Metal Storm logo
Iron Fire - To Begin Recording New Album

If you were hoping for a new Iron Fire album after Voyage Of The Damned, your wish has been granted. The band's break is over and the recordings for the new album Inferno will begin in a few weeks. And the power metal band even released a teaser for it today. You can watch it below and get excited! Also, bassist Martin Lund has left the band, which will continue as a three-piece with Martin Steene handling bass duties.

The band had the following to say: "The break is over... Happy new year Iron Heads, good news our break is over and we start to record the follow up to Voyage Of The Damned in about 2 weeks. We have chosen to stick to our guns and do what we feel is the right way for Iron Fire to go. The new album will be called Inferno and it will be a theme album based on the classic book The Divine Comedy aka Dante's Inferno. It's gonna be our most dark and heavy album to date, and we are gonna showcase a lot of new elements to our sound. We are still and will always be Power Metal but that will not keep us from evolving our music. Iron Fire music comes from the heart and not what any record label or trend dictates."

"2 years in the rehearsal room has taken its toll on the band resulting in the departure of Martin Lund. We thank him for 8 great years and wish him the best of luck for the future. The bass will from now on be handled by Martin Steene."

Martin Steene says: "I've been playing bass for many years and being the soul song writer of Iron Fire I see this as the best solution, now I actually get to play and scream my own songs at the same time."

"We will continue as a 3 piece and work our asses of in 2014 to create the ultimate Power Metal assault for all of you. It's a new year, a new chapter and there is a new beast on the way. Stay tuned."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Iron Fire
Posted: 02.01.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 14 users
04.01.2014 - 04:57
DragonSavior X10

This year keeps looking better and better.

Hits total: 3248 | This month: 6