Metal Storm logo
Vanishing Point - Find New Drummer

Australian Power/Progressive Metal band Vanishing Point have officially started their search for a new drummer. Former drummer Jack Lukic left the band at the end of last year, and now Vanishing Point are looking for a replacement.

Here is a posting taken from the band's official website: "Vanishing Point begins it's arduous task of finding a drummer who will be replacing Jack. After releasing three studio albums, nearing completion of their fourth album/new album and completing extensive European and Australian tours, Vanishing Point seeks a drummer with great communication skills, who is friendly, easy going, has own transport and is willing to commit 100%. Must have the ability to write in a team environment and have some stage experience, should be financially secure and be able to tour overseas.

After signing to Germany's fastest growing record label Dockyard1, Vanishing Point has been put among the worlds best music acts today.
So if you, or if you may know someone who has what Vanishing Point is looking for please reply to vanishingpoint1@hotmail.com".

UPDATE:
It appears that after only three days the search is over already. Drummer Christian Nativo of Melbourne-based melodic metal band PTB has posted the following news on his Myspace:

"Hello friends...
I am pleased to announced that I am the new drummer for Melbourne Prog Metal band Vanishing Point.

I wish the boys from PTB all the very best for 2007 and beyond and I will continue to help them for their live shows until they find a new drummer...

I look forward to seeing you at the shows...
Cheers"

Even though Vanishing Point's official website doesn't report about Nativo's addition yet, the band's Myspace already lists him as band member.

Source: vanishing-point.com.au
Band profile: Vanishing Point
Posted: 15.01.2007 by Necrowinter

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 1 user
15.01.2007 - 10:07
Eternal Flames

Hopefully they'll be able to find a new drummer as soon as possible. The guys really put in a lot of effort on this upcoming album to get it released quickly and not have another long wait between albums.

I think their new album will probably be one of my most awaited albums for 2007 and I would love to see them back on the live scene soon. They have barely done any touring lately and they didn't do a national tour for Embrace The Silence either, so I'm eager to see these guys live again.

EDIT: I just read on the official Vanishing Point forums that they've found a new drummer. They're new drummer it Christian Nativo from melodic band PTB. I'm quite surprise how fast they've been able to recruit a new drummer. Christian's a very good drummer and I can see now that Vanishing Point are not slowing down at all.
15.01.2007 - 16:17
Hyvaarin

Didn't they just lose a bassist or something, too? How tumultuous.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
15.01.2007 - 16:45
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by Eternal Flames on 15.01.2007 at 10:07

EDIT: I just read on the official Vanishing Point forums that they've found a new drummer. They're new drummer it Christian Nativo from melodic band PTB. I'm quite surprise how fast they've been able to recruit a new drummer. Christian's a very good drummer and I can see now that Vanishing Point are not slowing down at all.

That was quick indeed. At first I thought it was some joker who wanted to promote his Myspace as new band members normally get introduced by the band first. Then I checked his Myspace, checked VP's Myspace and found it to be true. The news article is updated btw.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
16.01.2007 - 02:12
Eternal Flames

@Hyvaarin - Yeah, they did lose their bassist Steve, however he found a replacement for them before he left, so they didn't have to search for a bassist.

@Promonex - Yeah, when I read he posted it on VP's forum, I thought it was a hoax or something, but after reading it on his myspace and VP's myspace, I was convinced. I'm just still amazed how quickly they've been able to find a new drummer. Great news nevertheless.
16.01.2007 - 02:39
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
That was very quick indeed! I havent heard of PTB, put if Vanishing Point have recruited him that fast he must be good. Looking forward to the new album even more now, they seem to be pretty positive about it.
----

Hellcunt Smurf

Hits total: 3357 | This month: 3