Metal Storm logo
Lust Of Decay

15.01.2007 - 03:09
Stigmatized
Taken from their Last.fm page-

"Lust of Decay is a brutal death metal band from North Carolina whose guitarist, Steve Green, owns the death metal label Comatose Music.

Lust of Decay formed in the year 2000 with only one thing on their minds: to play pure and gory death metal. With members collected from various amateur bands, a lineup was put together and the band released their debut full-length Infesting The Exhumed in 2002."

They have released 2 other albums in addition to Infesting the Exhumed, which are "Purity Through Dismemberment" and "Kingdom of Corpses". These guys are from my home state, which makes me proud. Their bass player is Joe Payne, who also plays with Nile.

Anyone else know these guys If so, please share your thoughts.
15.01.2007 - 03:24
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
These guys are pretty cool. They are unusually structured for a brutal death metal band, and I think that helps them stand out slightly from a lot of other brutal acts. Some of the riffs are pretty catchy too.
15.01.2007 - 03:26
Stigmatized
Written by Dangerboner on 15.01.2007 at 03:24

These guys are pretty cool. They are unusually structured for a brutal death metal band, and I think that helps them stand out slightly from a lot of other brutal acts. Some of the riffs are pretty catchy too.

Do you own any of their albums?
15.01.2007 - 03:42
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yeah, I own Purity Through Dismemberment. Pretty good stuff.
15.01.2007 - 04:14
Stigmatized
Have you ever visited Steve Green's label's website?

http://www.comatosemusic.com/

A lot of great stuff and pretty much all albums are $10 and if you buy 4 you get the 5th free.
15.01.2007 - 04:25
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
No, but I just saw that they have some good stuff so I'll probably phone an order in sometime. I don't have paypal though, so hopefully they take debit.

Edit- Now that I think about it, I was trying to buy a LDoH album a while ago and was directed to that site, but I didn't have a Paypal account so I disregarded the site. I just signed up though, so I'll be buying more shit soon.
15.01.2007 - 06:07
Stigmatized
They have a mailorder service that you can use. That's probably what I'll end up doing.
27.01.2007 - 18:24
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Thanks for getting me onto them because its really an enjoyable band. Riffs are catchy and the drumming is constantly good. From what Ive heard from each of their three albums it would be close between 'Purity Through Dismemberment' and 'Infesting The Exhumed'. ITE has more brutal vocals but PTD has more chunky catch riffs. With 'Kingdom Of Corpses' the production is not very clean, but have to finish off the albums in full before a favourite can be pciked.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
29.01.2007 - 15:21
Stigmatized
Written by Xtreme Jax on 27.01.2007 at 18:24

Thanks for getting me onto them because its really an enjoyable band. Riffs are catchy and the drumming is constantly good. From what Ive heard from each of their three albums it would be close between 'Purity Through Dismemberment' and 'Infesting The Exhumed'. ITE has more brutal vocals but PTD has more chunky catch riffs. With 'Kingdom Of Corpses' the production is not very clean, but have to finish off the albums in full before a favourite can be pciked.

No problem.

I'm not real fond of "Infesting the Exhumed". I absolutely depise the drum sound on that album. It's like he was playing a bucket instead of a snare.
29.01.2007 - 15:54
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Now that you've pointed out the drumming I can notice it more... thought that the snare sounded a little off to start with but alround the drums sound not all that great.

You'd probably not like 'Kingdom Of Corpses' then. The drumming sound much the same but less creative. For example the kick drum is constant and is kind of the same sound as what appears on 'Infesting The Exhumed', and over all the production and individual levels of the instruments arent balanced which makes it sound pretty crappy.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
30.01.2007 - 00:33
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I haven't heard those two albums, but I'm guessing the drum sound sucks becuase they improperly used triggers. That's usually the problem. The sound on Purity Through Dismemberment seems to be pretty good. I've only listened to that album on my sound system, where triggers sound awesome
30.01.2007 - 02:26
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
"Improperly" is one word that would fit the description of the triggers. It doesnt do much for the creativity of the drumming and sounds kind of bad.

Sounds awsome on a sound system? Might have to play it my room then, these computer speakers are crappy.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
31.01.2007 - 02:20
Stigmatized
Purity Through Dismemberment has much better sound quality than Infesting the Exhumed.

That's a bummer about Kingdom of Corpses, I still want to hear the album though.
31.01.2007 - 04:49
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
I read this thread a while back and checked out this band. They have to be the most awsome Death metal band I've heard. They have the brutality of classic brutal bands like suffocation and deicide yet also have the feeling of the putrid Gore-Grind like Mortician. I need to get a CD soon.
08.02.2007 - 12:52
Eight
Shapeshifter
Im interested, Dream of Hate, could you perhaps send me some of them songs my msn?
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
08.02.2007 - 13:20
Stigmatized
Written by Eight on 08.02.2007 at 12:52

Im interested, Dream of Hate, could you perhaps send me some of them songs my msn?

But of course.

Next time I see you on there I'll do that.
03.02.2009 - 23:43
I unenthusiastically decided to download Purity Through Dismemberment after looking for new bands and seeing someone compare them to a mix between Devourment and Deeds of Flesh (not sure if I agree with that). Anyways, I gave it a spin and immediately got a creepy old man boner. This was definitely a big surprise as I did not expect to enjoy this much at all. Lately, I've been wanting to hear catchy death metal like this for some time, in that it is fairly brutal and technical, but not going overboard in either respect. At least from what I heard on Purity through Dismemberment, they remind me a little like what Mortician should sound like.
04.02.2009 - 00:13
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Every time I listen to Lust of Decay or Atrocious Abnormality, I like it even more.
04.02.2009 - 00:52
Atrocious abnormality??? Do you like them more or less than Lust of Decay? How is their sound different?
04.02.2009 - 02:24
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Dude that's hard. Atrocious Abnormality is a little more brutal and it's definitely worth buying. Steve Green is the man.
29.04.2009 - 16:41
Sounds like Infested the Exhumed is the better of the two albums prior to Purity Through Dismemberment? No one ever seems to talk about Kingdom of Corpses, as though it is a lost album or something...