Metal Storm logo
80 - 100 W amp with good built-in distorsion.

08.01.2007 - 19:44
Stalker
Lone wanderer
I've been using 15Wat Marshall, but I need something stronger now, but i dont have enough money for good amp and good distorsion, so i need something that is decent eneough for playing some heavier stuff, until I buy distorsion pedal.

Any sugestions??
----
09.01.2007 - 07:10
Soliloquy
i use a Line 6 Spider II 15 wat amp.

what the hell is a line 6 amp? well, they arent all too popular around,(Metallica, COF, Nine Inch Nails,Emperor,Porcupine Tree, coil and bunch of others...) but they make amazing amps. what makes em so cool? thier amps come with 4 distortion which are Clean, Crunch, Metal, and Insane. on top of that, they have bunch of effects slapped on the amp which include Phaser, Chorus/Flanger, Tremolo, Sweep Echo, Tape Echo, and my fav. Reverb(i refuse to play anything without reverb!). on top of that, it has an awsome noise gate that can block out random noise that you get even without you playing anything. and it has bunch of other stuff.

the amp isnt all TOO expensive. i got mine for about 250 canadian dollars. so that would be about 200 US dollars.

however, one bad thing about it is that its resale value is almost worth shit...but that can work for your advantage if you find a second hand amp.

but yeah, ive been playing it for almost 2 years(would be 2 years in june) and i have had no problems with it.

you can always go with a 30wat, 75 wat, or even the 100 wat thing(though the 100 wat amp requires lots of room on your floor.
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
14.01.2007 - 00:49
Kaamos
Account deleted
How about Peavey Bandit? Pretty good & affordable. 1x12 solid-state combo with 80w (or 100 with external speaker), built-in reverb and plenty of gain.

http://www.peavey.com/products/browse.cfm/action/detail/item/116535/number/00583640/cat/64/begin/1/Bandit%AE+112.cfm
14.01.2007 - 21:25
WarriorOfMetal
Written by Soliloquy on 09.01.2007 at 07:10

i use a Line 6 Spider II 15 wat amp.

what the hell is a line 6 amp? well, they arent all too popular around,(Metallica, COF, Nine Inch Nails,Emperor,Porcupine Tree, coil and bunch of others...) but they make amazing amps. what makes em so cool? thier amps come with 4 distortion which are Clean, Crunch, Metal, and Insane. on top of that, they have bunch of effects slapped on the amp which include Phaser, Chorus/Flanger, Tremolo, Sweep Echo, Tape Echo, and my fav. Reverb(i refuse to play anything without reverb!). on top of that, it has an awsome noise gate that can block out random noise that you get even without you playing anything. and it has bunch of other stuff.

the amp isnt all TOO expensive. i got mine for about 250 canadian dollars. so that would be about 200 US dollars.

however, one bad thing about it is that its resale value is almost worth shit...but that can work for your advantage if you find a second hand amp.

but yeah, ive been playing it for almost 2 years(would be 2 years in june) and i have had no problems with it.

you can always go with a 30wat, 75 wat, or even the 100 wat thing(though the 100 wat amp requires lots of room on your floor.

um....Metallica and Porcupine Tree don't play Line 6 amps....
14.01.2007 - 21:52
Soliloquy
my bad. they're using line 6 pedals and other stuff.
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
15.01.2007 - 21:19
drum fiend
Account deleted
I've got 80 watt peavey bandit has good distortion its an awesome amp. youll find it way more powerful then 15 watts.
06.07.2008 - 04:04
MortalTheory
Account deleted
crates or line 6 spiders do the trick.
10.02.2011 - 23:34
Leliel
Line 6 Spider Valve ...
----
Look At Me ... I'm Alive !!!