Metal Storm logo
Those Songs Which Get On My Nerves

These are the ones that my ears are allergic to them. Gradually I'll make this list longer.

Oh and please check out the songs I mentioned, it's not about the bands, but the songs.

Created by: angel. | 07.11.2013

1. HammerFall
Hearts On Fire, damn this one has got the most annoying chorus ever. It is enough to hear only 10 seconds of the song and the whole chorus will be repeating on my brain for days.
2. Anathema
Lost Control, I'm just allergic to this one.
3. Steelheart
She's Gone, too many high-pitched notes, phrases or words are repeated several times.
4. Blind Guardian
The Bard's Song
5. Yngwie Malmsteen
Alone In Paradise, the intro makes me to hit forehead every time I hear it.
6. Katatonia
My Twin
7. Megadeth
She-Wolf and A Tout Le Mond
8. Opeth
Harvest and In My Time of Need
9. Tiamat
Gaia
10. Metallica
Turn the Page, Whiskey In The Jar
11. Sentenced
Vengeance Is Mine
12. Ozzy Osbourne
Dreamer
13. Stratovarius
Eternity
14. Avantasia
Farewell , Avantasia
15. Nightwish
Wish I Had an Angel, Wishmaster
16. Dream Theater
Another Day, At first spin the song sounds OK but after some plays it really can get on nerves.
17. Iron Maiden
Bring Your Daughter To Slaughter, Holy Smoke as much as I enjoy and love Iron Maiden I dislike No Prayer For The Dying album and especially these two songs which sound funny to me.
18. Within Temptation
Stand My Ground
19. Bullet For My Valentine
Tears Don't Fall
20. Black Sabbath
Heaven and Hell
21. System Of A Down
Fuck The System
22. Kamelot
Sin
23. Demons And Wizards
The Crimson King

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by angel. ]

Comments page 2 / 6

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 154   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 225 users
09.11.2013 - 02:19
Erik M.
Written by psykometal on 08.11.2013 at 04:40

I fixed your title.

Lol, you're harassing Mary again, eh? (although you were right about the grammar... obviously)
09.11.2013 - 03:03
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Erik M. on 09.11.2013 at 02:19

Lol, you're harassing Mary again, eh? (although you were right about the grammar... obviously)

Well somebodies gotta do it.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

09.11.2013 - 10:14
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.11.2013 at 14:08

Heaven And Hell is a Black Sabbath, not a Dio solo song, although DIo sings it. It gets on my nerves especially due to the part where he soings "on and on and on and on and on" and live the band stretches that partto over a minute and it's highly annoying. But tbh I find most of the Heaven And Hell album an annoying album because it's clear Black Sabbath changed their music to fit Dio's vocals and hence losing their typical Black Sabbath sound on that album. Thank God they redeemed themselves on Mob Rules. But Dio in Black Sabbath I regard as one of the biggest mismatches in metal history, even though Dio is a briljant singer. His voice just doesn't fit Black Sabbath's darkness.

You just reached 35000 posts.
09.11.2013 - 13:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by psykometal on 09.11.2013 at 03:03

I guess you typed 'somebodies' intentionally? Because I never saw you use majestatis pluralis before
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.11.2013 - 17:02
Erik M.
Written by psykometal on 09.11.2013 at 03:03

Well, I sometimes am guilty of it too I guess, haha (Chalice of Doom for example ).
09.11.2013 - 17:02
Erik M.
Written by 3rdWorld on 09.11.2013 at 10:14

Hey, you're not stalking Marcel now, are you?
09.11.2013 - 17:11
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Erik M. on 09.11.2013 at 17:02

Written by 3rdWorld on 09.11.2013 at 10:14

Hey, you're not stalking Marcel now, are you?

Don't worry he's all yours. I won't get in you way.
09.11.2013 - 17:37
Erik M.
Written by 3rdWorld on 09.11.2013 at 17:11

Don't worry he's all yours. I won't get in you way.

09.11.2013 - 17:38
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.11.2013 at 13:24

I guess you typed 'somebodies' intentionally? Because I never saw you use majestatis pluralis before

Yes, but not with the intent of the royal we, just not trying to be proper in that particular comment. Notice how I also used "gotta", which is also incredibly improper.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

09.11.2013 - 17:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by psykometal on 09.11.2013 at 17:38

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.11.2013 at 13:24

Yes, but not with the intent of the royal we, just not trying to be proper in that particular comment. Notice how I also used "gotta", which is also incredibly improper.

'somebodies' is grammatically wrong whereas 'gotta' is just informal speech

But I did, indeed, miss that gotta
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.11.2013 - 17:56
Erik M.
Okay, now I'm going to reply to your list.

Nice idea for a list but I disagree with Harvest and Gaia (what the hell, that song is great, as is the whole album ). I would recommend the Dominion album of Kamelot, as most songs on that album are pretty annoying. But that's mainly due to the vocals. If you'd make a list of annoying vocalists, Mark Vanderbilt should be on it. Just listen to one of the songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdd6hJ07pII and decide for yourself. That song easily gets on my nerves the most out of all Kamelot songs. Also, even though I really like the album after it (Siege Perilous), as it has Roy Khan who is a way better vocalist, that album has 3 incredibly annoying songs (One, Day, Irea and Once a Dream), which is strange because I like all the other songs. Just check out the most annoying one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhSrHpD5Gjk However, I'll warn you in advance: listening to that song could result to having it stuck in your head for days. Not that strange I hate that song, because I usually hate ballads.

Metallica has songs that are way more annoying than Whiskey in the Jar by the way. Just listen to St. Anger and you'll know what I mean. Good examples are horrible songs like Invisible Kid and Shoot Me Again, but Sweet Amber is the worst song they ever made (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58-AndGTKy0) except for maybe songs on Lulu (which I haven't heard). That song is so bad you can't believe it actually exists. Also would like to suggest the song Shrink by The Gathering: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0bn4MM0SsU Totally weird lyrics which annoy me greatly.

That's it for now.
09.11.2013 - 18:01
Erik M.
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.11.2013 at 17:41

'somebodies' is grammatically wrong whereas 'gotta' is just informal speech

But I did, indeed, miss that gotta

Wtf, I also missed "gotta", hahaha. I never use "gotta" or "gonna" because it's indeed incorrect.
09.11.2013 - 18:15
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Erik M. on 09.11.2013 at 17:56

I think Mary of all people would know which songs get on her nerves
09.11.2013 - 18:17
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Erik M. on 09.11.2013 at 02:19

Anathema isn't a cool band. They WERE a cool band before they started playing lame music. Most songs of theirs get on my nerve and especially the song "Saw You Drown". What a totally lame and pathetic song. One of the first songs I heard from the band and immediately hated it. But I love The Silent Enigma and to a lesser extent Serenades, so at least they made some great albums.

no no don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying such thing, indeed Anathema WAS cool, but I mean the songs that are here gets on my nerves not because that a certain band made them.
Yeah I personally love early days of Anathema.

That's it for now.

That's it ? really ?! hahaha, you just bombard me with so many points I don't know which one I should reply, give me some time until I can reply back for now I just say that "Harvest" with no clear reason gets on my nerves, I have no clear explanation for it, I think the song structure is annoying for me, the clean rhythm guitars :/ the melodies and then vocals, but if an interesting female vocal could be added to it, then maybe it would be more tolerable for me. Argh how much I dislike those guitars.
----
The Fangirl.
09.11.2013 - 18:18
Erik M.
Written by LeKiwi on 09.11.2013 at 18:15

Hmmm, you make a fair point, hahaha. Well, not going to delete my message since it took me a while to type it.
09.11.2013 - 18:19
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by M C Vice on 08.11.2013 at 14:48

And sorry, but I can't resist this:
Hearts on fire, hearts on fire!
Burning burning with desire!

damn ! the funniest comment here, but break it up
----
The Fangirl.
09.11.2013 - 18:23
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Erik M. on 09.11.2013 at 18:18

Hmmm, you make a fair point, hahaha. Well, not going to delete my message since it took me a while to type it.

You could always make your own list, seems you already have a solid start
09.11.2013 - 18:30
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by LeKiwi on 09.11.2013 at 18:15

yeah somehow you're right, for example so many people love "lost control" actually,
but erm who can really enjoy "Hearts on Fire" chorus or such cheesy song like "I Wish I Had An Angel"
I mean more or less I tried to pick noticeable ones :/
----
The Fangirl.
09.11.2013 - 18:33
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by angel. on 09.11.2013 at 18:30

but erm who can really enjoy "Hearts on Fire" chorus

Hahaha, I actually like that song as shameful as that is Strangely though, I usually hate cheese like that....
09.11.2013 - 18:37
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Erik M. on 09.11.2013 at 18:18

Well, not going to delete my message since it took me a while to type it.

ah don't delete please, although the title said that the songs get on my nerves but check out some of them on lists and you'll know how annoying they are except "Harvest"
----
The Fangirl.
09.11.2013 - 18:37
Erik M.
Written by angel. on 09.11.2013 at 18:17

no no don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying such thing, indeed Anathema WAS cool, but I mean the songs that are here gets on my nerves not because that a certain band made them.
Yeah I personally love early days of Anathema.

Ah okay. Fair enough then.

Quote:

That's it ? really ?! hahaha, you just bombard me with so many points I don't know which one I should reply, give me some time until I can reply back for now I just say that "Harvest" with no clear reason gets on my nerves, I have no clear explanation for it, I think the song structure is annoying for me, the clean rhythm guitars :/ the melodies and then vocals, but if an interesting female vocal could be added to it, then maybe it would be more tolerable for me. Argh how much I dislike those guitars.

Sorry about that, hahaha. Just take your time. Even if you don't bother with it it's totally fine.

Also, while I don't agree about Harvest, it's still your opinion so I respect that. If you said it's a bad song, then we'd have a problem.
09.11.2013 - 18:40
Erik M.
Written by LeKiwi on 09.11.2013 at 18:23

You could always make your own list, seems you already have a solid start

I'm done with lists, as I already have 8 lists. Not to mention I don't have the time for it now.
09.11.2013 - 18:48
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Erik M. on 09.11.2013 at 18:40

I'm done with lists, as I already have 8 lists. Not to mention I don't have the time for it now.

shhhhhh....shhhhhh....list duties beckon
09.11.2013 - 19:58
angel.
Evil Butterfly

Nice idea for a list but I disagree with Harvest and Gaia (what the hell, that song is great, as is the whole album ). I would recommend the Dominion album of Kamelot, as most songs on that album are pretty annoying. But that's mainly due to the vocals. If you'd make a list of annoying vocalists, Mark Vanderbilt should be on it. Just listen to one of the songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdd6hJ07pII and decide for yourself. That song easily gets on my nerves the most out of all Kamelot songs. Also, even though I really like the album after it (Siege Perilous), as it has Roy Khan who is a way better vocalist, that album has 3 incredibly annoying songs (One, Day, Irea and Once a Dream), which is strange because I like all the other songs. Just check out the most annoying one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhSrHpD5Gjk However, I'll warn you in advance: listening to that song could result to having it stuck in your head for days. Not that strange I hate that song, because I usually hate ballads.

Metallica has songs that are way more annoying than Whiskey in the Jar by the way. Just listen to St. Anger and you'll know what I mean. Good examples are horrible songs like Invisible Kid and Shoot Me Again, but Sweet Amber is the worst song they ever made (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58-AndGTKy0) except for maybe songs on Lulu (which I haven't heard). That song is so bad you can't believe it actually exists. Also would like to suggest the song Shrink by The Gathering: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0bn4MM0SsU Totally weird lyrics which annoy me greatly.

That's it for now.

I should add that yeah the album is good but "Harvest" to me sounds bad.
haha no I won't make a list of annoying vocalists anyway
I think that "Shrink" is not that annoying neither "Sweet Amber" at least it seems that my ears aren't that allergic to them but wait " Sin" ... certainly it's one of those songs that gets on my nerves.I never followed Kamelot, only one album: Karma.

those two albums , Lulu and St. Anger by Metallica are bad, alright, but that song doesn't make my ears that annoyed excuse me god of metal
----
The Fangirl.
09.11.2013 - 21:38
Lokaeda
Account deleted
Listen to "stairway to heaven" by Led Zeppelin and "highway to hell" by AC/DC and they'll probably make a place in your list hehehehe
09.11.2013 - 21:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 09.11.2013 at 21:38

Listen to "stairway to heaven" by Led Zeppelin and "highway to hell" by AC/DC and they'll probably make a place in your list hehehehe

NO WAY. BOTH NEVER ANNOY ANYONE
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.11.2013 - 22:00
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
I understand why someone wouldn't like In My Time Of Need (the way it's sung can be annoying to some people) but I seriously got sad when I found Harvest in the list.
Same with Lost Control...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
09.11.2013 - 22:14
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.11.2013 at 22:00

but I seriously got sad when I found Harvest in the list.
Same with Lost Control...

I'm not sorry to make you sad
----
The Fangirl.
09.11.2013 - 22:16
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Guest on 09.11.2013 at 21:38

But I actually love "Highway to Hell" and "stairway to heaven" is fine too though it's not my fav :/
----
The Fangirl.
09.11.2013 - 23:28
Erik M.
Written by angel. on 09.11.2013 at 19:58

I should add that yeah the album is good but "Harvest" to me sounds bad.
haha no I won't make a list of annoying vocalists anyway
I think that "Shrink" is not that annoying neither "Sweet Amber" at least it seems that my ears aren't that allergic to them but wait " Sin" ... certainly it's one of those songs that gets on my nerves.I never followed Kamelot, only one album: Karma.

those two albums , Lulu and St. Anger by Metallica are bad, alright, but that song doesn't make my ears that annoyed excuse me god of metal

I see. Well, it all comes down to opinions whether music is annoying or not. I expected you to hate that Kamelot song though, haha. Also, "god of metal"? Well thanks, but it's hardly appropriate as many MS users know far more about metal than me.

Hits total: 4013 | This month: 20