Metal Storm logo
Therapy?

20.05.2006 - 12:21
Thryce
Retired Staff
Since the previous Therapy? thread was featered in the Alternative Metal Forum, I'll just stick to that decision.

Therapy? actually is a (heavy) metal /rock band from Northern Ireland, founded in 1989 but first single (Meat Abstract), first UK tour and first recording contract were only a fact in 1990.

The current line up is Andrew "Andy" Cairnes on guitar and vocals, Neil Cooper on drums and Michael McKeegan on bass. The band is a trio again since Martin McCarrick left in 2004 (after the release of 'High Anxiety')

Their most known and best album probably is 'Troublegum' (1994). They also have a compilation 'So Much For The Ten Year Plan - A Retrospective 1990-2000'. But I'm sure everybody knows Therapy? of course by the song 'Diane', which is actually a terrific cover version of the Hüsker Dü classic.

A few weeks ago (April24) they released their eleventh (!) studio album 'One Cure Fits All' and I glady refer to jupitreas' review of the album here.
With this album Therapy? turned back to their roots with a lot of references to their nineties sound of Troublegum (just compare 'Deluded Son', 'Dopmamine, Seratonin and Adrenaline' and 'Rain Hits Concrete' with 'Nowhere', Stories' and 'Die Laughing') and Infernal Love ('Walk Through Darkness').
To me 'One Cure Fits All' is definitely their most mature album with a lot of catchy songs, nice and very decent lyrics and great Neil Cooper drumming ('Private Nobody')! My favourite songs are 'Deluded Son', Dopmamine, Seratonin and Adrenaline' and 'Unconsoled' but the album contains a lot more of great songs.

Also check out their website http://www.therapyquestionmark.co.uk where you can find a detailed discography, tour dates and a lot of video and audio material!!
----
Your favorite band sucks.
20.05.2006 - 12:40
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
I wrote that review, not Promonex...
20.05.2006 - 12:51
Thryce
Retired Staff
Shit, I realized ... Sorry man !!
Nonetheless you did a great job
----
02.06.2006 - 17:07
Thryce
Retired Staff
So I noticed Therapy? is now officially to be called a dignified featered band on MS! That's great.
I don't know who has realised this, but thank you anyway!

Some upcoming Therapy? tour dates :

Sunday, Jun 4th - Spring & Airbrake - Belfast, UK
Friday, Jun 9th - Download Festival (RDS Arena) - Dublin, Ireland
Saturday, Jun 10th - Ephebia Festival - Terni, Italy
Saturday, Jun 17th - Greenfield Festival - Interlaken, Switzerland
Saturday, Jul 8th - Decibulles - St Neuve Eglise, France
Wednesday, Jul 12th - Theatre de Verdure - Nice, France
Friday, Jul 28th - Octopus Rock Festival - Nivel, Belgium
Saturday, Jul 29th - Suikerrock - Tienen, Belgium
Friday, Aug 4th - Lokerse Feesten - Lokeren, Belgium
Saturday, Aug 5th - Gosforth Park Race Course - Newcastle, UK
Wednesday, Aug 9th - Sziget Festival - Obudai Island, Hungary
Saturday, Aug 26th - Picture On Festival - Graz, Austria

Three tour dates in Belgium and possibly thrice without me (since I leave to France Friday)...
----
03.06.2006 - 12:53
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
BTW - Therapy? IS alternative metal. They are as representative of the style as can be.
19.08.2006 - 18:08
Thryce
Retired Staff
Therapy? have updated their European tour schedule for the fall. It is as follows :

August
26 - Picture On Festival in Bildein, Austria

September
08 - Soundwave Beach Festival in Skopje, Macedonia
16 - Leffinge Leuren Festival in Leffinge, Belgium
23 - Lost Playground/Alexandra Palace in London, UK
29 - Froggle Rock Festival in Verneuil sur Avre, France
30 - Festival Polyrock in Landerneau, France

October
01 - Le Forum in Vauréal, France
02 - La Maroquinerie in Paris, France
04 - Le Reservoir in Périgueux, France
05 - l'Atabal in Biarritz, France
06 - Le Cri'art in Auch, France
07 - Lo Bolegason in Castres, France
10 - Villeurbanne - CCO in Lyon, France
11 - Big Band Café in Caen, France
13 - La Laiterie in Strasbourg, France
14 - Gymnase Christian Gand in Montivilliers, France (with New Model Army)
31 - Point Depot in Dublin, Ireland

Therapy? will be recording an exclusive show in a studio, which will be available for download around the end of that month.

You are invited to vote for the three songs you would most like to see performed. The 12 songs with the most votes will then be recorded.

The performance will be available to download as audio and video. Tracks will be available to buy individually, or as a full set. People buying the full set will receive an exclusive CD/DVD sleeve by post, signed by the band.

To register your votes, click here. You can vote until September 8th. The final set list will be published around September 11th.

(Web site : http://www.therapyquestionmark.co.uk)

Chances are big that I'll go to Leffinge Leuren Festival
----
20.08.2006 - 03:52
Vintervarg
Account deleted
Therapy? are coming to my town Skopje on 08.09. I'm looking forward to see them, even if I'm not a fan. :-)
07.10.2006 - 14:07
Thryce
Retired Staff
Therapy? Update:

The following Therapy? update has been issued via the band's official website:

"The tour of France is going well so far and Therapy? are certainly making the most of their time there. Paris' biggest rock radio station Oui FM have recorded an interview with the band and a 4-track live session, including a track from the latest album, One Cure Fits All and the classic b-side 'Evil Elvis'. This will be broadcast in October on the show Guerilla Radio (Sunday nights) - the website is http://http://www.ouifm.fr.

The band will be playing acoustic live on Scoop Radio in Lyon on the 9th of October between 20:00 and 21:00. This will be a great warm up before their show at Villeurbanne on the 10th. Listen on 92.00FM.

On the 11th, the band will be playing live on Radio 666 in Caen prior to their show at the Big Band Cafe, and on the 13th the band will be live on the Europe 2 radio station at around 13:00.

And (since their schedule isn't busy at all!), Therapy? will also be doing plenty of interviews for magazines, websites and local press. We will keep you posted."

Remaining dates on the band's tour are as follows:

October
07 - Lo Bolegason in Castres, France
10 - Villeurbanne - CCO in Lyon, France
11 - Big Band Café in Caen, France
13 - La Laiterie in Strasbourg, France
14 - Gymnase Christian Gand in Montivilliers, France (with NEW MODEL ARMY)
31 - Point Depot in Dublin, Ireland

(Source: http://www.therapyquestionmark.co.uk)
----
13.10.2006 - 14:17
Vidrageon
Account deleted
I love Therapy?, such a great, brilliant band, but I've always considered them pure rock, hmmm :>
06.04.2007 - 16:24
APOHAKC
The Bard
I am going to see them live in few days, anyone do it before?
Is it worthy 25 euros?
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
06.04.2007 - 17:05
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by APOHAKC on 06.04.2007 at 16:24

I am going to see them live in few days, anyone do it before?
Is it worthy 25 euros?

Go to http://www.fabchannel.com. Then write down "Therapy?" into the searchbox. Then you'll find two live concerts from them performing at the Melkweg at Amsterdam (The Netherlands), so you can see for yourself.

I saw them already live two times. And I can assure you, if you like the music they're making, you'll definitely are going to like them live too! They have a pretty solid live reputation. And also a nice and decent interaction with the crowd, not exaggerated, but not icecold neither.

So if you want my opinion: if you can afford the ?25, I'd say you should go see them. (And let me know how it went).
If you don't know Therapy? that well yet, you have my link now to prepare yourself.
----
06.04.2007 - 18:08
APOHAKC
The Bard
Thanx man, I'll do that
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!