Metal Storm logo
Protest The Hero - Streaming Entire New Album

If you are thinking "what will I listen to next?", you can always listen to the new Protest The Hero album Volition because the band has made it available online in full and on YouTube. How is the band sounding on their fourth album? Is it better than Scurrilous or Fortress? You can be the judge of that. As for the official release date of the opus, it is set for October 29th.

The progressive metalcore band raised money through Indiegogo in order to complete the album which features guest drum work from Lamb Of God's Chris Adler.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Protest The Hero
Posted: 19.10.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 52 users
20.10.2013 - 00:24
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Probably their best so far!
20.10.2013 - 03:19
Doge of Venice
Listening just now. First track is some tasteful wankcore.
20.10.2013 - 12:03
musclassia
staff
After a couple of listens, can't say it matches up to the brilliance of Scurrilous, or perhaps even Kezia, but I'd probably rank it above Fortress, and considering I still rank that album highly, demonstrates just how consistently great they've been so far in their career. I feel like there's a greater reliance on crazy sweeping on this album than some of their previous ones (can't remember Scurrilous being quite so dominated by it), it's not quite as fun as the last album and the vocals sound a little less strong (don't know if that's to do with the production or not, but the prominence of the vocals on the last album helped the (IMO) awesome lyrics shine), but it's still got a lot of good things going for it. I'll need a few more listens to really get familiar with all the songs, but I really like it.
20.10.2013 - 13:38
FR1DAY
The best PTH album so far.
23.10.2013 - 03:02
Gelati
Yea this is likely album of the year in my opinion. It gets stronger and more intricate as the album progresses. God damn it their music is fun to listen to! "Skies" prolly my favorite track.

Hits total: 2373 | This month: 4