Metal Storm logo
Randy Blythe - Taking A Break From The Band

Virginia metallers Lamb Of God are planning to take a long break from the road following the conclusion of the touring activities in support of the band's album Resolution. It was frontman Randy Blythe who confirmed it. Understandably, he needs a break.

In a post on his official Instagram account, Randy Blythe writes: "And so another album cycle comes to an end. This has been a very eventful, at times VERY STRESSFUL, album cycle, & it's been about three years since we started on this one in our practice space - I need a break. Tomorrow is a 19 hour flight back to the USA, & then another one home to RVA, & except for two festival shows in 2014, I will not be thinking about Lamb Of God, touring, playing heavy metal, writing new Lamb Of God material- NONE OF THAT STUFF- AT ALL- for a good long while. Time to do other things for a bit, & let my brain regroup, & be a somewhat normal human being.

"This has been a pretty wild ride though, & to end it in Africa of all places still amazes the crap outta me. So thanks Johannesburg for an awesome end to the Resolution tour cycle, & to all you other bands, hear this: the game has been stepped up, & the ante has risen. You are not a REAL G until you come to South Africa & your fans throw one of THESE to you on stage - a warthog skull. Takes the cake for the strangest thing throw at me on stage ever, & I've had some weird shit thrown at me - I named him Jeff. Jeff, the South African warthog. Top that, y'all. Don't front like your ballin' if you ain't rockin' that wart hog shizzy. I figured I'd finish up the cycle with a nice self-portrait. Me & Jeff are outty. Peace, & one love."

Lamb Of God entered into a worldwide distribution deal with Specticast (Led Zeppelin's Celebration Day, Paul McCartney's "Rock Show") for their Don Argott-directed documentary film As The Palaces Burn. It will be in theaters for a limited showing starting in February.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Lamb Of God
Posted: 28.01.2014 by deadone

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 115 users
28.01.2014 - 17:55
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
They need a break anyhow.
28.01.2014 - 22:17
Reaper_Redeemer
Such a beard XD
28.01.2014 - 22:22
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Kudos to him for looking after his mental health. I don't think Blythe's handled the spotlight particularly well and the celebrity status he's managed to achieve has done him more harm than good. If this is the end of LoG then so be it, but I'd like to see this guy involved in some lesser known bands where he doesn't have to live up to the mainstream hype and wear himself out with world tours that he's not even interested in.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
29.01.2014 - 03:24
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by LeKiwi on 28.01.2014 at 17:55

They need a break anyhow.

Yes, they do. I have a feeling this break will do wonders for them.
29.01.2014 - 07:25
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Homeboy doesn't know shit about being a real G.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 3252 | This month: 6