Metal Storm logo
Subrosa - Equipment Stolen On Tour

SubRosa were touring with Samothrace in the US in support of their new album More Constant Than The Gods. Unfortunately, they have been forced to drop off the remaining dates due to several setbacks which include instruments that were stolen from their van, two violins, several electric guitars, a bass guitar, and a gear bag containing the band's tour money and personal belongings. Their tour van was broken into, ransacked and robbed on tour in Sacramento, California.

The band issued this statement: "Due to a couple devastating setbacks, SubRosa is unable to finish touring with our beloved Samothrace. We plan to come back full force to California within a few months. Thank you for your endless support, Samothrace, Kelly at Pantheon, June and Nate at Nanotear, and friends everywhere. We will see you again soon."

Meanwhile, friends of the band set up a fundraising account for their lost instruments here. They're offering merch for $30 and $100 minimum donations. The goal has already been reached.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: SubRosa
Posted: 06.11.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 45 users
06.11.2013 - 13:54
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
There's one reason why some bands don't tour.
Awesome looking violin. Hope it wasn't one of the stolen ones.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
06.11.2013 - 14:03
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
It was stolen, which is why the picture.
It's always shit to hear about stuff like this. Musicians barely make anything off touring and on top of that they've gotta deal with this shit!
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
06.11.2013 - 14:05
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Spirit Molecule on 06.11.2013 at 14:03

Musicians barely make anything off touring

you mean they don't make much money ?! but I thought that performing live was a way for musicians to finance their next albums and such :/
----
The Fangirl.
06.11.2013 - 14:32
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by angel. on 06.11.2013 at 14:05

you mean they don't make much money ?! but I thought that performing live was a way for musicians to finance their next albums and such :/

Small bands always lose money on tours or barely cover the expenses.

But yeah, bigger bands or with a large label behind them use touring for such things.
06.11.2013 - 14:38
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Vombatus on 06.11.2013 at 14:32

Small bands always lose money on tours or barely cover the expenses.

But yeah, bigger bands or with a large label behind them use touring for such things.

aha
so that means smaller bands promote themselves on tours in fact, instead of making money :/
----
The Fangirl.
06.11.2013 - 14:45
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
I'm assuming if you're a US band, touring within the US, you just might break even. But it's expensive, there is fuel money, food, stay and then other stuff. In the end, the band probably doesn't make anything.

If you're a band touring a different country, you're probably not going to be breaking even itself, unless you do a massive tour. Which most smaller bands can't
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
06.11.2013 - 15:06
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by angel. on 06.11.2013 at 14:38

so that means smaller bands promote themselves on tours in fact, instead of making money :/

Exactly. For example, when small bands are opening for well known bands, they sometimes have to pay to be on the tour, get no profits (or very few), or have to lend all the music equipment, etc... Their objective is to touch an audience as large as possible instead of making money like other acts would.
06.11.2013 - 15:25
Paz

Castrate these thieves!
06.11.2013 - 16:23
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by M C Vice on 06.11.2013 at 13:54

There's one reason why some bands don't tour.
Awesome looking violin. Hope it wasn't one of the stolen ones.

The pic is how one of the electric violins missing looks like, sadly. Maybe someone is kind enough to return it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram

Hits total: 2788 | This month: 4