Metal Storm logo
Brujeria

14.01.2007 - 03:12
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I am a little surprised to there not already being a Brujeria thread any where on the board thus far. Yes Brujeria is unfortunately on the Road Runner label, and has consisted of some rather mainstream musicians but the heart of their music is very unconventional. The band members constantly change, they have consisted of Dino Cazares (Fear Factory,) Nick Barker (CoF, Dimmu Borgir,) Raymond Herrera (Suicidal Tendencies,) Shane Embury (Napalm Death,) Max Cavalera (Sepultura, Soufly, Nailbomb,) amongst others. Apperantly the singer is just some "random" pissed off Mexican, but I imagine there is more of a story to that.
The music is about witchcraft, satanism, narcotics, immigration, anti-caucasian, politics and so on, typical Mexican stereotyping and all the lyrics are sung in Spanish. I've enjoyed them for years now, unfortunately I don't understand spanish but I know what some of the titles are about, none the less it's good heavy metal.
14.01.2007 - 03:38
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Brujeria are a decent band. The band's name in english means "Witchcraft" and yes, they have had some well-known musicians. Currently, Jeff Walker, of Carcass fame, plays bass for them. It is also rumored that the head on the cover of their first album is from one of the singers satanic sacrifices. Pretty freaky imagery if you ask me.
14.01.2007 - 03:41
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
haha yeah, Brujeria's alright. They play enjoyable mid to slow paced death-ish metal with nice, chunky riffs. I hate the lyrics though. Anyways, I had their older cd...Matando Gueros or whatever it's called...but I don't know what happened to it.
14.01.2007 - 04:00
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I should also add, that I just acquired the Asesino album "Corridos de Muerte," and Asesino was or still is the guitarist from Brujeria, I am only a part way through it, maybe half, but I've got to say it's a lot harder than anything from Brujeria, it feels darker.
14.01.2007 - 04:03
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Asesino is no longer the guitarist in the band.
14.01.2007 - 04:04
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Bitter Dawn on 14.01.2007 at 04:00

I should also add, that I just acquired the Asesino album "Corridos de Muerte," and Asesino was or still is the guitarist from Brujeria, I am only a part way through it, maybe half, but I've got to say it's a lot harder than anything from Brujeria, it feels darker.

Believe it or not, I found the debut Asesino album at Fred Meyer

It really surprised me, but I didn't buy it. Maybe it'll still be there.
15.01.2007 - 04:11
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Turns out Asesino is just Dino Cazares alias, and the band consist of the bassist from Static-X and some hispanic guy. Good stuff though, I think I like it more than Brujeria.
04.02.2007 - 04:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know them but only fiew songs amnd I like moustly beacuse of spanish languege but I duno if I like them if thay sing in englihs,
Hmm dunnno what to say about them realy dunno but just fiew songs are awsome
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.02.2007 - 14:21
APOHAKC
The Bard
This was one of my favorite bands when I was a kid but know I can't listen to this for very long time but Anti-castro, Assessino, Petitis te Invoco are one of the best metal songs ever Brujeria kick ass, Pope is fucking with the negroes. <-- Part of Brujeria's lyrics
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
30.12.2008 - 20:57
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
I actually really like this shit. It's out of the music I use to listen to. I like the idea of slow death metal and the vocals ar really funny and brutal at the same time.

The lyrics are also pure comedy IMO.

I just don't know why I like them.... Maybe because it's out of the "inteligent" bands I use to listen to with clever riffs and lyrics... But this is just metal right to your ears and I enjoy it a lot.

Juan Brujo fucking rulz.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.04.2009 - 02:50
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Bitter Dawn on 15.01.2007 at 04:11

Turns out Asesino is just Dino Cazares alias, and the band consist of the bassist from Static-X and some hispanic guy. Good stuff though, I think I like it more than Brujeria.

The Static-x bassist is Tony ''Maldito X'' Campos, and the other guy is Emílio ''Sadistico'' Márquez (from Sadistic Intent).

Both bands are really good, but their style is hard to define.. a very catchy and slow death/grind, without anything that could indicate some complexity. And still their music is awesome as hell. It was one of the first metal bands I've heard, they still inspire some nostalgic feeling, from the time I thought that their music was the top of extreme music.

Very funny the speech on ''Raza Odiada (Pito Wilson)'', one of the best of their songs. Raza Odiada is really their best work, and the top of their career.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
22.04.2009 - 20:05
Winterfog
Have you heard the brujeria's version of Macarena called "Marijuana"

I really enjoy listening to Brujeria... try to find translations to the lyrics they are awesome!
"Tengo la verga como machete" hahaha this is at the beggining of Pititis te invoco!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe6AbYPzCCY&NR=1
22.04.2009 - 20:18
Winterfog
When they came to Ecuador somebody stole Brujo's hat and he started crying "If you don't give me back my hat we won't play anymore" hahah until somebody of the audience gave him a poncho so they started playing again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5GfeMdfVTk&feature=related
26.04.2009 - 05:17
Written by Winterfog on 22.04.2009 at 20:18

When they came to Ecuador somebody stole Brujo's hat and he started crying "If you don't give me back my hat we won't play anymore" hahah until somebody of the audience gave him a poncho so they started playing again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5GfeMdfVTk&feature=related

lol yeah, I was not there, but a friend told me that... I think it was some friend of his
26.04.2009 - 17:54
Galar
Wicked Mung
I asked Jeff in person when I met him if there is a new Brujeria album coming out, because I heard that there was, and he told me he needed to call Shane.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK