08. Believer
09. I Do
10. You Gotta Stand
11. Treasure Of The Gods
12. Farewell

Staff review by
R'Vannith
Rating:
The new Almah record finds Edu Falaschi doing exactly what he set out to do with the band following his departure from Angra. Find his voice again.

Read more ››
published 25.11.2013 | Comments (6)

Found in 2 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 122 users
02.11.2013 - 17:43
Zhazhael
Account deleted
Bored and ... zzzzzzz :/
04.11.2013 - 15:39
Rating: 8
DeathSlyzer

Hmm. This album is strange, in that it has a lot of good moments, but also a good deal of bad ones. I would like to point out for example the track "Beware The Stroke". This sounds like a really interesting track, at first anyways. The build-up was well done, and it stays an energetic piece, until the chorus kicks in. This has got to be one of the most boring choruses I've heard in a long while. It ruined the song for me. The same goes for "Wings of Revolution". I do not know what they were thinking with this one. The chorus is such a turn-off, and this song isn't really that interesting to begin with. "You Gotta Stand" also kinda has the same problem, but you can at least work through that one without serious problems. And lastly I do not really appreciate the verses in "The Hostage". Edu Falaschi is not a freakin' nu metal singer, and he should NOT try to be one.

Apart from that, I think this is a phenomenal album. "Treasure of The Gods", "In My Sleep", and "Believer" are tracks I love a whole lot already. And the rest of the tracks are good to very good songs. So I think I'll have t osettle for a 7 here, and I feel like that's being nice.
----
I sold my soul to any fool who'd buy it!
What's it gonna take to make you riot!?
06.11.2013 - 12:43
Rulatore

Written by DeathSlyzer on 04.11.2013 at 15:39

Hmm. This album is strange, in that it has a lot of good moments, but also a good deal of bad ones.

Indeed has some crappy moments. I'ld rate it 6
06.11.2013 - 19:18
DeathSlyzer

Written by Rulatore on 06.11.2013 at 12:43

Written by DeathSlyzer on 04.11.2013 at 15:39

Hmm. This album is strange, in that it has a lot of good moments, but also a good deal of bad ones.

Indeed has some crappy moments. I'ld rate it 6

Yeah. That is also a reasonable rating. I guess it's up to ones own opinion from there on. I will say that I did expect more from them. I would say it's better than Motion at least.
----
04.01.2014 - 01:21
DeathSlyzer

This one has without a doubt started to grow on me. It might help that I'm an Edu Falaschi fanboy all the way to hell and back, but still, this feels like solid material to me now.
----

Hits total: 5040 | This month: 10