Metal Storm logo
Comics and Movies

Original post

Posted by Icewings, 20.05.2006 - 08:58
Well I'm both a comic and Movie fan , I really enjoy reading different comics old and new and of course movies .I have noticed many producers aare taking the comics or at leats the idea and then making a movie out of it ..some are good some are not exactly what we expect but it is interesting to see how they do the story and stuff ..Some of my favorite comics turn into movies are

*Sin City
*V for Vendetta

so what about yours and what do you think ?
01.01.2007 - 01:14
Cheevo

Im a huge Warhammer 40000 fan and have read all the graphic novels for the series and am now going back through the previous issues and searching for more of the same online for more short story comics in the Warhammer 40000 magizines.
----
Knowledge is Power. Guard it well!
01.01.2007 - 19:59
Icewings
La Luna
@Warman: I have to agree with you I been dissapointed many time with movies

@Cheevo: Hey this is awesome you read them all
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
23.02.2007 - 04:54
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Just came from the theater and taken a view to the Ghost Rider movie. I have mixed feelings about this movie. What comes to be the characterization of Ghost Rider and the special effects are astonishing and left me with the "nice" word in my mouth. The attitude that Ghost Rider has is pretty badass, even pretentious at times but in my opinion it fits the character.

However, when it came to dialogue, the conversations of the characters in the movie were kind of lame with the use of clichés and by recurring to predictable answers and reactions. Another flaw about this movie that I would mention would be Roxanne's reaction when she got to know that Blaze was cursed and that he becomes the Ghost Rider; she obviously didn't believe at first (she came with a predictable reaction of seeing this story as an excuse to have Blaze getting rid of her) but then she miraculously identifies Blaze when he rides up a building (not to mention the blatant coincidence of Blaze getting near her apartment to begin with), and how she seems to understand everything easily when Blaze descends the building. All in all, there was no development, no drama, and no effort of digesting all that, which comes to be so afar from reality, by Roxanne. I haven't seen the first comics of Ghost Rider but, in spite of the movie just keeping itself faithful to the comics and this lame dialogues and reactions being a direct translation from the comics to the movie, this comes to be equally lame nonetheless.

I would also mention how easily those enemies of Ghost Rider were to be taken care of. They even endure (I swear over Christ's grave) two minutes of fighting against him. It was like when things got pretty cool with the fire, the chains and all, the fight would just end. What a pity.

Anyway, not all comic-adapted movies can be as good as Spider Man... unfortunately.
----
Christless
23.02.2007 - 15:22
APOHAKC
The Bard
Comics are so cool, much cooler than mouvies, I have huge of comics collection of all genres, from westerns to fantasy and I even collect all those stupid short comics from newspapers. When I was younger I was really in Italian comics like Black, Mark, legendary Zagor, Tex Viler... now I prefer little more serious comics and I like to read comics from new and unfamous writters and drawers. I think that my favorite drawer is Grzegorz Rosinsk, his drawings are fantastic, not so complicated but I love his every line and his partner, writter Jean Van Hamme is awesome, his stories and odeas are great, especially theirs cult comic Torgal! I found many awesome comics in last few years and I think this art is not dead yet as some people like to say. I never liked Marvel's comics, drawings are good but I hate theirs stories. Best comic ever for me is legendary and cult comic called Asterix, Goshini and Uderzo created the most hilarious comic ever. Lucky Luck is also ok but not even close to Asterix... Comics are great and I am always searching for more new comics and artist so if there is some comic makers here contact me
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
23.02.2007 - 22:02
Basso
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 23.02.2007 at 15:22

Comics are so cool, much cooler than mouvies, I have huge of comics collection of all genres, from westerns to fantasy and I even collect all those stupid short comics from newspapers. When I was younger I was really in Italian comics like Black, Mark, legendary Zagor, Tex Viler... now I prefer little more serious comics and I like to read comics from new and unfamous writters and drawers. I think that my favorite drawer is Grzegorz Rosinsk, his drawings are fantastic, not so complicated but I love his every line and his partner, writter Jean Van Hamme is awesome, his stories and odeas are great, especially theirs cult comic Torgal! I found many awesome comics in last few years and I think this art is not dead yet as some people like to say. I never liked Marvel's comics, drawings are good but I hate theirs stories. Best comic ever for me is legendary and cult comic called Asterix, Goshini and Uderzo created the most hilarious comic ever. Lucky Luck is also ok but not even close to Asterix... Comics are great and I am always searching for more new comics and artist so if there is some comic makers here contact me

My father has a HUGE collection of Asterix and Obelix comics, and shitloads of Tin Tin. It is very fun to read some of them now and then. Since they are all great. Espeically Asterix and Obelix, they are hillarious!
24.02.2007 - 02:30
APOHAKC
The Bard
@Basso - Yes first 30 episodes of Asterix are great, I like tin tin, his adventures are funny but Asterix And Obelix are just un-fuckable, I am looking for original tin tin episode number 123. if anyone have this episode I will pay in gold. From the french autors I also like Gaston, he is so funny...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
10.03.2007 - 04:11
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Hey what about Hellboy? Here in Colombia I never saw the comic but I researched on teh Internet and found somepretty cool stuff. I liked the movie, It was really cool. What do you think?
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
10.03.2007 - 19:26
Icewings
La Luna
Hey I have still not seen ghost rider and I want to see it well so it was good ?anyways yeah Comic Books are awesome , I don't like when the movies go to hollywood NOOO but well is cool to see them anyways ..

@Cat eyes :Yes my dear I love hellboy , it is very interesting and the movie was really nice too, Del toro is such a good director Love his movies .
----

10.03.2007 - 22:38
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Icewings on 10.03.2007 at 19:26

Hey I have still not seen ghost rider and I want to see it well so it was good ?anyways yeah Comic Books are awesome , I don't like when the movies go to hollywood NOOO but well is cool to see them anyways ..

@Cat eyes :Yes my dear I love hellboy , it is very interesting and the movie was really nice too, Del toro is such a good director Love his movies .

Hey I want to see Ghost Rider too, but it hasn't arrived here yet.

And yes, hellboy is really awesome, the FX are awesome and so are the "monsters" voices. I really liked that, the actors have really cool voices, like Abe's. his voice is liek deep and full of wisdom... IMO
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

11.03.2007 - 02:34
Icewings
La Luna
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 10.03.2007 at 22:38

Written by Icewings on 10.03.2007 at 19:26

Hey I want to see Ghost Rider too, but it hasn't arrived here yet.

And yes, hellboy is really awesome, the FX are awesome and so are the "monsters" voices. I really liked that, the actors have really cool voices, like Abe's. his voice is liek deep and full of wisdom... IMO

Yeah I agree with you so much , the voices and everything , and the costumes Omg so so nice , like I said Del Toro is one of the greatest directors out there ..
----

13.03.2007 - 23:11
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yesterday I picked up the second comic to the dark tower Comic series. It Kicks Ass!
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
17.03.2007 - 08:53
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Im definitly glad they made a 'Hellboy' movie, (i know, old news) but Im a big fan of all of Mike Mignolas work, good sense of humor with cool artwork and cool characters.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
18.03.2007 - 07:16
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I am also a comic fan, but the only comics I read and like are:
1.Tintin
2.Asterix and Obelix.
I like the story of these comics, and the environment in it.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
18.03.2007 - 19:41
Bleeding_Rainbow

Some film festival, thought this video was damn good. http://films.thelot.com/films/25075
28.03.2007 - 15:31
Valentin B
Iconoclast
how about pif, placid et muzo anyone?
29.03.2007 - 17:19
Damnated
Churchburner
the only comic book i truly enjoy is spwan. if i'm in a good mood i even enjoy some sin city. the movie spawn was horrible, it should have never been made. it coud not deliver the magic of the comic. the sin city movie was good, though. sometimes i even prefer it to the comic.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
20.05.2007 - 01:14
Yasminah
Account deleted
commics as well as books have certain magic that by my opinion can not be put properly on screen(in many cases)..altho commics include pics of ideas,they still contain the black hole that is filled with our imagination..each single reader in his/her own way..:)so enjoy them

cheers
15.01.2008 - 17:33
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Hey this year's turn is for Iron Man! What do you people expect? I like the cartoon, it was pretty nice.
Also The Dark Knight looks damn awesome, I saw teh trailer on sunday, and this new joker kicks major ass.
----

26.10.2008 - 05:12
Hrothdane

Written by CrypticMyth on 17.12.2006 at 08:44

I'm a HUGE fan of Transmetropolitan. Any other fans here?
I've read all 60 issues and they're all fucking great. Warren Ellis is a bloody genius, and Darrick Robertson's attention to detail is just spectacular.

Supposedly, Patrick Stewart is a huge fan of these comics...So I was wondering, IF they were to make this a movie (which I dearly hope so), who do you think would fit the part to play Spider Jerusalem? I'd say Patrick Stewart or Willem Dafoe..both are excellent actors, and I feel would fit the cynical, sarcastic role. Your thoughts?

I just found a volume of Transmetropolitan at Goodwill the other day, actually the same volume as in the picture, and I love it! I'm definitely going to seek out some more volumes of it. Spider Jerusalem is just such a great character, and the part where he goes to the religious convention was priceless!
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
15.12.2013 - 06:24
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I was looking for a forum for Comics as I am reading, Aquaman's new 52 and its pretty decent....... Maybe this should just be for comics? or is there a better forum for this kind of malarkey
----
Coldgrits
02.09.2016 - 08:42
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
The Cyanide & Happiness Show.

It contains lot of small episodes with fast-paced weird comedy and scripts totally unattached to stories following from past episodes.

It's kind of like Calvin & Hobbes but they rather focus on to extract the human excretion known as laughter from your face and put in most ghastly way as possible.

Apparently, creators of show decided to air on TV cable network to cast on prime time shows but they backed out due to some concerns on terms and conditions.