Metal Storm logo
In Mourning - Working On New Material

Two days after sharing a mysterious photo that seemingly reveals pre-production material on their Facebook page, the Swedish prog/melodic death metallers In Mourning officially announced that they're working on a new album. According to their statement, the band had been on hold for almost a year due to "family issues" but now they're back in full force.

Here's the band's official statement: "Thank you very much for the great response on the picture we uploaded a couple of days ago! As you might have guessed the pre-productions on the upcoming new album is going very well and we can't wait for all of you to get a taste of it. We would also like to take the opportunity to apologize for the lack of updates. The band has been on hold for almost a year due to family issues, so there hasn't been that much happening in the In Mourning camp to report on. But now we are back in full force and very eager to start some serious rehearsing on the new material. So thank you once again for your total support and patience for the band!"

The upcoming album will be In Mourning's fourth in total, with their latest album The Weight Of Oceans released in 2012. You can probably expect more news soon.

[Also thanks to LeKiwi for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: In Mourning
Posted: 12.10.2013 by Monolithic

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 135 users
12.10.2013 - 21:49
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Debut was good.
12.10.2013 - 21:53
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Hex_Omega on 12.10.2013 at 21:49

Debut was good.

Everything was good. I'm obviously a fan girl but that is ultimately the truth

Can't wait for a new release, my heart is pounding already with excitement.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
12.10.2013 - 22:17
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
I really like debut but other albums I dunno... Songwriting isn't that good imo
12.10.2013 - 23:21
phanto

Shrouded Divine has some great stuff, The Black Lodge in particular.
Monolith is a little too core-esque, but I still think it's a good album.
Weight of Oceans has an amazing opener, but the rest kinda feels like filler in comparison.

I'm pretty excited by these news though. I know they can do great stuff.
13.10.2013 - 01:01
Constantine

Written by phanto on 12.10.2013 at 23:21

Shrouded Divine has some great stuff, The Black Lodge in particular.
Monolith is a little too core-esque, but I still think it's a good album.
Weight of Oceans has an amazing opener, but the rest kinda feels like filler in comparison.

I'm pretty excited by these news though. I know they can do great stuff.

Exactly, also looking forward. Shrouded Divine is indeed divine album and I agree with the rest.
13.10.2013 - 09:12
DonMoenning

In Mourning are great. While I think Monolith was just above average, Shrouded Divine and The Weight of Oceans are absolutely killer. Can't wait to hear the new stuff!
13.10.2013 - 10:37
Dylan

Shrouded Divine and The Weight of Oceans get regular spins from me. Looking forward to this.
13.10.2013 - 12:21
Reaper_Redeemer

I am sure they will always release serious works, as being a serious band! Cant wait !!!
13.10.2013 - 12:31
BloodTears
ANA-thema
It is curious that not many ppl seem to like Monolith. It is their best album as far as I'm concerned. The songwriting improved with each album and they always tried new things, maybe that's what turns some ppl off.
----

My Instagram
13.10.2013 - 12:40
Dylan

Written by BloodTears on 13.10.2013 at 12:31

It is curious that not many ppl seem to like Monolith. It is their best album as far as I'm concerned. The songwriting improved with each album and they always tried new things, maybe that's what turns some ppl off.

Personally i've just not given it a whole lot of listening time. Gotta get around to that..
13.10.2013 - 12:44
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Dylan on 13.10.2013 at 12:40

Personally i've just not given it a whole lot of listening time. Gotta get around to that..

Maybe you dismissed it because some people said it wasn't good? There's always personal taste of course. The pace of the songs in Monolith is absolutely unrelentless and very impressive. It deserves more attention
----

My Instagram
13.10.2013 - 14:15
Dylan

Written by BloodTears on 13.10.2013 at 12:44

Written by Dylan on 13.10.2013 at 12:40

Maybe you dismissed it because some people said it wasn't good? There's always personal taste of course. The pace of the songs in Monolith is absolutely unrelentless and very impressive. It deserves more attention

Not dismissed.. I guess i just thought that it hadn't got rave reviews and I would listen to it another time, then completely forgot about it. I tend to do this with a lot of albums that i turn out loving.
13.10.2013 - 15:37
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog

Personally it was the "shout" style vocals and the choruses with simple melodies over simple chords that put me off :S I still love this record, it's great. I just think that some songs were simplified at times unnecessarily, and I didn't expect them to take the easy route. Then again, I'm a sucker for complexity
13.10.2013 - 23:22
Purgatori☠

It is curious that not many ppl seem to like Monolith. It is their best album as far as I'm concerned.

I don't understand this either. In my opinion Monolith is their best album yet, and the last track on that album, The Final Solution, is one of my favorites by them. That album was superb.
13.10.2013 - 23:30
Saiyanity

It is curious that not many ppl seem to like Monolith. It is their best album as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed. It's one of my all time favorites. Weight of Oceans is also excellent in my opinion.

Also, this is great news. Can't wait!
14.10.2013 - 11:35
BloodTears
ANA-thema
As it turns out, some people do like it, so it's good!

Written by LeKiwi on 13.10.2013 at 15:37

Personally it was the "shout" style vocals and the choruses with simple melodies over simple chords that put me off :S I still love this record, it's great. I just think that some songs were simplified at times unnecessarily, and I didn't expect them to take the easy route. Then again, I'm a sucker for complexity

I don't think they simplified their sound, there are plenty of complex tempos and they excelled in terms of transitions. I'm also not a fan of complexity for the sake of it and fortunately IN don't seem to do that either.

I liked that they changed their vocal style and tried to do something different. Same thing with The Weight Of Oceans, we had more cleans. I'd rather have that than see the band stagnate and do the same thing over and over.
----

My Instagram
16.10.2013 - 01:17
OpenMind

I love all their album's, so can't wait....

Hits total: 2501 | This month: 2