Metal Storm logo
Draconian

Original post

Posted by Elfeder, 20.05.2006 - 13:41
This band has the most depressive kyrics ever ...and when they come with their slow and atmospheric doom melodies it makes a unique feelings ...this band is one of the best bands I heared ever they are so great !!!
I can't wait for their new album...I am sure they can make more from their last to albums... when lovers mourn is great, Arcane rain fell is little worst but also good.
12.12.2009 - 20:02
Zuzuz0r

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.12.2009 at 19:53

Written by Azhidahak on 12.12.2009 at 19:04

I cant find anything special with this band, really boring IMO.

It seems we're in total agreement here.
I prfer the Doom: VS project to ANYTHING done by Draconian. And live Draconian was quite bad as well (and then I am being polite) just read my Madrid IOs The Dark Fest review on them.

Yeah, Doom:VS is nice, indeed I listened first to Doom:VS than Draconian, then I gave Draconian a try, and they weren't bad, but they didn't got me interested in their music as Doom:VS did.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
13.12.2009 - 02:31
Azhidahak
Doom Metal Eliti

I prfer the Doom: VS project to ANYTHING done by Draconian. And live Draconian was quite bad as well (and then I am being polite) just read my Madrid IOs The Dark Fest review on them.

I agree with you that Doom: VS is better than ANYTHING done by Draconian. BUT, I dont consider Doom: VS to be all that great either. Ive only heard Aeternum Vale though and to me it was a mediocre album. But yet, way better than anything done by Draconian like you say.
----
13.12.2009 - 07:39
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Sorry guys, but as much as I think Doom:VS's 2008 album is a good one, it continues to pale in comparison to Draconian's 2008 release. "Turning Season Within" is drastically more dynamic, and the lyrics move from just being good to poetic. And, thankfully it's moved toward the gothic realm where the band sounds more natural, and where they display the most original parts of their songs.

To me, what opens up "Turning Season Within" is the lyrics, and without bothering to listen to them, or if they are not appealing to you, then the songs can be lost on a listener. If I approach Draconian as a doom band, I find them to be too soft, but if I approach them as a gothic band, I find them compelling and full of internal drama, particularly on their 2008 disc. On their older releases, it's more doom, and to me, more derivative and less interesting.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
14.12.2009 - 23:43
Janne
Hugin
Do you know anything about a new album? they had a single last year..
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
15.12.2009 - 00:14
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by Janne on 14.12.2009 at 23:43

Do you mean the single, "No Greater Sorrow"? As far as I know, that was really an additional track for "Turning Season Within" that instead was turned into a download only track. It feels more like older material from my impression, but that's all. The production is weaker to me, but that's likely because of the amazon.com encoding as much as it could be from a lesser studio quality.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
15.12.2009 - 00:24
Janne
Hugin
Written by Jason W. on 15.12.2009 at 00:14

Written by Janne on 14.12.2009 at 23:43

Do you mean the single, "No Greater Sorrow"? As far as I know, that was really an additional track for "Turning Season Within" that instead was turned into a download only track. It feels more like older material from my impression, but that's all. The production is weaker to me, but that's likely because of the amazon.com encoding as much as it could be from a lesser studio quality.

ah yeah i meant that. so that was a single single.. anyway i'm really lookinkg forward to some new stuff!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
15.12.2009 - 00:36
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by Janne on 15.12.2009 at 00:24

ah yeah i meant that. so that was a single single.. anyway i'm really lookinkg forward to some new stuff!

Yes, I'm curious to see which directions they will take on the next CD, as they have put different levels of doom and of gothic on each release... Here is a post from the myspace page, from just last week:

"We are aware things has been silent for a while, and that the possible developement of the bands' progress has been kept from the limelight. There hasn't been much to tell really. Things has been standing still for a while due to different aspects and circumstances, which I guess, in after-thought, was necessary. Now, however, we are about to rise from the half-light.

We are currently working quite diligently for Draconian to enter the second decade of this new millenium with a boost. Already, things are happening and we are doing our very best to follow up on everything we need in order for the band to stay in peoples hearts. You can expect us to ring out loud for the year to come.

More to follow."

Seems 2010 will at least answer when we will hear something new
----
15.12.2009 - 12:02
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Jason W. on 15.12.2009 at 00:36

Written by Janne on 15.12.2009 at 00:24

Yes, I'm curious to see which directions they will take on the next CD, as they have put different levels of doom and of gothic on each release... Here is a post from the myspace page, from just last week:

"We are aware things has been silent for a while, and that the possible developement of the bands' progress has been kept from the limelight. There hasn't been much to tell really. Things has been standing still for a while due to different aspects and circumstances, which I guess, in after-thought, was necessary. Now, however, we are about to rise from the half-light.

We are currently working quite diligently for Draconian to enter the second decade of this new millenium with a boost. Already, things are happening and we are doing our very best to follow up on everything we need in order for the band to stay in peoples hearts. You can expect us to ring out loud for the year to come.

More to follow."

Seems 2010 will at least answer when we will hear something new

That is realy good to hear
will be waitning for this release
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
15.12.2009 - 20:48
Janne
Hugin
Oh thanks! that's great to hear
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
07.06.2010 - 19:06
Behdaad
DEAD

Well I'm not agree with you.
Maybe Draconian is the best band I've ever heard-at least in Gothic doom.
You should listen to Arcane Rain Fell and read the lyrics to see how good and Doom they are.
And The Burning Halo was a Doom one, too.
Turning Season Within is a decent Gothic one.

About the live performances:
Maybe they're not a "live band" but they're live performances is not that bad. It's in the middle.
----
As tyranny becomes normality;
We hang at the end of the rope.
10.07.2010 - 16:04
Behdaad
DEAD
Any news from the new album?
----
20.07.2010 - 00:55
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Behdaad on 10.07.2010 at 16:04

I think nothing will be released this year , they said they are working on some new material so it might take a year or so
----
is not bold enough
21.07.2010 - 00:05
Behdaad
DEAD
Written by InnerSelf on 20.07.2010 at 00:55

I think nothing will be released this year , they said they are working on some new material so it might take a year or so

http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=10470

Quote:
You can expect us to ring out loud for the year to come.

"The year to come" means 2010 I think, doesn't it? At least I hope so!
----
21.07.2010 - 23:15
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Behdaad on 21.07.2010 at 00:05

Written by InnerSelf on 20.07.2010 at 00:55

http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=10470

Quote:
You can expect us to ring out loud for the year to come.

"The year to come" means 2010 I think, doesn't it? At least I hope so!

I know this news ...... all I meant that I am not epecting them to finish the album this year "though I really want to hear some new stuff"
----
is not bold enough
20.11.2019 - 18:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.12.2019 - 11:26
jorjo

Heard them, love them
24.04.2020 - 09:52
The Melting Snow

Interesting thread. would be interesting to know what the old folk think of the band now after some more albums
24.04.2020 - 17:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by The Melting Snow on 24.04.2020 at 09:52

Interesting thread. would be interesting to know what the old folk think of the band now after some more albums

Its good specially latest, Heike nailed it, I hope Anders will Let her sing more
----

apos;'
[image]
14.06.2020 - 22:54
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by The Melting Snow on 24.04.2020 at 09:52

would be interesting to know what the old folk think of the band now after some more albums

I'm still holding their first first three albums in high regard, but I guess that a good share of the initial buzz is merely nourished by nostalgia now. However, in my opinion Turning Season Within has set the beginning of a yet uninterrupted series of disenchantments and somehow the old magic is gone ever since.

I'd still call Seasons and Sovran good albums, but that's about it.
And I honestly can't remember a single note of A Rose For The Apocalypse eventhough I own a physical copy - and that is usually a very bad sign.
----
signatures = SPAM
01.03.2022 - 10:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
As our hearts go out in solidarity to the people of Ukraine in these troubling times we have decided to cancel our November dates in Russia until further notice.
Please, note this is not a boycott against Russia as such. We're well aware of the fact Russia’s atrocious military actions against Ukraine does not reflect on our fan-base and our partners, or the Russian people as a whole. Yet, taking into account the particulars and the overall uncertainty of the situation, this appears the best option as we move forward until things have deescalated.
We’ll always stand against war, oppression and authoritarianism.
We stand with Ukraine and its people.
Stay safe out there, brothers and sisters
Love,
DRACONIAN & team

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=493982802089183&set=a.272930647527734
----

apos;'
[image]
06.05.2022 - 16:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
DRACONIAN live 2022:
07.05.22 NO – Kopervik / Karmøygeddon Metal Festival (with Lisa only)
25.06.22 FR – Clisson / Hellfest (Heike's last show)
14.07.22 SE – Gävle / Gefle Metal Festival
22.07.22 SK – Revistske Podzamcie / Gothoom Festival
29.09.22 RO – Bucharest / Quantic Club
30.09.22 GR – Athens / Demons Gate Festival
01.10.22 BG – Sofia / Music Jam Club
----

apos;'
[image]