Metal Storm logo
Kauan - Streaming Entire New Album

Start your week in the best possible way by listening to Russian/Ukrainian doom/folk metallers Kauan which are streaming their long-awaited fifth album Pirut (translated as "Devils") through their label Blood Music's Bandcamp here. The album may be the first one to ever be delayed by a meteor strike, as the band was under attack in their hometown of Chelyabinsk during the mixing of the album.

The album will see its release on December 15th and is meant to be absorbed as a single 40-minute composition. Take the journey and tell us your impressions.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Kauan
Posted: 25.11.2013 by BloodMusic

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 41 users
25.11.2013 - 22:26
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Something about why or rather how it was delayed: Interesting stuff.
25.11.2013 - 22:36
Erik M.

Written by 3rdWorld on 25.11.2013 at 22:26

Something about why or rather how it was delayed: Interesting stuff.

This was already known for quite some time though, but of course not everyone knows that. They posted several updates on Facebook about it when it happened.

Anyway, this stuff is pretty excellent I must say, after a first listen. Great to see they aren't playing music like their last few albums since I like that style way less.
25.11.2013 - 22:52
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Would've preferred as a single track release anyway not going to make any difference in the end.
25.11.2013 - 23:01
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Erik M. on 25.11.2013 at 22:36

This was already known for quite some time though, but of course not everyone knows that.

Now, thanks again for exposing to the world that I live in a cave.
25.11.2013 - 23:12
Erik M.

Written by 3rdWorld on 25.11.2013 at 22:52

Would've preferred as a single track release anyway not going to make any difference in the end.

I think it is in fact a single track, but just cut into parts for the Bandcamp page, but I'm not sure about this (read the description on the page and you'll know why I think this is the case). But yes, I agree a single track would've been better for this, instead of the short parts/songs.

Written by 3rdWorld on 25.11.2013 at 23:01

Now, thanks again for exposing to the world that I live in a cave.

Usually I'm the one who is late to the party, but this is one of the exceptions.
26.11.2013 - 00:11
BloodMusic

It was the decision of the band, but the CD is cut into these 8 chapters. The Bandcamp gives chapter gaps that the CD will not, so it will be one through-play without any pauses on the CD. The vinyl is cut into Side A and Side B with a fade between them only, so it is essentially a single track, split onto sides.

Glad to see that people are enjoying this !
----
*Available: maudlin of the Well/Lykathea Aflame/Ihsahn*

Coming soon: Sigh, Manii, Odium, Kauan, Aquilus, Negura Bunget, Thy Catafalque, Ne Obliviscaris, Strapping Young Lad

Blood Music
http://www.blood-music.com
http://www.facebook.com/BlooodMusic
26.11.2013 - 10:59
andreosokin
SOUNDERY
Written by BloodMusic on 26.11.2013 at 00:11

It was the decision of the band, but the CD is cut into these 8 chapters. The Bandcamp gives chapter gaps that the CD will not, so it will be one through-play without any pauses on the CD. The vinyl is cut into Side A and Side B with a fade between them only, so it is essentially a single track, split onto sides.

Glad to see that people are enjoying this !

Good choice, guys!

I was absolutely shocked to hear something like that from a Russian band, 'coz the vast majority of bands here are just repeating others, while this sounded like something new to me. And for the record, I'm not a fan of doom metal

Hits total: 1684 | This month: 3