Metal Storm logo
Broken Hope - Buried The Hatchet With Deicide

After the blow-out and the "he said-she said" drama surrounding the early departure of Broken Hope from the Deicide tour, the two parties apparently kissed and made up. (Read about the "drama" right here)

According to a press release by the band's public relations agency:

"A note from Broken Hope:

Broken Hope and Deicide have reached out to each other, have made apologies, and mended their friendship after the debacle at the end of the NO SALVATION TOUR.

Glen Benton, Shaun Glass, and Jeremy Wagner have been good friends for 20 years and the blow-up in El Paso was completely unnecessary and the situation could have been rectified if all parties talked it out as friends. Moreover, there were some very low-blows lobbed in an effort to maim Glen Benton, and a number of those words were very unfair and very immature, so to that end, we apologize.

That said, both bands have extended olive branches to each other in order to retain their longtime friendships, and to rise above all the worthless drama, finger-pointing, and scandalous fallout that's plagued both bands.

We're glad to once again have Benton's friendship and to have Deicide as brothers. FRIENDSHIP and MUSIC are ALL that matters here.

We ask all fans to please embrace our effort to revive our friendship with Glen and Deicide, and as we all take a higher, more positive road."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Broken Hope
Posted: 01.11.2013 by D.T. Metal

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 93 users
02.11.2013 - 01:48
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Really don't like the smell of this... so fishy. Almost political, like Benton's somehow a millionaire and for whatever price BH have sold out their credibility so that their musical careers still have legs to stand on. Normally I hate the pot being stirred like this, but it's such an about-face from the earlier BH [individual statements] that I'm struggling to see a more innocent, yet believable, explanation...

(Side-note, I've never actually heard BH's music... just been following the latest train-wreckish chain of events)
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
02.11.2013 - 01:58
Mattybu

Sounds like a "hey everyone, we're taking the high road as a result of our PR people informing us it would be a good decision"
02.11.2013 - 02:14
Lit.
Account deleted
You people are so cynical.
02.11.2013 - 02:47
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Translation: Bow and scrape and kiss Mr. Benton's ass or you're off the label.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
02.11.2013 - 06:22
cossaisVendeurs

Benton offering an olive branch? I thought he was against all this bible nonsense?
02.11.2013 - 12:02
Bananatron

Yay for the power of friendship!
02.11.2013 - 13:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Quote:
there were some very low-blows lobbed in an effort to maim Glen Benton

Benton's been a ******** ever since he started Deicide and the oinly person damaging Glenn's image (or whatever you want to call it) is the guy himself.
This kissing and making up reeks of the booking agency's meddling and telling Broken Hope if they don't apologize and such they'll be thrwon out of the bokking agency.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.11.2013 - 16:58
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Someone had to "clean up the mess".

If they come out publicly with their drama, that's what happens. It looks a bit fake though.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
02.11.2013 - 19:37
Lord_Regnier

All this sounds fishy and hypocritical and doesn't make me like Glen Benton more than before.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
03.11.2013 - 01:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Lord_Regnier on 02.11.2013 at 19:37

All this sounds fishy and hypocritical and doesn't make me like Glen Benton more than before.

he was, is and always will be the biggest dickweed around in metal.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 2372 | This month: 3