Metal Storm logo
Eluveitie - Replacement For Meri Announced

Eluveitie recently announced that fiddler Meri Tadic is leaving the band and today you get to see who will be replacing her. It is Nicole Ansperger of Haggard fame. Nicole will join the band on stage for the first time at the upcoming Eluveitie & Friends festival to play an exclusively premiere for this show, a brand new song from Eluveitie's next album.

The band introduced her: "As hard as farewells can be, as auspicious are new beginnings! We are thrilled to introduce to you Meri's successor. We consider ourselves lucky to have found a true master of Celtic Folk fiddling! A full-blooded musician and violin player through and through, she has played countless shows over many years and also worked as a session musician with many well-known acts (such as The Hooters, for instance). During the last ten years she further made a name for herself with her engagement with the Irish folk rock bands Paddy Goes To Holyhead and Across The Border, but also the renowned medieval/classical metal act Haggard. Not only a virtuoso of the fiddle, she also plays the 7-stringed violin as well as the cello! So, ladies and gentlemen - please welcome to the Eluveitie camp: Nicole Ansperger!"

Nicole comments: "Dear Eluveitie fans, I am absolutely delighted to be Eluveitie's new violin player. I love Eluveitie's music and have been a fan myself for a long time. Is there anything better than getting to play for the band you love? I am looking forward to many sweat-inducing, incredible shows with you and the band. See you on stage!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Eluveitie
Posted: 11.12.2013 by /Marius

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 136 users
11.12.2013 - 19:48
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Nice.
11.12.2013 - 19:50
Migtanteot

..It could work.
11.12.2013 - 19:57
Hallford9000

Sweet-inducing? so gay...
11.12.2013 - 20:50
Neroese
Account deleted
She looks a bit like Tami Erin.
12.12.2013 - 01:25
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Written by Migtanteot on 11.12.2013 at 19:50

..It could work.

exactly.
----
12.12.2013 - 06:38
Jiri

Nicole Asperger?
12.12.2013 - 18:03
beerweed

23.01.2014 - 22:39
Achilles'_Rage

As long as she can play Havoc, and I have little doubt that she can. Haggard is an awesome act, full of really talented musicians. We're in safe hands with her.

Hits total: 2395 | This month: 4