Metal Storm logo
Killer Be Killed - New Super Group Details Debut

Last year, Max Cavalera (ex-Sepultura, Soulfly, Cavalera Conspiracy) announced he was forming a new project with Greg Puciato (The Dillinger Escape Plan), Troy Sanders (Mastodon) and Dave Elitch (ex-The Mars Volta). This new super group is now taking shape, it has been named Killer Be Killed and signed with Nuclear Blast Entertainment to release the group's debut record in 2014.

The collection is the result of writing sessions, creative and philosophical conversations and an eventual studio lockdown in Los Angeles. Killer Be Killed is comprised of guitarists Max Cavalera and Greg Puciato, bassist Troy Sanders - all of whom share vocal duties - together with drummer David Elitch. The album was produced/mixed by Josh Wilbur (Lamb Of God, Gojira).

"It's a bit of Sabbath-y doom, a bit of thrash, a bit of hardcore and punk," Puciato explains, searching for the right words to describe something unique.

"This is a very special project. It's a one of a kind thing, with a lot of potential," asserts Cavalera. "The album is a mix of heavy, fast and melodic songs."

Featuring lead vocal contributions and lyrics from Puciato, Cavalera and Sanders, "the aggressive assemblage of songs run the gamut from crowd-inciting brutality and jagged basement show style carnage to melodic, off-kilter hooks." Sanders jokingly described the band as "a perfect blend of a legend, a freak, a beast and a wookie."

"I love the idea of Greg, Troy and I singing together, with David Elitch's amazing drumming," says Cavalera. "Being a part of this is something quite different for me."

"There would be no point in doing this if it sounded the same as our other bands," notes Puciato. "Of any of our bands, it sounds the furthest away from mine, mainly because Dillinger is [guitarist/founder] Ben [Weinman]'s expression, musically."

The electric chemistry was apparent the first time they all assembled. "Having met, created and recorded an album together, this experience has easily exceeded my initial expectations," says Sanders. "The collective energy and mutual respect for one another eased the entire process and has been very therapeutic for me."

Are you curious about what these four musicians can come up with?

Source: nuclearblast.de
Posted: 26.10.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 73 users
26.10.2013 - 12:33
Silent Creeper
Senile Veteran
They obviously can't come up with a decent band name. Hope the music will be better.
26.10.2013 - 14:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Silent Creeper on 26.10.2013 at 12:33

They obviously can't come up with a decent band name. Hope the music will be better.

Max is involved so I highly doubt it.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.10.2013 - 08:36
A Misanthropist

I feel it might have the obvious Soulfly style with a Stoner Metal feel...

Hits total: 2352 | This month: 4