Metal Storm logo
Insidious Decrepancy

08.01.2007 - 18:37
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Insidious Decrepancy is a Brutal band with some technical guitar riffs, and suprisingly is a one man.

Only have Insidious Decrepancy's later album titled 'The Inerrancy Of Profanation' and its a very good album. The cover actually drew me into purchasing it to be honest and stands to be one of my favourite album covers. Very brutal with technical riffage thoughout with Shawn's vocals sounding pretty evil with his growls which compliments the lyrical themes based on gore and the perverse. The drums are only done on a machine with you cant easily tell but they've been programmed excellently... I just dont really care much for drum machines snare sound though.

A couple of remasted tracks can be found at their/his Myspace
----

Hellcunt Smurf
08.01.2007 - 22:59
spirit_inblack
harshhead
I love this band. Very bruta, Shaun is a death metal genius. It looks really weird when a one-man band plays live though, Isn't Putrid Pile a one-man band?
09.01.2007 - 00:03
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
You know when a n00b first joins metalstorm and they make like 23454 posts in a row? I feel like that right now. I just can't help it though...it feels like Christmas time in the extreme metal forum now that it has been resurrected.

Yeah...they use a drum machine, but most one-man bands do, unfortunately. It's ok though because it all sounds nifty and such.

BTW, I don't know if they still are, but Putrid Pile is a one man band and they are amazing.
09.01.2007 - 18:15
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Thanks guys, now I know another one-man brutal band I'll edit the post ... And then hunt Putrid Pile down

@spirit_inblack: Insidious Decrepancy plays with a live drummer though, how can it look weird?
----

Hellcunt Smurf
09.01.2007 - 21:08
spirit_inblack
harshhead
I thought I saw a vid on youtube with just the one-man. I didn't see a drummer, so I don't know. They look like a pretty good live act.

EDIT: I've been looking for more of these one man bands and so far I've found: Heinous Killings
10.01.2007 - 18:35
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Maybe at the show he didnt have a live drummer with him? But yeah from what Ive heard hes pretty insane .. though the brutality is expected with the live show, not sure about the stage presence. Havent seen any videos yet myself, will now you've reminded me
----

Hellcunt Smurf
13.01.2007 - 08:44
Herzebeth
Crap..I was about to say Putrid Pile as well... that guy is way better than this Insidious dude...
----
14.01.2007 - 05:14
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by spirit_inblack on 14.01.2007 at 04:43

Another one-man death band is Heinous Killings, but I havrn't listened to them much, so Ican't say much about them.

Thanks and all, but lets leave this thread just for Insidious Decrepancy
----

Hellcunt Smurf
17.03.2007 - 21:48
spirit_inblack
harshhead
I was watching some episodes of Metal Injection last night and I watched one with an interview of Jon Gallagher from Dying Fetus and Oderus Urungus from GWAR.

It was one of the older episodes, but in the interview, John said that he was very good friends with Shawn Whitaker of Insidious Decrepancy and that sometime in the future, they were planning on making a band, just the two of them and John would be vocals and lead guitars.

I hope this happens eventually, because this band would be crazy good, but I doubt it will ever happen.
18.03.2007 - 05:49
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Damn, that would be interesting if they did team up and do something. But like you I doubt that it would happen. Also, John would get both vocal and lead guitars? That wouldnt leave much for Shawn to do... just bass, 2nd guitar( if there would be any), drums. And I dont think he'll be doing drums see as he uses a drum mahine..
----

Hellcunt Smurf
12.03.2008 - 10:15
ABUSOR
Account deleted
Written by Xtreme Jax on 08.01.2007 at 18:37

Insidious Decrepancy is a Brutal band with some technical guitar riffs, and suprisingly is a one man.

Only have Insidious Decrepancy's later album titled 'The Inerrancy Of Profanation' and its a very good album. The cover actually drew me into purchasing it to be honest and stands to be one of my favourite album covers. Very brutal with technical riffage thoughout with Shawn's vocals sounding pretty evil with his growls which compliments the lyrical themes based on gore and the perverse. The drums are only done on a machine with you cant easily tell but they've been programmed excellently... I just dont really care much for drum machines snare sound though.

I know what you mean, I bought the album because the cover art got my attention.. Shawn Whitaker is the perfect man for this job, he does it really well. Just recently he announced he's not going to tour anymore due to "personal reasons" but said he would stil continue with Insidious Decrepancy recording and making music.... Have you heard the other band Shawn is in, Grotesque Formation? I own Basement Decompositions(their only full-length) its Brutal. Probs more Brutal than Insidious Decrepancy
12.03.2008 - 10:17
ABUSOR
Account deleted
Written by Herzebeth on 13.01.2007 at 08:44

Crap..I was about to say Putrid Pile as well... that guy is way better than this Insidious dude...

I agree. Putrid Pile is better. I still like Insidious though
12.03.2008 - 10:18
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yeah man, Grotesque Formation is sick. The production is a bit weird, but I think I might like them more than Insidious Decrepancy. The vocals are so brutal that they make me want to eat the microwaved tuna I just made that smells like a dog's bleeding vagina.
17.03.2008 - 15:50
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Guest on 12.03.2008 at 10:15

I know what you mean, I bought the album because the cover art got my attention.. Shawn Whitaker is the perfect man for this job, he does it really well. Just recently he announced he's not going to tour anymore due to "personal reasons" but said he would stil continue with Insidious Decrepancy recording and making music.... Have you heard the other band Shawn is in, Grotesque Formation? I own Basement Decompositions(their only full-length) its Brutal. Probs more Brutal than Insidious Decrepancy

Yeah heard that news. Smurf metal has it's advantages

Havn't heard his other project though, but if Pyro likes it better, will have to check it out.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
17.03.2008 - 23:02
ABUSOR
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 12.03.2008 at 10:18

Yeah man, Grotesque Formation is sick. The production is a bit weird, but I think I might like them more than Insidious Decrepancy. The vocals are so brutal that they make me want to eat the microwaved tuna I just made that smells like a dog's bleeding vagina.

haha dog's bleeding vagina mmmm.... Desecrate the canine uterus. Rip it apart and eat the raw primitive flesh..
17.03.2008 - 23:06
ABUSOR
Account deleted
Written by Xtreme Jax on 17.03.2008 at 15:50

Written by Guest on 12.03.2008 at 10:15

Yeah heard that news. Smurf metal has it's advantages

Havn't heard his other project though, but if Pyro likes it better, will have to check it out.

Yeah he's got several other projects but I've only heard Grotesque Formation.. BRUTAL!! Man Smurf Metal annihilates half the cunts on this site
18.03.2008 - 08:18
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Cunts? Wrong part of the body I'd be describing most of them, haha.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
10.08.2009 - 07:52
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Has anyone heard the new album yet?
13.08.2009 - 04:03
Endoftherainbow
Yeah it's got amazing production and the drum sound is unreal for programmed. His most technical album yet easily, it will probably grow on me after awhile but for now I still like Decadent Orgy... best.