Metal Storm logo
Sabaton - New Album Alternate Artwork Unveiled

Not content with recently revealing the cover that will grace their new album Heroes, today the Swedes Sabaton have unveiled the alternate cover art to be featured in some editions. The band also did alternate covers for their latest album Carolus Rex and Swedish Empire Live. Check out the cover below. Which one do you prefer?

Come May 16th, 2014, you can get your hands on their new output.

The band posted this message as well: "Hi everyone, and many thanks for the huge response on our new album artwork made by: Sallai Péter. Just like Carolus Rex and Swedish Empire Live our new album Heroes will have an alternate artwork for some editions. Here it is, what do you think?"

Alternate cover

Standard cover

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Sabaton
Posted: 10.01.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 209 users
10.01.2014 - 20:25
WarriorFenix
Well thats alot better than the original version (which was ruined by the 2 soldiers). This alternate is much more Sabaton like.
10.01.2014 - 20:35
Bananatron
The alternate looks a lot better imo
10.01.2014 - 20:48
FeskarN
Yeah, totally agree. This alternate looks so much better.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
10.01.2014 - 21:12
Mattybu
Alternate is definitely the better of the two. And among the better of all Sabaton covers, I might add.
11.01.2014 - 01:17
Alternative pleeeeez.
----
Follow your heart, not trends.
11.01.2014 - 03:07
Rulatore
That's some artwork. Best one in a long time.
11.01.2014 - 10:59
Spacerunner
THIS one.
11.01.2014 - 11:33
hoegaarden
US, UK, Norway, Brazil (!!?), Russia, Hungary (!!?), Japan, and....?
11.01.2014 - 14:43
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by hoegaarden on 11.01.2014 at 11:33

US, UK, Norway, Brazil (!!?), Russia, Hungary (!!?), Japan, and....?

Looks like Italy, The Netherlands, actually it isn't very clear. And definitely Brazilian flag.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
11.01.2014 - 15:47
blackmat
The alternate is way better then the original.
11.01.2014 - 17:44
Sostoa
Much better the alternate. No doubt about it.

I would say it's Russia, Italy, Japan and France.
11.01.2014 - 18:24
R Lewis
Who the FUCK doesn't recognize the Italian flag?
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
11.01.2014 - 19:23
The alternative cover is awesome indeed, but I don't get the logic of the flags. If it's the WWII Allies (the only reason I could find to fit brazilian's flag there) so why are Japan and Italy there too?
11.01.2014 - 21:16
hoegaarden
Written by R Lewis on 11.01.2014 at 18:24

Who the FUCK doesn't recognize the Italian flag?

There is no Italian flag in this image. The Italian flag has verical stripes. If you lay something which is vertical on its side, it becomes horizontal. If you lay something which is horizontal (such as the stripes of the Hungarian flag) on its side, it becomes vertical. I was just wondering what the criteria were for the selection of the 8 flags. It seems to me to have more to do with marketing rather than established opinion on which countries have fought in the past with exceptional heroism (hence my excalamation marks for Brazil and Hungary, but I should perhaps have added some for Norway...). Or, maybe we just needed some green for artistic reasons, and I can't think of a country commonly associated with heroism which has green in its flag... Italy would probably not have been an improvement with regards to this...
11.01.2014 - 21:22
R Lewis
Written by hoegaarden on 11.01.2014 at 21:16

There is no Italian flag in this image. The Italian flag has verical stripes. If you lay something which is vertical on its side, it becomes horizontal. If you lay something which is horizontal (such as the stripes of the Hungarian flag) on its side, it becomes vertical. I was just wondering what the criteria were for the selection of the 8 flags. It seems to me to have more to do with marketing rather than established opinion on which countries have fought in the past with exceptional heroism (hence my excalamation marks for Brazil and Hungary, but I should perhaps have added some for Norway...). Or, maybe we just needed some green for artistic reasons, and I can't think of a country commonly associated with heroism which has green in its flag... Italy would probably not have been an improvement with regards to this...

I was thinking about it - about Hungary, not about all the other stuff - and was about to edit the message when Internet started being a bitch
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
12.01.2014 - 04:01
Lião
Account deleted
Standard cover is better, IMO.
14.01.2014 - 11:20
Sostoa
Maybe the reason of choosing the flags depends on the songs. If the work is about heroes, I would say we should try to find a hero for each country... although it gets hard in some cases.
14.04.2014 - 10:26
hoegaarden
Interesting changes in the flags depicted in the final (?) version.... Gone are Britain, Japan, Norway, Hungary and Russia, and in come Belgium, Poland, Australia, The Czech Republic (or Czechoslovakia) and two unidentifiable red flags... The 2 that remain represent the US and Brazil. Obviously the matter is troubling Sabaton's marketing managers!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Heroes-Sabaton/dp/B00ISYLDS8/ref=pd_bxgy_m_h__img_z

Hits total: 3872 | This month: 9