waiting for the intercourse. Moreover, if the information in those links are true, I think that the guy was not interested in normal styles and his approach had been a little "weird" . So, I do not wonder if his girlfriend rejected him and thus, "...the rest of story"

Written by angel. on 07.10.2013 at 13:29

If I assume that all of that happened for real, then I should say, that guy is such disgusting ! Does he try to compete with Varg's dramas !

Joe thinks that finally, he has been found innocent and I also do not have anything to reject this. Still, his music is pretty awesome and you should check LoC
----

Hits total: 4205 | This month: 9