Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Performing At Grammy Awards With Pianist Lang Lang

Metallica have been invited to perform at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards on January 26th. The group's Through The Never soundtrack is nominated for Best Recording Package and Metallica will be performing with Chinese pianist Lang Lang. They promise this will be a special performance. The Americans haven't performed in the Grammy Awards since 1992.

Metallica posted this message about it: "Happy New Year! We are psyched to be kicking off 2014 with a return to the 56th Annual Grammy Awards on Sunday, January 26. We'll be celebrating the 25th anniversary of being the first hard rock band to ever perform on the show and it will be our first visit to the Grammy stage since 1992.

"This will be one of the most unique performances of our career as we will be joined by renowned concert pianist Lang Lang, who has played on stages all over the world including the opening ceremonies at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, a White House state dinner, World Cup ceremonies, and the Nobel Prize concert in Stockholm, among many other acclaimed appearances.

"We are also very proud that the Through The Never soundtrack has been nominated for a Grammy for Best Recording Package and we're hoping for another win for our friends from Turner Duckworth, who also designed the Death Magnetic art and took home the mini gramophone in 2009."

"Best Metal Performance" category nominees:

• Anthrax: T.N.T. (from the covers album Anthems)
  • Black Sabbath: God Is Dead? (from the album 13)
  • Dream Theater: The Enemy Inside (from the album Dream Theater)
  • Killswitch Engage: In Due Time (from the album Disarm The Descent)
  • Volbeat featuring King Diamond: Room 24 (from the album Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies)

Source: metallica.com
    Band profile: Metallica
  • Posted: 07.01.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 5   Visited by: 83 users
    08.01.2014 - 07:22
    Crème fraiche
    PSYDUCK. ;(
    08.01.2014 - 11:18
    -DC-002-
    Mastercommander
    Wow, those are some strong nominations.
    ----
    Coldgrits
    08.01.2014 - 20:03
    Hellcult
    Rubish!!!!
    ----
    And I see the blade fall down upon the head of lord in heaven
    And Darkness falls upon the end of history
    While I drink the milk of the Black Goddess and cry over the mankind

Black Moses is my name...
    09.01.2014 - 05:18
    snake? snaaaake!
    Account deleted
    Heres hoping kanye west turns up to say something along the lines of : '' Imma let you finish metallica, but Impaled nazarene is the best band ever".
    09.01.2014 - 05:22
    Troy Killjoy
    perfunctionist
    staff
    Written by Guest on 09.01.2014 at 05:18
    Heres hoping kanye west turns up to say something along the lines of : '' Imma let you finish metallica, but Impaled nazarene is the best band ever:.

Being interrupted by Megadave is far more likely to happen I think.
    ----
    "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Hits total: 2373 | This month: 4