Metal Storm logo
Constantine - Stream New Album, Label Out Of Business

The Finns Constantine have parted ways with their label Palokka Records which will not release their upcoming second album Resign Due. The label is out of business and the progressive band will release the album on their own digitally on October 21st. The good news is that the new album is already streaming in its entirety ahead of the release below. Check it out.

The band posted the following: "So much has happened during the past week or so that we just couldn't pass it off with a few sentences on Facebook or something. We want to be honest with you guys and want to keep you updated about what's going on with the band and the upcoming release of Resign Due. First of all, Palokka Records will not be releasing our second full length album Resign Due. Their operation as a company has unfortunately come to an end due to reasons not directly related to Constantine or their record label actions.

That being said, we are still going to release Resign Due digitally on 21st of October - by ourselves. We and Palokka Records have agreed that all the rights to Resign Due, Divine Design and all the merchandise have returned back to Constantine, as well as all the remaining stock on items we have released. Basically, that means we can decide what we do and we damn sure are going to release the album, on time, no matter what.

As the crowdsourcing campaign at Mesenaatti did not achieve the goal, the album will not be released in the same scale as the campaign would have enabled to. Nevertheless, we got a huge amount of experience and knowledge what people want these days - and especially what they don't. We have received a lot of feedback directly from you, our fans, some of which have been positive, some negative, but all of them necessary. We are aware that the digital release is still in the margin amongst the fans of the genre we represent and many of you want their music as a physical CD instead. That is the main reason why we have already decided to press a small amount of CD's and T-shirts which should arrive in time for the album release party at Katse, Jyväskylä on the 26th of October.

We want to stress out that there is absolutely no bad blood between us and the people who have worked with us at Palokka Records. Of course, we would have hoped for our cooperation to end under better circumstances, but hey, it's music business we're meddled in and usually things just don't work as planned. We have done some amazing things together and we want to thank everyone there for the past three years and almost two albums!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Cønstantine
Posted: 15.10.2013 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 13 users
15.10.2013 - 14:59
Risto
Wandering Midget
Sounding solid... easily better than the new Dream Theater at least.
15.10.2013 - 21:24
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Risto on 15.10.2013 at 14:59

Sounding solid... easily better than the new Dream Theater at least.

Instrumentally, I think it sounds good, but that voice is putting me off. It even sounds like Darkwater a bit in some parts, a band I love. Maybe it's a grower? He seems like he's trying too much.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
16.10.2013 - 00:08
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by BloodTears on 15.10.2013 at 21:24

Maybe it's a grower? He seems like he's trying too much.

The performance is kinda shaky in the opening track but he improves during the rest of the album (apart from "Alice", which is more down to songwriting chemistry though). Not trying too much at all, he's rarely short of breath.

By the way, this is what they basically started with (song from their first demo re-recorded for debut full-length).

Hits total: 2149 | This month: 3