Metal Storm logo
Nightwish - Reveal New Line-Up

Nightwish finally have an answer as to whom is the new permanent singer of the band. After much suspense, vocalist Floor Jansen is a keeper. Also, the Finnish band is now a six-piece as Troy Donockley (uilleann pipes, low whistles, vocals) will become a full-time member of Nightwish as well.

The band explained: "Originally we were going to wait until 2014 to make a decision about the future line-up of the band, but the past year has clearly shown us that Floor and Troy are perfect matching pieces to our puzzle, and we are really grateful of the bond that has grown between all of us. We love you guys."

Commented vocalist Floor Jansen: "Words cannot describe what I feel! This union is beyond everything and I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to continue this amazing journey with my new brothers! Once I had a dream... and this is it!"

Piper/whistleman Troy Donockley added: "Imaginaerum World Tour was a revelation to me and in that time, I became aware of a growing unity and then, finally, a transcendence of all the usual nonsense that affects bands. A beautiful process. And since the idea, the musical dream that is Nightwish has been a part of me since before I was born, I am delighted to officially sail into uncharted waters with my brothers and sister. Wondrous scenes Ahoy! "

The new official line-up can be seen on the live tour/documentary DVD Showtime, Storytime to be released on November 29th. You can watch a brand new trailer here directed by Ville Lipiäinen.

Source: nightwish.com
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 09.10.2013 by /Marius

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 55   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 544 users
09.10.2013 - 13:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
By by revamp
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.10.2013 - 13:10
Rhiannon
Account deleted
Great, Floor is perfect for Nightwish.
09.10.2013 - 13:25
FeskarN
Yeah, Finally! Can't wait to hear what the upcoming album will sound like with Floor on vocals
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
09.10.2013 - 13:42
Ismarmlp
ReVamp??? :'(
09.10.2013 - 14:12
Ethan1994
THIS IS AWESOME!!!
09.10.2013 - 14:16
Enissa
Ok, saw that coming by a long shot... which is awesome! but Revamp's future is in jeopardy ofc.
Plus, the trailer looks great
09.10.2013 - 16:29
athena
Yay!!!! I never thought they'd be smart enough to keep her!!!
09.10.2013 - 16:30
Jiri
This hath been some of the best news Jiri has EVER read.
09.10.2013 - 16:52
Spell
Best news this year!!! fuck yes!!!
09.10.2013 - 16:55
CyberSymphony
Ollie
Very great news!
09.10.2013 - 17:41
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Yes! Hope I can attend a few more gigs with this line-up before someone gets fired
09.10.2013 - 18:23
Fred
Hahahaha exactly my thoughts
Beware Floor! How much will you hold onto this post?

Written by Unhealer on 09.10.2013 at 17:41

Yes! Hope I can attend a few more gigs with this line-up before someone gets fired
----
Fred
09.10.2013 - 18:33
Kamil
Account deleted
Good to hear it.
Floor is the best and the only one real option for Nightwish.
She should join to this group shortly after After Forever disband.
09.10.2013 - 18:34
Gothmog_Motsham
Let's hope they make at least one good album before the "fellowship" breaks again
09.10.2013 - 18:40
Krixiro
Hero Of Time
She is the one who has the voice for Nightwish!!!
----
The Winter Is Coming
09.10.2013 - 18:44
ScottyM
Good on them for bumping up Troy to full time. Definitely adds a large, unique dimension to the band's sound. Frankly one of the largest contributors to their last album's success. Glad to see that he's not going anywhere.
09.10.2013 - 18:46
The Evergreen
YES!
It's great to see Troy finally get some recognition, he outlasted Annette after all. Also, it goes to show that you are never too old for metal and that just about any instrument can be used for metal. I like both of those thoughts.

Floor is a great pick, I wish this lineup well and hope it can stay around. I think some people get a bit wrapped up in the idea the idea that Nightwish has a revolving door for singers, but it simply is not so. Tarja was there for ten years, Annette for nearly six. Three singers in 17 years is not out of line. There are bands that go through lineup changes much faster. Nightwish still has only three former/ex members. Again, three people left in 17 years. Not bad. I'm not worried about the stability of lineup.

I'm sure ReVamp is special to many folks, but it doesn't need to die (Just look at Tarot) and (also like Tarot), Nightwish is probably a better place to be for a majority of the time.

Can't wait for the next tour!
09.10.2013 - 19:56
Ernis
狼獾
Written by The Evergreen on 09.10.2013 at 18:46

I'm sure ReVamp is special to many folks, but it doesn't need to die (Just look at Tarot) and (also like Tarot), Nightwish is probably a better place to be for a majority of the time.

Can't wait for the next tour!

Exactly my point here. Marko has Tarot, Emppu has Brother Firetribe... If we take this into consideration, I can't see why Floor couldn't continue projects with ReVamp. Besides, the tour should be over now and there will still be time before we get to hear a new album by Nightwish. Let's hope they'll produce at least two with this particular team.
09.10.2013 - 20:25
Neroese
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 09.10.2013 at 13:05

By by revamp

I'm not sure. Tommy Karevik joined Kamelot as vocalist and he still recording new album with his band Seventh Wonder.
09.10.2013 - 20:41
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
With frequent changes in line ups, i've now high hope to see myself in Nightwish one day.
09.10.2013 - 20:44
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
This is incredibly exciting news!

Floor is amazing, and I'm happy the band realized this as well. Nice of them to welcome Troy on board as well, though that opens the question of whether the band will think it's necessary to have various pipes and whistles all over the next album(s). I also wonder how much input Floor will be allowed to have regarding the songwriting. I doubt Tuomas will let someone else take over the lyrics for example.
09.10.2013 - 20:44
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
Right on. Floor is a very capable vocalist, for whatever styles Tuomas and the boys can come up with and ask of her. That's nice for a change. Now I find them to be relevant again (for those moods I get into after brutalizing my mind with too much extreme sounds...which is a habit of mine). And Troy more than deserves an "official" slot. My dreamy soft side is a happy camper with this decision.
09.10.2013 - 20:56
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 09.10.2013 at 20:41

With frequent changes in line ups, i've now high hope to see myself in Nightwish one day.

as lead singer ?
----
The Fangirl.
09.10.2013 - 21:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 09.10.2013 at 20:25

Written by Bad English on 09.10.2013 at 13:05

By by revamp

I'm not sure. Tommy Karevik joined Kamelot as vocalist and he still recording new album with his band Seventh Wonder.

Re Vamp has possibillity to be super grouo as After Forever once was and Nightwish is now , now its gone, 2 super grouos and touring ....
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.10.2013 - 22:13
Byners
I was starting to like that ReVamp thing... D:
But I must say... She is the beautifulest[?] Nightwish's singer ever.
----
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost..."
09.10.2013 - 22:19
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
HELL YUSS! NIGHTWISH IS BACK!

and damm..... I may or may not have shed a man tear at 00:52 .... I think I may have to buy this DVD now..
----
pewpew.. gotcha
09.10.2013 - 22:43
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by angel. on 09.10.2013 at 20:56

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 09.10.2013 at 20:41

as lead singer ?

Yes.

or i'd love to be on uilleann pipes. But, it's too late. They're confirmed to be in it.

Okay, back on topic. i gotta strong feeling that Nightwish has gotten line up which they were looking for. Best of very luck.
09.10.2013 - 22:46
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
She is a very good singer, she'll have no problems singing Tarja's songs. Also, she is less ugly than Tarja, but then that's not so hard
09.10.2013 - 23:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
It's surprising how many people give a shit. Cause really most people don't give a shiot about this averave band and this run of the mill singer.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.10.2013 - 23:57
Zenzero
Zenzero
I'm sad for Anette! She was perfect! I hope Floor will be as good as her!

Hits total: 7880 | This month: 10