Metal Storm logo
Drudkh

20.05.2006 - 14:56
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
Heh, ok I did wait around to see if someone more worthy would make a thread about them but nope, looks like it's down to me.

Everyone's fave slavic black metal band (don't take literally). These guys are gaining some serious momentum. 4 highly praised full lengths in as many years, they're big business.

Playing a very unusual style and form of black metal they seem to focus more on nature and a warm, encompassing atmosphere that you would never expect to find in this genre. This band really don't need any introduction really, everyone knows 'em.

My personal fave albums are their first two, I much prefered the warmness and congenial approach on them concerning the actual music. 'Autumn Aurora' is my absolute fave. 'The Swan Road' was lost on me, as I suspect 'Blood In Our Wells' will be too when I get around to listening to it properly. The production on both was vastly different, giving the albums a different standpoint to the other two. Ceratinly not bad albums though.
20.05.2006 - 16:01
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Possibly my favourite Black Metal band. I totally bow before their first two albums, Forgotten Legends & Autumn Aurora, with the latter being a really special album for me. These two albums were just incredible but The Swan Road (though it holds it's own) for me was one of the biggest disappointments. Don't get me wrong, I do like the album, but I think it isn't even in the same galaxy as the first two.
Blood In Our Wells was a somewhat return of sorts to their original style IMO, but the production was akin to that of The Swan Road, which i'm yet to get completely accustomed to.

Anyhow, I just hope Drudkh keep releasing albums, preferably(for me), in the vein of the first two albums.
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
20.05.2006 - 16:04
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
Looks like we agree then

I think I still prefer Alcest's 'Le Secret' to Drudkh's work but we'll have to see...
20.05.2006 - 16:16
Vakshay
Account deleted
Yes, there are no denying the similarities to Alcest. Both bands are some of the most innovative blackmetal to arise in recent years (I recently sent a letter to Alcest matter of fact), both are stunning bands.
Unfortunately of Drudkh I only own 'Autumn Aurora', a terrific album with a stunning, brooding atmosphere that reminds me of the forest. However in hindsight I think I may have preferred 'Forgotten Legends', but no regrets, that comes next.
I too have heard the The Swan Road was a bit of a disappointment. Does Blood in our Wells follow on from that inconvenience, or return to a style more akin to the old albums?
20.05.2006 - 16:22
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Blood In Our Wells has traits of both the first two albums as well as The Swan Road. But overall, I felt it was a better album than it's predecessor.
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
20.05.2006 - 17:24
Götter
One thing bothers me with "Blood in our Wells", an otherwise great album - why did they fuck up the production so bad? "The Swan Road" was very well produced, and now this... Drudkh is the kind of black metal that is supposed to have at least a decent recording quality.
20.05.2006 - 19:41
Damnated
Churchburner
Very good band, I'm just getting in to them, my fav album would be Autumn Aurora. I'm simply amazed with this band's material, and with the thing that I didn't hear a bad album from them, although they released more then a debut album.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
20.05.2006 - 19:42
^Necrolust^

Written by CrypticMyth on 20.05.2006 at 16:01

Possibly my favourite Black Metal band. I totally bow before their first two albums, Forgotten Legends & Autumn Aurora, with the latter being a really special album for me. These two albums were just incredible but The Swan Road (though it holds it's own) for me was one of the biggest disappointments. Don't get me wrong, I do like the album, but I think it isn't even in the same galaxy as the first two.
Blood In Our Wells was a somewhat return of sorts to their original style IMO, but the production was akin to that of The Swan Road, which i'm yet to get completely accustomed to.

Anyhow, I just hope Drudkh keep releasing albums, preferably(for me), in the vein of the first two albums.

I totally agree.The first 2 albums are amazing,they sound like music combined with rain's sound..I loved them and I listen to them mostly in special moments or hours.The Swan Road was indeed not that perfect,but still ,a good album.
----
Sin my soul,blesses with fire....
21.05.2006 - 07:07
KryptoN
imperceptible
Great stuff to listen to at night / sunrise. The multidimensional atmosphere is just breathtaking and I'm pretty much at loss for words. Everything is combined in the essence: horror, warmth, coldness, despair, relief, pain, joy, anger and so on, the list goes on forever. Yes, one of my favourite bands of all time. I think Autumn Aurora is my favourite while Forgotten Legends and Blood In Our Wells come very close behind. There's just something weird with The Swan Road that I don't like. It's still a decent album but it has some component that (this is a harsh way to say it, but:) destroys it.

Altogether, a damn good band.
21.05.2006 - 15:27
Ace
Account deleted
Among my very preffered black metal bands. I really love all their releases so far. I don't get why people dislike "the swan road"...sure it has less "nature" atmosphere, but it's a good thing that they aren't playing the same combination over and over again.

I honeslty haven't listened too often to "blood in our wells" (don't ask me why), but it's another fantastic relase. The production isn't too bad, but imo, it's just too thick.

Oh, and Drudkh plan on releasing another album this year with 2 cds, one beeing folk, and the other black metal. Sounds interesting.
22.05.2006 - 02:14
Daniell
_爱情_
Definitely one of my favourite black metal bands. their whole discography is pretty flawless, but two first albums are slightly superior to two last ones. I absulotely love "Autumn Aurora", although my favourite track is "False Dawn" from "Forgotten Legends". I've heard hundreds of black metal bands, but no other band is able to create such an amazing mixture of atmosphere and warmth. I even coined my own name for Drudkh's style, I call it "sylvan black metal", because it makes me feel like I'm walking through a vast, ancient forest where no man has set foot before me.
22.05.2006 - 06:30
Valar
IndianSteel
Yeah Drudkh are one of my fav Black Metal band too and like mnay Autumn Aurora is my fav album but there latest release Blood In Our Wells was damn awesome too and would easily be the second best album of Drudkh, didnt like Swan Road much
Drudkh's music is damn awesome the atmosphere created by there music is spellbinding and kinda depressive IMO. Great Black Metal!!!!
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
23.05.2006 - 17:53
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Reading all this, I have decided to buy Autumn Aurora soon. I just refuse to download some stuff, I have the feeling I should reallyu listen to this on CD.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
24.05.2006 - 13:24
Priest Of Hex
Account deleted
I've known of Drudkh for a while but I haven't yet heard anything from them, a shame I know because the albums really interest me from what I've read on them. So, any suggestions on which album would be a good start?
24.05.2006 - 13:39
Valar
IndianSteel
^^Autumn Aurora defn the best Drudkh album and one of my fav Black Metal albums too....
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
24.05.2006 - 16:51
Terrorist
Account deleted
I don't really agree with the first post when he says that they play a unique style, as I consider them VERY similar to Burzum.

They are certainly among the best in nowadays Black Metal... I really like the hypnotic atmosphere they make.
24.05.2006 - 17:14
Ace
Account deleted
I don't. They're just slightly inspirated from Burzum's hvis lyset tar oss.
24.05.2006 - 19:02
mvikred

amazing band ... love their album autumn aurora ... and their recent release blood in our wells.... though ive heard all of their albums, these 2 remain to be my fav , the former being the best IMO \m/
----
I'm addicted to Technical Death Metal ... Somebody save me
04.06.2006 - 19:47
Basso
Account deleted
before Drudkh. Fuckin amazing band, the immense and cozy atmosphere this band creates is incredible. Really good band that everyone with good music taste should check out.
04.06.2006 - 20:19
Southern Wind
Account deleted
"Blood In Our Wells" is a damn good album... at first I didn't really like the idea of a "back to the roots" because I confess that my favourite Drudkh release is "The Swan Road", but after many listens I had learned to REALLY enjoy this shit... very bewitching, long songs and with an underdeveloped production that is actually perfect for the music.
05.06.2006 - 03:53
mvikred

i have to agree , that swan road had better production, which basically killed that raw feel in drudkh's music and 'blood in our wells' got it back. there has not been a single album of drudkh that i dint like ... right from autumn aurora to blood in our wells. they do have a mind for some really 'suicidal' music
----
I'm addicted to Technical Death Metal ... Somebody save me
07.06.2006 - 02:45
Toologistic
Account deleted
I love every songle cd by them, but my favorite is AA-
07.06.2006 - 11:51
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
It was a tough call for the 2005 Metalstorm awards between Deathspell Omega-Kenose, Drudkh-Swan Road and Satanic Warmaster-Carelian Satanist Madness but i gave my vote to The Swan Road. This was just one of those "2005 masterpieces" in my opinion (having not heard the older/newer releases until after hearing this) and have come to love all their releases now, regardless of production etc.
15.06.2006 - 16:17
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I bought Autumn Aurora today and I love it. It is real good, though I feel I have to grow towards it a bit more.. Anyway, we'll see.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
16.06.2006 - 18:11
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Well, I gotta say I like it more. It is very good. I love it!
----

23.06.2006 - 01:47
Basso
Account deleted
I only own Forgotten Legends and Autumn Aurora. BUt I am going to buy ALL of theese guys albums asap. I downloaded Swan road and Blood in our wells not to long ago to give them one listen. And I must admit that I love both thoose albums almost as much as the two first. Then I deleted them to make sure that I buy them

PS: Can hardly wait for another drudkh release
01.07.2006 - 21:00
Basso
Account deleted
I finally found a retailer in sweden that sold "The Swan Road" and "Blood In our wells" so soon I will have em in my cd collection!
03.07.2006 - 12:30
WhiteEmperor
Account deleted
I'm waiting for the Autum Aurora three weeks ago !!!! Maybe the cd is losed beetewn Poland and Spain!!
03.07.2006 - 13:16
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Let's hope it not, it is a masterpiece!
----

13.07.2006 - 19:35
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
I just got into this great band from hearing a song on www.blackmetalradio.com (which seems to play a lot of death metal for some reason). I was so desperate to get some of thier stuff I ended up ordering Forgotten Legends off amazon and then again off ebay the next day cos I forgot... so I ended up giving one of them to me girlfriend. Her first black metal CD... and probably last!!!

I'll have to get Autumn Aurora next as it seems highly praised here.

Anyway awesome band. I'm always looking for quality black metal and I'm glad I found out about these guys, although I didn't realise they're so well known. Isn't the band made up of some ex members of Hate Forest? I remember reading that somewhere, but no one else seems to have mentioned it. Is Hate Forest a similar style?