16. Hounds Of Hell [demo] [2004 Remaster bonus]

Found in 4 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 12   Visited by: 113 users
10.11.2013 - 23:07
Lião
Account deleted
A legendary album. Straight into your face speed metal punch, no thrash metal bullshit. Highly recommended for all speed metal fans around the world. \m/
26.02.2015 - 20:09
Rating: 9
Dr. Strawberry

Written by Guest on 10.11.2013 at 23:07

A legendary album. Straight into your face speed metal punch, no thrash metal bullshit. Highly recommended for all speed metal fans around the world. \m/

Please take note : Speed Metal = Thrash Metal
26.02.2015 - 22:13
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Written by Dr. Strawberry on 26.02.2015 at 20:09

No it dosn't
27.02.2015 - 09:55
Dr. Strawberry

Written by Guest on 26.02.2015 at 22:13

No it dosn't

So you think Speed Metal is more to Power Metal or Thrash Metal ? or stand alone ?
27.02.2015 - 10:03
Dr. Strawberry

This is a typical German style Thrash Metal album with probably 20% of Power Metal elements in it.
27.02.2015 - 16:39
Rating: 8
raveneffect

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 27.02.2015 at 09:55

No it dosn't

So you think Speed Metal is more to Power Metal or Thrash Metal ? or stand alone ?

Speed Metal is Speed metal. It's not Thrash. Earlier they were calling Speed to Thrash bands but that shifted later on. Still, there's a lot of Speed in Anthrax or Slayer's first album. But on a deeper level, Speed Metal is stuff like Trojan, Acid, ADX, Blood Money, Warrant, Crossfire, Raven or Helloween's work till Walls. Some bands had the Speed sound and mixed it with Thrash like Iron Angel. Other mxied it with Heavy like Running Wild, others with Power like Helloween later on.

Nowadays Speed is represented by bands like Enforcer, Evil Invaders, Ranger, Speedbreaker and many more and walk hand-with-hand with the ongoing NWOTHM revivalism thing.

About this one, It's a Speed Classic to me, which seems to be a very European thing, specially from Germany and Belgium.
27.02.2015 - 19:47
Dr. Strawberry

Written by raveneffect on 27.02.2015 at 16:39

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 27.02.2015 at 09:55

No it dosn't

Speed Metal is Speed metal. It's not Thrash. Earlier they were calling Speed to Thrash bands but that shifted later on. Still, there's a lot of Speed in Anthrax or Slayer's first album. But on a deeper level, Speed Metal is stuff like Trojan, Acid, ADX, Blood Money, Warrant, Crossfire, Raven or Helloween's work till Walls. Some bands had the Speed sound and mixed it with Thrash like Iron Angel. Other mxied it with Heavy like Running Wild, others with Power like Helloween later on.

Nowadays Speed is represented by bands like Enforcer, Evil Invaders, Ranger, Speedbreaker and many more and walk hand-with-hand with the ongoing NWOTHM revivalism thing.

About this one, It's a Speed Classic to me, which seems to be a very European thing, specially from Germany and Belgium.

Very well analysed, mostly covered most important points.

But to me the meaning of Speed Metal became vague, unnecessary and redundant nowadays as it was a general term to represent both Thrash and Power Metal in the past. It's quite ridiculous if someone says it's a Speed but not a Thrash metal album. Thrash elements are obviously prevailing in this album.
30.07.2018 - 18:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
After so many years in metal and deep evolution, this rebellion, so called st. ann music don't makes sence to me, nothing to re play here. Its history, its old.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.12.2020 - 21:15
Aries Rising

Written by Guest on 10.11.2013 at 23:07

I know this is five years too late, but Thrash Metal pulls from punk and hardcore. So if the metal is fast and extreme but has punk influences, its thrash, if not, then it's speed metal.

Speed Metal = Running Wild
Thrash Metal = Slayer
24.03.2024 - 20:09
Rating: 8
Yxag

I really have no idea how people can call this speed metal... But even so, it has insane amount of "thrash metal bullshit". Pretty decent by the way. Maybe it becomes too repetitive by the end and I had to get used to vocals. Still, this record are kicking and I liked a lot of moments. Good shit.
24.03.2024 - 20:17
Metal Rasputin

The album is awesome, but I have always pondered about that weird cover art. Why on earth does that orc wear purple speedos? What on earth was the artist thinking?
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
24.03.2024 - 21:53
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Metal Rasputin on 24.03.2024 at 20:17

The albums is awesome, but I have always pondered about that weird cover art. Why an earth does that orc wear purple speedos? What an earth was the artist thinking?

This album cover is just bad overall if you ask me. At least the purple speedo kind of makes it funny

The important part is that the music is good.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here

Hits total: 4942 | This month: 53