Metal Storm logo
The Holiday Shopping Thread v2013

Original post

Posted by Mercyful_Kate, 11.11.2013 - 18:42
If you do holiday shopping around this time of year, discuss what gifts you're picking up for your families/friends/significant others. Also, post pictures of wierdies at the mall.

I'm torn up about whether to get my boyfriend this supercool Lego set:http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-10240-X-Wing-Starfighter-Building/dp/B00COM5ZNE/ref=sr_1_17?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1384187868&sr=1-17&keywords=lego

or this pea coat http://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Industries-Mens-Black-X-Small/dp/B003ZTR2G8/ref=sr_1_2?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1384188078&sr=1-2&keywords=alpha+industries

or just some more records. HELP!
26.11.2013 - 18:34
Mercyful_Kate

Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.11.2013 at 05:13

Written by Mercyful_Kate on 25.11.2013 at 03:28
Some places are like that, but in Buffalo and Syracuse, we get a lot of lake effect snow averaging around 300cm yearly.

I used to live just north of New York in Kingston, Ontario. We were right by Lake Ontario so the snow there accumulated the same way it does just south in the cities you mentioned. We just had our first major snowfall where I live now (just north of Toronto) a couple days ago, and it doesn't look like it's gonna melt any time soon.

I don't think it accounts for the same amount of snow I remember seeing in the winter I spent in Cold Lake, Alberta though. It seemed like every day they announced another half-foot of snow.

It's supposed to snow in Buffalo substantially tomorrow...just in time for Thanksgiving travel!
26.11.2013 - 18:38
Mercyful_Kate

Written by Mattybu on 26.11.2013 at 02:01

Have a fun time in Canada eh, if you come here in December it's gonna be a real cold one eh, most of us will just be staying in our igloos with our winterly stashes of moose meat and maple syrup.

Speaking of amazing Canadian shit, I'm going to see the Trailer Park Boys' Dear Santa Claus, Go F!@#k Yourself show at University of Buffalo in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!
26.11.2013 - 20:24
Mattybu

Written by Mercyful_Kate on 26.11.2013 at 18:38

Written by Mattybu on 26.11.2013 at 02:01

Have a fun time in Canada eh, if you come here in December it's gonna be a real cold one eh, most of us will just be staying in our igloos with our winterly stashes of moose meat and maple syrup.

Speaking of amazing Canadian shit, I'm going to see the Trailer Park Boys' Dear Santa Claus, Go F!@#k Yourself show at University of Buffalo in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!

Lucky!!! Have fun.

ALSO I took a look at the Detroit Red Wings schedule for December today and wouldn't you know it they are coming to Toronto on December 21st. I think a couple of tickets to that game might have to be my new Christmas gift request.... The best thing is it's two of my favourite teams so I won't be depressed no matter the outcome (although as always I will be on the Wings' side).

Apparently Buffalo is a good place to watch hockey though and some people I know migrate up there on a weekend to see the games. Tickets are very expensive in Toronto. Not to mention other than the one game a season or whatever in Toronto seeing a Bills game is the closest option for some live NFL action for us Canadian folk.
26.11.2013 - 23:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 25.11.2013 at 03:28

Some places are like that, but in Buffalo and Syracuse, we get a lot of lake effect snow averaging around 300cm yearly.

I live somewhere like so far in the noryh like Yellow Knife, Yukon, Hay River Fort McCanzie somewhere there so ....
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.11.2013 - 07:25
FOOCK Nam

Written by Bad English on 24.11.2013 at 20:20

Written by Mercyful_Kate on 24.11.2013 at 18:48

Sweden is colder, but we get just as much snow in Western New York.

I dont think so , when I watch USA news seems you have bih chaos there when it snows and her ein the nord we have a lot of snow mormaly half meter and more, november april ,

k7 i dont know if there is vortex, storm, thunder, typhoon,...all climate disaster in Swede or nordic Scandinavil, i do have heard that its extreme cold in Sweden and Norway. i read once a writer moved to Sweden, the coldness made him weak. But there is vietnamese or some thai in sweden most student though..i dont know how compare cold range of Swede to Russia place like Moscow. Read somewhere in college history class that when nazi came to ussr invading they all shivering and got sick which make the long time delayed in russia weakening the military maneuver...
27.11.2013 - 11:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by FOOCK Nam on 27.11.2013 at 07:25

Written by Bad English on 24.11.2013 at 20:20

Written by Mercyful_Kate on 24.11.2013 at 18:48

Sweden is colder, but we get just as much snow in Western New York.

I dont think so , when I watch USA news seems you have bih chaos there when it snows and her ein the nord we have a lot of snow mormaly half meter and more, november april ,

k7 i dont know if there is vortex, storm, thunder, typhoon,...all climate disaster in Swede or nordic Scandinavil, i do have heard that its extreme cold in Sweden and Norway. i read once a writer moved to Sweden, the coldness made him weak. But there is vietnamese or some thai in sweden most student though..i dont know how compare cold range of Swede to Russia place like Moscow. Read somewhere in college history class that when nazi came to ussr invading they all shivering and got sick which make the long time delayed in russia weakening the military maneuver...

-33¤ and even -44¤ in Jokkmokk and Lapland is nte xtreme cold its normal, can happen sometimes
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.11.2013 - 17:09
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Given the choice between an X-wing and a coat... I'd pick the X-wing.
29.11.2013 - 02:34
Thrashette

I agree with everyone saying get him the Lego set!!!! Seems much more meaningful. And awesome.
As for my holiday shopping, I'm knitting gifts for my parents. I bought the yarn earlier this week and am about 25-30% done my dad's soon-to-be scarf. I need to get something for brother, but he never replied to my text asking what he wanted for Christmas. If I have time, maybe he's going to get a knitted gift too.
29.11.2013 - 03:00
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I seem to be the only one for the pea coat. wut3v4.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
29.11.2013 - 05:43
Mattybu

Written by Thrashette on 29.11.2013 at 02:34

As for my holiday shopping, I'm knitting gifts for my parents. I bought the yarn earlier this week and am about 25-30% done my dad's soon-to-be scarf. I need to get something for brother, but he never replied to my text asking what he wanted for Christmas. If I have time, maybe he's going to get a knitted gift too.

Those kind of gifts are so thoughtful imo. It takes a lot of effort to do something like that... good for you

At this point if I was either of my brothers, I would not be excited about present prospects from me Will probably get them something though.
02.12.2013 - 18:49
Mercyful_Kate

Written by Mattybu on 29.11.2013 at 05:43

Written by Thrashette on 29.11.2013 at 02:34

Those kind of gifts are so thoughtful imo. It takes a lot of effort to do something like that... good for you

At this point if I was either of my brothers, I would not be excited about present prospects from me Will probably get them something though.

I agree! Those are wonderful gifts and also extremely useful. I'm sure your parents will love them. It's 100% better than a gift card.
02.12.2013 - 20:17
Mattybu

As a gift giver it feels better too, IMO. This year on my dad's birthday I drew a very detailed Pittsburgh Pirates logo on the inside of his birthday card complete with a little "51" in the eye patch for how old he was. I could tell he really liked the card and it's nice to go out of your way a bit for the people you care about.
04.01.2014 - 21:43
Thrashette

Written by Mattybu on 02.12.2013 at 20:17

As a gift giver it feels better too, IMO. This year on my dad's birthday I drew a very detailed Pittsburgh Pirates logo on the inside of his birthday card complete with a little "51" in the eye patch for how old he was. I could tell he really liked the card and it's nice to go out of your way a bit for the people you care about.

It's true, there's definitely a sense of pride knowing that people love the stuff you make and that your work is much appreciated... Especially in my case, since I always go through a thought process of "what if they don't like it? Then I'll have to make a better one. But I already did my best and I don't have time to redo it. I just have to stick with what I made and hope they like it". As far as I know everyone treasures the stuff I make and I'm just my worst critic My parents loved the gifts I made them and they've been wearing them every day since we got back from our vacation.

As for my brother, I ended up getting him a funny portrait of a dog that I found on Etsy. So it was still something unique and handmade, just not made by me
04.01.2014 - 22:00
no one
Account deleted
One year i just made everybody ginger bread men, they were stoaked i made one batch a hash batch for the more adventurous side of my family
05.01.2014 - 04:10
Mattybu

Written by Thrashette on 04.01.2014 at 21:43

Written by Mattybu on 02.12.2013 at 20:17

It's true, there's definitely a sense of pride knowing that people love the stuff you make and that your work is much appreciated... Especially in my case, since I always go through a thought process of "what if they don't like it? Then I'll have to make a better one. But I already did my best and I don't have time to redo it. I just have to stick with what I made and hope they like it". As far as I know everyone treasures the stuff I make and I'm just my worst critic My parents loved the gifts I made them and they've been wearing them every day since we got back from our vacation.

As for my brother, I ended up getting him a funny portrait of a dog that I found on Etsy. So it was still something unique and handmade, just not made by me

That's cool. They probably aren't just being nice about it either if they are wearing them EVERY DAY Since the power outage went completely macho on us my would-have-been last minute Christmas shopping for my family didn't end up happening but they wouldn't expect gifts from me anyways. I did draw a picture for a very good friend of mine (cause she said I wasn't allowed to spend any money on a gift) which she liked, so I was happy about that.
07.09.2015 - 09:53
shawnheald

Enjoy the pleasure of weather with a wide assortment of cheap Black Vest for men available at our web store, Shoppersfeed. Visit us online!
----
Find your perfect casual Black Vest featuring tons of styles and fashions from Shoppersfeed. Here, we have a huge collection of cheap dresses to offer you at reasonable prices.