Metal Storm logo
New Album Recommendations 2014

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 23.12.2013 - 21:28
Wedard
wolves in the throne room

not sure of any others at the moment, you ?
03.09.2014 - 19:46
Urs Blank
Quote:
Written by The Turbanator on 02.09.2014 at 23:43

Another black metal band from Iceland

BANDCAMP

Nice one

Atmospheric Black Metal /Folk from Russia

BANDCAMP
03.09.2014 - 23:24
Fearmeister
Account deleted
New black metal from Sweden

Also, does The Turbanator even read this thread? He posts a lot of stuff that has been posted before.
05.09.2014 - 05:23
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Guest on 03.09.2014 at 23:24
Also, does The Turbanator even read this thread? He posts a lot of stuff that has been posted before.

I think he's more like a staccato suggester of sorts. Doesn't spend much time lurking the forums but informs others of his finds.

Might repeat a few here and there but some of them are from several pages back so no harm done.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
05.09.2014 - 18:44
The Turbanator
Written by Guest on 03.09.2014 at 23:24

Also, does The Turbanator even read this thread?

Nope. don't like reading.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
05.09.2014 - 19:44
Urs Blank
Decent Technical Death Metal from Australia

05.09.2014 - 19:49
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Nice art.
07.09.2014 - 01:01
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Urs Blank on 03.09.2014 at 19:46

Atmospheric Black Metal /Folk from Russia

First song was freaking good, then it turned pretty slow. (up until now at least)
Gotta hear it until the end I guess
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
07.09.2014 - 22:57
Fearmeister
Account deleted
The fact that this band is so little known makes me sad. Definitely one of the best of the Polish DM scene.

08.09.2014 - 11:00
The Turbanator
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
08.09.2014 - 11:01
The Turbanator
----
08.09.2014 - 11:02
The Turbanator
----
08.09.2014 - 11:04
The Turbanator
----
08.09.2014 - 11:06
The Turbanator
----
08.09.2014 - 11:08
The Turbanator
----
08.09.2014 - 11:10
The Turbanator
----
08.09.2014 - 11:13
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Hi, I can't go over all of the pages on this thread, but would anyone please suggest me some of the essentials of 2014 ? I totally lost the track of following 2014 releases.
----
The Fangirl.
08.09.2014 - 11:30
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by angel. on 08.09.2014 at 11:13

Hi, I can't go over all of the pages on this thread, but would anyone please suggest me some of the essentials of 2014 ? I totally lost the track of following 2014 releases.

My personal album of the year so far is Of Wings Unfolding by Skein, an unknown Finnish band who basically came out of nowhere for me. There's a very good chance you'll like the record, here's a Bandcamp link. Extance by Aenaon is also a good one.
08.09.2014 - 11:35
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Risto on 08.09.2014 at 11:30

My personal album of the year so far is Of Wings Unfolding by Skein, an unknown Finnish band who basically came out of nowhere for me. There's a very good chance you'll like the record, here's a Bandcamp link. Extance by Aenaon is also a good one.

Thanks, I'm listening to it.
----
The Fangirl.
08.09.2014 - 19:57
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Someone has been really naughty (looking at you Jooe), we got two Jute Gytes this year!

Bandcamp
08.09.2014 - 20:03
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

I need to listen to that though.
08.09.2014 - 20:49
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Meh... I listened to Jute Gyte before it was mainstream u.u
----
- Reimu Hakurei
08.09.2014 - 21:50
Fearmeister
Account deleted
It still isn't cool or it would be on the website now
08.09.2014 - 22:20
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Well, more than 3 people know them for now, so... :3
----
- Reimu Hakurei
08.09.2014 - 22:40
Ilham
Giant robot
Artworks by Van Eyck, Valesquez and Christus. I'm more than intrigued by the tags. Care to tell me more about those people or is the Jute Gyte closed already?
08.09.2014 - 23:15
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Ilham on 08.09.2014 at 22:40

Artworks by Van Eyck, Valesquez and Christus. I'm more than intrigued by the tags. Care to tell me more about those people or is the Jute Gyte closed already?

A song is worth more than words. Anyway, the "microtonal" tag seems to refer to the fact that his guitar makes twice as notes as it would be possible on a normal one, even an average joe like me who don't understand anything about guitars can tell the difference while hearing the riffs. But if you browse his bandcamp there are probably better explanations
----
- Reimu Hakurei
09.09.2014 - 12:19
The Turbanator
----
09.09.2014 - 23:52
mz
Written by R'Vannith on 03.09.2014 at 14:24

They sound a lot like krautrock to me. Their debut was fairly derivative of Horseback, these new tracks much less so. Sounds promising, thanks!

I'm not familiar with their previous album(s?). Moreover, I know a little about Horseback and have forgotten their sound. All I can say now is that this new BLOOD BRIGHT STAR is one of the best things I've heard this year. At some points, it reminds me of virus, which is always a plus.
Also, cheers
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
10.09.2014 - 12:43
R'Vannith
ghedengi
elite
Written by mz on 09.09.2014 at 23:52

I'm not familiar with their previous album(s?). Moreover, I know a little about Horseback and have forgotten their sound. All I can say now is that this new BLOOD BRIGHT STAR is one of the best things I've heard this year. At some points, it reminds me of virus, which is always a plus.
Also, cheers

To my knowledge they have just the debut album ("Solar Infinite" it's called) before this new one. Whole lot of Horseback sounding stuff and a strange kind of krautrock, I remember it's broken up by some weird droning spoken word interludes.

Anyway, the new one's out already? I definitely need to look into it then, thanks for letting me know.
10.09.2014 - 15:38
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Karlabos on 08.09.2014 at 23:15

A song is worth more than words. Anyway, the "microtonal" tag seems to refer to the fact that his guitar makes twice as notes as it would be possible on a normal one, even an average joe like me who don't understand anything about guitars can tell the difference while hearing the riffs. But if you browse his bandcamp there are probably better explanations

Blut aus Nord did microtonal before it was cool -_-

And stop calling me average.
10.09.2014 - 15:46
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Guest on 10.09.2014 at 15:38

Blut aus Nord did microtonal before it was cool -_-

Now that you mention it I went searching for it and realized there are lotsa bands that use microtonal (screw that, Jute Gyte isn't experimental anymore, ima throw away my collection)
Well the use here seems stronger... I can tell the difference when on Jute Gyte's songs though. While I can't on BAN for instance. (Or maybe BAN used microtonal on songs i never listened to, i dunno)
Written by Guest on 10.09.2014 at 15:38

And stop calling me average.

Oh..
----
- Reimu Hakurei