Metal Storm logo
Marty Friedman - Unveils New Song

Legendary lead guitarist Marty Friedman, famed for his performances on landmark releases such as Rust In Peace (Megadeth) and Speed Metal Symphony (Cacophony), has unveiled the first full track from his upcoming studio album Inferno. The brand new song "Steroidhead" can be streamed now directly below. The suspense is over and you can finally hear something new from Friedman. Tell us if you are pleased with the result.

"Steroidhead" sees Marty Friedman backed by some notable young musicians ? Keshav Dhar and Anup Sastry (Skyharbor).

Says Friedman: "I love working with innovative, risky and borderline crazy musicians, and the guys on 'Steroidhead' certainly fit that description. Each track on the album has a separate dream team on it, so it feels like a constant barrage of fresh interpretations of my music."

Due out in May, Inferno is Friedman's first solo album of original material in four years, and his first recording in more than a decade that will be released worldwide simultaneously. Featuring what he describes as the heaviest, most intense playing of his career, the album will feature guest appearances by several artists influenced by Friedman, including Alexi Laiho (Children Of Bodom), flamenco/metal acoustic duo Rodrigo y Gabriela and Revocation's David Davidson. The album also includes Friedman's first songwriting collaboration with Jason Becker since the pair played together in Cacophony.

Source: prostheticrecords.com
Band profile: Marty Friedman
Posted: 23.01.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 76 users
23.01.2014 - 14:07
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Holy shit, collaboration with Jason Becker and guest appearance by Laiho, is this really happening?

EDIT: song kicks ass.
23.01.2014 - 14:13
Moose

Sounding very promising, and those are some excellent guest musicians. Particularly looking forward to David Davidsons input.
23.01.2014 - 17:09
Silent Jay

Sounds good. This is the first album from Marty that I am actually looking forward to since Loudspeaker, as I found Future Addict and his other J-Rock albums somewhat poor. Some of those guest names interest me too, especially the guys from Skyharbor (on this track), David Davidson and Rodrigo y Gabriela!
23.01.2014 - 23:46
MyNameJeff

A combination of old and new!!! this is cool
24.01.2014 - 01:51
nb

This sounds awesome \m/.
I did not like Future Addict at all, but Bad DNA was enjoyable.
24.01.2014 - 02:51
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Wtf is with the wankery. Heavy track, but seriously?
24.01.2014 - 03:04
MrClansman1

Like it. "Each track on the album has a separate dream team on it, so it feels like a constant barrage of fresh interpretations of my music." I have high expectation from this one. I'm sure this will be the best solo record in 2014! And songwriting collaboration with Jason Becker... just waitin' for May.
24.01.2014 - 03:51
Mattybu

Normally I would like something like this (I think?) but yeah, kind of a lame song that didn't really do much for me. will probably be passing on this, although I do enjoy some of Marty's other work.
24.01.2014 - 07:09
Saeid

Ohh yeah

Hits total: 2340 | This month: 6