Metal Storm logo
Pentagram - Victor Griffin Rejoins For Tour And New Album

Victor Griffin is returning to Pentagram for live shows and a new studio album. After taking a break from the band to bring Victor Griffin's In-Graved around the world, the doom metal guitar master returns to his main fold. The realigned lineup featuring the Liebling/Griffin duo backed by Greg Turley on bass and Sean Saley on drums will embark on a long awaited tour of the West Coast area in February and March. When not touring the world, the band will be working hard on a new album for release in 2014.

Victor Griffin comments: "Time continues to teach me to expect the unexpected and never say never... at least to some things. After years of investment in Pentagram and in my relationships with Bobby Liebling, nephew Greg Turley of course, and more recently to drummer Sean Saley... the door has opened to hit the road again with my favorite dysfunctional band. We'll be starting out in the Pacific Northwest in late February, with a new album in the works plus a full tour calendar for the rest of the year and beyond. Until then... until the end!"

Vocalist and founding member Bobby Liebling adds: "Victor Griffin and I are brothers and it's a joy to be working side-by-side again. As we've stated before, the door will always be open for him and he'll always be an important part of Pentagram's Ram Family. It's great to have my partner in crime saddled up next to me on stage and the studio. He's truly one of a kind and we're ecstatic to create another classic Pentagram album!"

The band also extended a huge thank you to Matt Goldsborough, who filled in live during Victor's absence during the past year.

Shows with Radio Moscow and Kings Destroy:

02/22 - Seattle, WA, El Corazon
02/23 - Portland, OR, Hawthorne Theater
02/25 - San Francisco, CA, DNA Lounge
02/27 - Albuquerque, NM, Sister Bar
02/28 - Denver, CO, Summit Music Hall
03/01 - Salt Lake City, UT, In The Venue

Source: metalblade.com
Band profile: Pentagram
Posted: 25.01.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 30 users
25.01.2014 - 14:25
sofiazoe
The band also extended a huge thank you to Matt Goldsborough, who filled in live during Victor's absence during the past year.
----
ThankSsssssSss :)
25.01.2014 - 16:31
BrianStorm
Written by Alakazam on 25.01.2014 at 15:36

REALLY looking forward to the new album. Last Rites was a great comeback, even if it was written about 30 years ago

Oh no, this album is totally new! It has songs that were written *20* years ago!

Hits total: 3046 | This month: 3