Metal Storm logo
The Police [reunion tour in 2007]

08.01.2007 - 20:30
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Well well, maybe that some of you probably already know it but it seems that The Police will do a BIG tour this summer for a special anniversary.

Have a look on this news (from Billboard/Reuter, so of course, it's serrious...)

"Rumors are swirling that the Police will reunite for 2007 dates in England and the United States, which would be the rock trio's first since disbanding in 1986.

Sources told Billboard.com the reports -- in the British press -- were legitimate, but they would not publicly comment until final details are nearer to completion.

This year marks the 30th anniversary of the release of "Roxanne," the single that broke the Police in the United States. In a statement issued last month, A&M Records said, "It is our intention to mark the anniversary by doing something special with the band's catalog of songs. Needless to say, everyone is hopeful the band will support our plans and while early discussions have taken place, nothing has been decided."

Sources say in addition to DVD releases, A&M is planning another multi-disc collection in the vein of 1993's "Message in a Box," which featured the band's complete studio recordings and a handful of rarities.

A Police reunion has been the concert industry's dream for two decades, as it is believed the band could play stadiums internationally should it choose to reunite. But besides an impromptu set at Sting's 1992 wedding to Trudie Styler, the Police's only other post-breakup performance was in celebration of its 2003 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

And while Sting has repeatedly expressed reluctance at reuniting, drummer Stewart Copeland and guitarist Andy Summers have kept the flame alive. This summer, Summers told Billboard he was certain the group could have continued past its 1983 commercial peak with "Synchronicity."

"The more rational approach would have been, 'OK, Sting, go make a solo record, and let's get back together in two or three years,"' he said. "I'm certain we could have done that. Of course we could have. We were definitely not in a creative dry space. We could have easily carried on, and we could probably still be there. That wasn't to be our fate. It went in another way. I regret we never paid it off with a last tour."

Jonathan Cohen - Billboard/Reuters"

Some other sources say that the dates shouldn't be only in USA and England (Barcelona is the list) and they should do a "Stadium" tour.

Please cross your fingers with me... I want to see this band live
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
10.01.2007 - 00:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Jeff on 08.01.2007 at 20:30

Please cross your fingers with me... I want to see this band live

Me too but I dout I will see them
I like band, realy like I had one tape ''best of'' and I like watching videos in vh1 in beat club, hope thay will recordet soem album too
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.01.2007 - 18:42
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
would be nice, but Sting will have to put his horribly overinflated ego away for a couple months for this to happen.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
11.01.2007 - 19:07
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Oh my God! They had better do some Canadian tour dates! If they don't, I won't be that angry...me thinks I'll go see them in the United States...
20.01.2007 - 13:23
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Who was the huge 'the police' fan on here?
31.01.2007 - 16:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by BitterCOld on 10.01.2007 at 18:42

would be nice, but Sting will have to put his horribly overinflated ego away for a couple months for this to happen.

Totally agreed. And whne on stage DONT play solo songs, and DON'T preach about the rain forests etc. Only then there's a chance of it being remotely memorable.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996