Metal Storm logo
Skinless - Add Second Guitarist

Reunited brutal death metal band Skinless have recently welcomed new guitarist Dave Matthews to their ranks. Matthews will join founding guitarist, Noah Carpenter for a dual guitar attack. Skinless reformed earlier this year under the original Progression Towards Evil lineup featuring Carpenter, Webber, bassist Joe Keyser and drummer Bob Beaulac. A new and improved Skinless will bring their sonic devastation to the stage this December in Denver, Colorado for the first annual Black Sky gala. Following that, Skinless will punish upstate New York with two already sold out shows at the Upstate Concert Hall. Additional dates to be announced in the coming weeks.

Comments Carpenter: "Yeah, yeah... his name is Dave Matthews, but I assure you he's much more metal than that crappy acoustic guy. It's good to have Dave on board. We've known him from the local Albany metal scene for almost 20 years. Dave and I also play together in the thrash band Armor Column and I thought he'd be an asset to Skinless as well. Dave is an excellent musician. We wanted to add guitar solos and more dual guitar attack to the new Skinless material. It also allows us to play the guitar harmonies from the previous albums that we haven't been able to do live. He's been rehearsing with us since we reunited but he wasn't quite ready for the 70-minute set at Delaware Death Fest recently. He'll be joining us on stage at Denver Black Sky in December. We're ready to crush!"

Adds vocalist Sherwood Webber: "Adding Dave is a great introduction to the new chapter of Skinless. Being in the band now feels like a return to the earlier days with everyone having a focus on complete brutality. It's a new era for us, but a return to the original spirit of Skinless. I'm excited to have Dave in the band, his work ethic and talent are beyond question and will help us create the best record in the band's history."

Skinless live assaults:

12/14/2013 - Denver Black Sky - The Gothic Theatre - Denver, CO
01/17/2014 - Upstate Concert Hall - Clifton Park, NY w/ Section 8, Stigmata, Overcast, Wartime Manner, Facecast
01/18/2014 - Upstate Concert Hall - Clifton Park, NY w/ Stigmata, Section 8, Wartime Manner, The Final Sleep, Born Low

Source: relapse.com
Band profile: Skinless
Posted: 27.10.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 15 users
28.10.2013 - 04:56
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Added a second guitarist and definitely NOT skin.
----
Coldgrits

Hits total: 1907 | This month: 3