Metal Storm logo
Ever get disapointed at a Metal concert you were hyped for?

08.10.2013 - 20:15
Goatreich

Have you ever been disappointed by a show you were really anticipating? What show was is and why did it disappointed you?

For me it was Keep of Keep of Kalessin. Hate, Belphegor, and Sepultura.

I was really looking forward to seeing Keep of Kalessin and Belphegor, unfortunately the show was on Easter Day and early in the evening (5pm). There were literally only about 40 people that showed up and everyone stood around in tiny little groups spread all over the venue. No pit, no head banging, no energy at all. It didn't seem like the bands put much effort into it either. I stayed to see Belphegor but left before Sepultura took stage. It was disappointing on every level, the only good thing about it was that it got me out of doing family shit on Easter.
08.10.2013 - 20:25
Mercyful_Kate

Opeth really disappointed me when I saw them in the mid - 2000's. Haven't had an issue since though. Ghost was also a bit "meh".
08.10.2013 - 20:39
Goatreich

Written by Mercyful_Kate on 08.10.2013 at 20:25

Opeth really disappointed me when I saw them in the mid - 2000's. Haven't had an issue since though. Ghost was also a bit "meh".

Was that the year they toured with Porcupine Tree and did a whole set of only their mellow tracks?
08.10.2013 - 23:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Cant get laid after, but othgerwise not at bands , maybe WASP and Iced Earth 1th songs because of bad soun check before , but otherwise no dispoument at bands and music, maybe I cant see and talkw hit them
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.10.2013 - 11:46
angel.
Evil Butterfly

Opeth really disappointed me

same here, Katatonia and Opeth both were going to play in Istanbul, and right the day before show they canceled it
----
The Fangirl.
09.10.2013 - 16:04
Mercyful_Kate

Written by angel. on 09.10.2013 at 11:46

Opeth really disappointed me

same here, Katatonia and Opeth both were going to play in Istanbul, and right the day before show they canceled it

I was psyched for them to play in Buffalo, but ended up having to work.
10.10.2013 - 03:34
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
I wasn't really disappointed, but after I saw Iron Maiden I was just kind of like hmmm that was okay. I mean it was good and all but, I just think it being Iron Maiden, I felt as it would be extremely good because its Iron Maiden, but it was just good. Nothing more.
10.10.2013 - 03:56
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 10.10.2013 at 03:34

I wasn't really disappointed, but after I saw Iron Maiden I was just kind of like hmmm that was okay. I mean it was good and all but, I just think it being Iron Maiden, I felt as it would be extremely good because its Iron Maiden, but it was just good. Nothing more.

Yeah well they getting old I guess. lol
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
12.10.2013 - 03:14
Vombatus
Potorro
Mayhem. Bad show overall (nothing interesting, Attila dancing all the time ) and played less than an hour when they had a full headlining spot (1h30).
I was quite disappointed with Anaal Nathrakh the two times I saw them, basically coz of the sound. It was soooo bad I hardly could enjoy it. Plus, live version of the band is not at all like studio... I'd prefer then as a studio band, but whatever.
12.10.2013 - 04:13
metalpeer

It was probably the year they played almost all new stuff and like three or four old tunes
----
METALPEER.COM - HEAVY METAL AUCTIONS
12.10.2013 - 07:51
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Written by metalpeer on 12.10.2013 at 04:13

It was probably the year they played almost all new stuff and like three or four old tunes

They actually played pretty much all old stuff.
12.10.2013 - 08:11
A Misanthropist

Opeth disappointed me...Seen Enslaved 2 times and second time disappointed me. seen Fear Factory a bunch and almost every show was boring. Kataklysm disappointed me. Iron Maiden was disappointing. disliked Amon Amarth and was expecting a great show. Ensiferum was boring...Cannibal Corpse disappointed all 7 times...same stuff. I fallen asleep to Dream Theater literally. so many bands you expect to be great and ends up not being great. seen tons of shows...I think I get bored at concerts easily.
13.10.2013 - 05:45
Unhealer
Eclecticist
What comes to mind is the second time I saw Behemoth and the first time I saw Linkin Park. In both cases due to short performance and weird setlist.
13.10.2013 - 17:44
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Dimmu Borgir. They played in a small venue and I didn't enjoyed it as much as I thought I would. It wasn't crowded, and it all was just pretty.. Dull. Saw them again in Wacken with live orchestra though, which was an excellent show.
13.10.2013 - 19:45
Akula

Iron Maiden two weeks ago.
14.10.2013 - 19:30
Traezeus

All this people being disappointed by Opeth? Bah! I saw them at the end of last year and was quite impressed, especially with the nature of the shitty venue it was at (Culture Room, Ft. Lauderdale, FL). The only show I was hyped to see and was disappointed was at the same venue, but Amon Amarth rather than Opeth. To be fair, it wasn't their fault, but the sound mixing was god awful. Vocals were drowned out by all of the instruments.
14.10.2013 - 23:29
afu

One year at Ozzfest the second stage was full of Metalcore and Nu Metal bands. I don't really have a hate boner for either genre, but Shadows Fall and Killswitch didn't really connect with me and bands like Twisted Method and Nothingface were bleh. Overall, it wasn't inspiring. I didn't watch Cradle of Filth, but I could hear them from several acres away. I was singing the Star Trek theme over the sound of their keyboards and making stupid guttural sounds.

Voivod with Jason Newsted was pretty damn good. The singer from Depswa is an old acquaintance from where I grew up, so it was nice to see them get on a big tour.

Then Disturbed came out and my hate boner was fully erect. The musicians aren't bad, but the singer makes me want to slap the shit out of him. He is really full of himself and acted like a jackass. I think that pronged labret jewelery he wears gets turned around for cradling the balls of whomever's dick he's sucking.

Manson put on a great show.

The most surprising thing for me was Korn. By that point, I didn't like them and thought the whole "damaged" shtick was worn out. The equipment was chromed and there was a mirror ball, which is an odd setup by comparison to every other band that day. The feeling in their performances and their sense of groove was actually refreshing. The brightness of the stage lighting and the effects from the chrome and mirror ball lent a sort of flair to go along with the performance. I still won't go buy their shit, but it was cool.

Ozzy didn't play, because of Sharon's cancer treatments and that was a bummer.
30.10.2013 - 15:00
Jtbmetal123

Ive never been disappointed ever.
30.10.2013 - 15:19
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Katatonia, when they played in Bombay. But then again they aren't supposed to be great live.
Tesseract as well, but I hadn't heard their stuff and I didn't enjoy them live at all, apart from the bassist.
Testament, I was quite disappointed when I saw them last year at a festival, didn't think they sounded as good as they should have. Skolnick on the other hand was on another level altogether
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here