Metal Storm logo
10th Annual Metal Storm Awards Open For Voting

The 10th Annual Metal Storm Awards are now open for voting. Polling will last through the end of February, so take your time and check out our nominees.

Feel free to tell us how awesome our picks are/how much we blow goats because we don't like your favorite band below.

Enjoy.

Or don't.

Team MS.

\m/
Posted: 01.02.2014 by BitterCOld

Comments page 6 / 6

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 173   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 983 users
07.02.2014 - 21:51
Himedal

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 01.02.2014 at 10:07

Who the fuck put Slayer - Jeff Hanneman's death in Drama category?

No, seriously what you want? Do you want me to come over your house and strangulate everyone? No, seriously that wasn't funny at all. At fucking all. No, seriously I'm not acting like Eric Cartman out here. No respect for great musician. I wish an ugly fat cow fall over you(yeah, YOU!!).

I totally agree with you.
----
What goes by is life to be taken
The doom calls upon the forsaken
07.02.2014 - 22:46
Góral
Combo Breaker
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.02.2014 at 20:07

it's a write-in vote, so not a mistake on the part of MS, since it wasn't nominated. But I have seen way older albums being written in than one that is 2 years old. Maybe the person wrote it in thought it was from this year becauuse the vinyl version of it was released in 2013?

This is not a mistake on the part of MS, of course. I didn't say that. I just saw a some person's mistake, that stand out. The fact that the vinyl version was released in 2013 doesn't qualify "Griseus", for sure. But I'm not sure about e.g. digitally remastered albums, made a years later. Is this can be nominated? I think it would be a bit strange. Especially if the album received votes in previous years. How is it ?
07.02.2014 - 22:50
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 01.02.2014 at 10:07

Who the fuck put Slayer - Jeff Hanneman's death in Drama category?

No, seriously what you want? Do you want me to come over your house and strangulate everyone? No, seriously that wasn't funny at all. At fucking all. No, seriously I'm not acting like Eric Cartman out here. No respect for great musician. I wish an ugly fat cow fall over you(yeah, YOU!!).

Drama doesn't mean comedy, damn. That's an entirely different thing that here on MS almost every year "Drama" is translated to a funny play of some idiot metalheads...
I did vote for that too, it's fuckin' tragic.
----
08.02.2014 - 01:51
togo95

Did you guys think about an additional category for album of the year, possibly comprised of the winners of genre categories? I think it would be a nice addition. Also I noted now voting for the best cover song and video that there is no best song category. Although I can see some reasons why not include these two categories, I would like to hear what you think about it. IMO it would be interesting to see what was Metalstormers most favourite album and song, despite not adding too much to the overall value of the Awards.
08.02.2014 - 08:55
mz

Written by togo95 on 08.02.2014 at 01:51

Did you guys think about an additional category for album of the year, possibly comprised of the winners of genre categories? I think it would be a nice addition. Also I noted now voting for the best cover song and video that there is no best song category. Although I can see some reasons why not include these two categories, I would like to hear what you think about it. IMO it would be interesting to see what was Metalstormers most favourite album and song, despite not adding too much to the overall value of the Awards.

I don't really think that having a category for the best album of the year would be a good idea. Some genres are obviously more popular and album of the year in that regard would be definitely from theme. Assume that staff nominate a drone doom record and a melodic death record for album of the year. The winner would be certainly that melodic death metal album regardless of the quality.
Also, for best song category, again I think it's not a good idea. First of all, on average every album might have 8 songs and it makes it hard for staff to chose 10 songs as nominates. Moreover, since this category would not be restricted to any certain genre, beside the problem I mentioned previously, the staff would have to chose like 10 songs from entire spectrum of metal music, which in my opinion is not applicable.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
08.02.2014 - 15:25
Paz
Nuclear Cowboy
But honestly the staffers should choose MS AOTY - it would be fun to see who won...

Was there such a thing in the past? For example: "The Maniacal Vale" is a staff pick of 2008
08.02.2014 - 15:55
MeloDeathViking

Written by Paz on 08.02.2014 at 15:25

But honestly the staffers should choose MS AOTY - it would be fun to see who won...

Was there such a thing in the past? For example: "The Maniacal Vale" is a staff pick of 2008

The staff will release what there votes looked like shortly after the other results are published. They vote completely separately from us.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
09.02.2014 - 00:46
MeloDeathViking

I think the progressive metal and Gothenburg metal categories are the hardest choices to make for me this year. There are even write-ins in the progressive that I'm tempted to vote for or write-in myself. I already voted, but I might change it still.
----
09.02.2014 - 02:04
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by mz on 08.02.2014 at 08:55

Written by togo95 on 08.02.2014 at 01:51

I don't really think that having a category for the best album of the year would be a good idea. Some genres are obviously more popular and album of the year in that regard would be definitely from theme. Assume that staff nominate a drone doom record and a melodic death record for album of the year. The winner would be certainly that melodic death metal album regardless of the quality.
Also, for best song category, again I think it's not a good idea. First of all, on average every album might have 8 songs and it makes it hard for staff to chose 10 songs as nominates. Moreover, since this category would not be restricted to any certain genre, beside the problem I mentioned previously, the staff would have to chose like 10 songs from entire spectrum of metal music, which in my opinion is not applicable.

Something like that would have to be write in votes only. The album one is a good idea, but the song one mightn't work too well cause the winner probably would only have 10-20 votes. There'd be a thousand songs with just 1 or 2 votes each. I'd be really surprised if one song managed to get 100+ votes.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
09.02.2014 - 16:41
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by MeloDeathViking on 09.02.2014 at 00:46

I think the progressive metal and Gothenburg metal categories are the hardest choices to make for me this year. There are even write-ins in the progressive that I'm tempted to vote for or write-in myself. I already voted, but I might change it still.

Who did you vote for in the prog category? I'm just curious
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
10.02.2014 - 11:56
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Listening to the bands from the sludge and post metal categories. Nice!

Generic award comment: WHY ISN'T INTRONAUT ON THE LIST!! You MS stuff suck, and have no clue what is good and what's not
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
10.02.2014 - 15:41
MeloDeathViking

Written by BloodTears on 09.02.2014 at 16:41

Written by MeloDeathViking on 09.02.2014 at 00:46

Who did you vote for in the prog category? I'm just curious

Currently my vote is for Haken, but I'm tempted by almost all of the other nominees, and I'm thinking about writing in A World Torn by Divinity Compromised. It really is a very strong category this year. Have you made your pick yet for progressive?
----
10.02.2014 - 16:05
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Spirit Molecule on 10.02.2014 at 11:56
You MS stuff suck, and have no clue what is good and what's not

brb killing myself
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
10.02.2014 - 17:15
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
By the way, I don't know if this was mentioned or not already, but I'm surprised Zemial's Nykta didn't get nominated (in thrash or prog). Write-in vote time!
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
10.02.2014 - 19:08
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.02.2014 at 16:05

brb killing myself

Muhahahaha, my plan is working perfectly...exxccellent
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
11.02.2014 - 13:06
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by MeloDeathViking on 10.02.2014 at 15:41

Currently my vote is for Haken, but I'm tempted by almost all of the other nominees, and I'm thinking about writing in A World Torn by Divinity Compromised. It really is a very strong category this year. Have you made your pick yet for progressive?

I voted for Scale The Summit actually but I could have easily voted for 7 others. I just have a soft spot for that album and the guys deserve the vote, especially because sometimes they are overlooked.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
11.02.2014 - 15:16
MeloDeathViking

Written by BloodTears on 11.02.2014 at 13:06

Written by MeloDeathViking on 10.02.2014 at 15:41

I voted for Scale The Summit actually but I could have easily voted for 7 others. I just have a soft spot for that album and the guys deserve the vote, especially because sometimes they are overlooked.

That's one of the one's I could have voted for too. I love Scale the Summit ever since I saw them touring for their 2nd album when they played with BtBAM, Cynic & Devon Townsend. That was an amazing show. I was hooked from that point on. Like I said, this was a great year for progressive metal and my vote may very well change before the end of the month.
----
13.02.2014 - 09:19
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
I can't think of anything musically off hand for biggest letdown. Can I vote for the PNG rugby league team?
----
18.02.2014 - 19:56
Darth Revan

Dethklok didn't get nominated this year oddly enough. I say that because "The Doomstar Requiem" got a glowing review, I'm not the only one vouching for the toon band that released a goddamn musical this year (Speaking of, it's awesome).
24.02.2014 - 22:29
theembryo

Cool - Avatarium acknowledges the nomination for Best Doom Metal Album category in the 2013 MS Awards!!
28.02.2014 - 10:49
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Comments section's a bit quiet this year.
----
28.02.2014 - 11:07
Warman
Erotic Stains
So I've placed my votes. I always wait till the end of the month so I can hear as many of the nominations as possible. Found some new good stuff which I actually ended up voting for. But in most of the categories I gave my vote to the stuff I heard before the awards opened.

BTW, I always love how every year, out of some of the nominations, I stumble across some of the worst fucking metal albums I've ever heard. Every year there's at least 2-3 albums which makes me think that there's some guys on the staff which I clearly don't have a matching music taste with.
----
01.03.2014 - 09:33
BloodMusic

Thanks very much for voting for Kauan! Great to see our band take 2nd place!
----
*Available: maudlin of the Well/Lykathea Aflame/Ihsahn*

Coming soon: Sigh, Manii, Odium, Kauan, Aquilus, Negura Bunget, Thy Catafalque, Ne Obliviscaris, Strapping Young Lad

Blood Music
http://www.blood-music.com
http://www.facebook.com/BlooodMusic

Hits total: 8168 | This month: 33