Metal Storm logo
Shores of Sheol - Austrian Black Metal (+MP3)

Original post

Posted by AncientOrigins, 20.05.2006 - 16:33
Since the forum is new I might as well start a new topic about my project "Shores of Sheol". I started with raw black metal but I've grabbed many influences during my time working on SoS and I developed into a kind of more melodic Black Metal sound.

my influences are bands like Rotting Christ, Thou Art Lord, etc. So if you like these artists, I'd be glad if you'd check my work out.
02.11.2006 - 09:39
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Can't wait to hear, why the f**k didn't I bring my earplugs to school.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
02.11.2006 - 14:54
AncientOrigins

Written by Lucas on 02.11.2006 at 09:39

Can't wait to hear, why the f**k didn't I bring my earplugs to school.

Home yet?
----
http://myspace.com/shoresofsheol - My Black Metal band
03.11.2006 - 02:27
AncientOrigins

Come on people, please give it a listen. I want some opinions

King of the Olden Domain:

http://www.amplifeye.com/media/mp3/download.php?id=7315
----
03.11.2006 - 02:36
Basso
Account deleted
As I said before, I found this new song more in my own taste that your earlier material. So I find this even more so intressting that your early release:

Great song, catchy riffs. The backing vocals make it sound rather evil also, and we all love evil stuff.
03.11.2006 - 09:43
Lucas
Mr. Noise
No, I'm not home.

i'm at school again. Have to work so often, I don't have time to be on my cpu anymore. Anyway, I'll probably hear it tomorrow morning.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
03.11.2006 - 13:16
AncientOrigins

Thanks Basso! I'm glad you enjoyed it

Alright Nervel, take your time

Any more listeners?
----
03.11.2006 - 13:21
Zombie, M.D.

Your sound sure has evolved nicely since I last checked it out maybe a year ago. It sounds very greek now. Im glad you kept that signature serpentine vocal style though.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
03.11.2006 - 21:16
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Blood flows where it can't go.

I'm too tired, but I'll give it a listen anyway.

King Of The Olden Domain:
Damn interesting song. I might know shit about the Greek scene, I can't figure out why I am not trying it out, since I love this stuff! The vocals are something I don't hear often, good job!

I would like to get the split, I expect you to tell me/us more about it.
----

04.11.2006 - 02:54
Richard

Yeah, another good song, and the vocals seem even stronger than before. I would say there's a little traditional HM element to the music as well this time (although that's something that some of the Greek bands had too).

My issues with the drumming are the same as when I did the review of the album, though... Although the sections with blastbeat are OK.
----
04.11.2006 - 12:53
AncientOrigins

thanks to you all! Glad you liked it keeps me going.

and Nervel, the split should be easier to get, since it's supported by a label. Will take a few more weeks though
----
10.11.2006 - 01:01
AncientOrigins

I uploaded a three track demo on my website, if anyone wants to check them out.
----
13.11.2006 - 15:45
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I've been listening to your stuff quite a few times lately.

One thing that I noticed is that yoru vocals sounds very 'mature'. In the sense sound like they are from someone way older than 19. More 30-ish, or something like that. Know that is a compliment.

I Rise

Amazing vocal work, really. The serpentine vocals, sometimes going back and forth is something I really like from your band. There are no bands that I know of, that have that vocals. I do have a point of criticism though, you have to be able to take that.

Your guitar riffing is not optimal. It is still very much the same, in more songs. Usually they aren't more than 4-4-4-4-6-6-6-6-3-3-3-3-7-7-7-7 riffing, if you know what I mean. There is some room for improvement there.

Revelations

Again really good stuff. Not much to say about this, except that I like it very much.

Note that the criticism is meant in the good way, and I still think you are an unique band out there. (Could be because of my limited knowledge, but does that matter?)

I will surely buy your demo.

Keep it up!
----

14.11.2006 - 18:50
AncientOrigins

I am able to take your criticism Thanks for writing so much, glad you liked it overall, Nervel.
----
14.11.2006 - 21:12
Lucas
Mr. Noise
No problem. I am of course aware that Black Metal riffing is a different 'form' of riffing of course.
----

23.12.2008 - 20:41
Lucas
Mr. Noise
What are all your opinions on the new tracks on the MySpace?

The Forlorn Realms demo was already killer imo, and now it looks like the upcoming ep is going to be even better.
----

23.12.2008 - 21:13
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Lucas on 23.12.2008 at 20:41

The Forlorn Realms demo was already killer imo, and now it looks like the upcoming ep is going to be even better.

I actually listened to them last night after I read the news of the new EP and enjoyed it very much. While I only gave them a run through once, I will admit at one point thinking "Eternal Sin - The Great Conquest" was quite epic at one point. I'll have to give it further listens, but it's cool to see how much this band has grown over the past few years.
----
The force will be with you, always.
23.12.2008 - 21:20
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Clintagräm on 23.12.2008 at 21:13

Written by Lucas on 23.12.2008 at 20:41

I actually listened to them last night after I read the news of the new EP and enjoyed it very much. While I only gave them a run through once, I will admit at one point thinking "Eternal Sin - The Great Conquest" was quite epic at one point. I'll have to give it further listens, but it's cool to see how much this band has grown over the past few years.

Indeed, I was just thinking the same thing. I mean, look three posts up and you see me commenting on the simplistic guitar riffs. Then about a year later, I'm reviewing the Forlorn Realms demo and am able to score it a nice 8.3.

I'm really hoping he gets a record deal soon, he deserves it.
----

24.12.2008 - 03:21
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I just learned of this band from the recent news and I'm beginning to like them a lot. I'm surprised the guy doesn't have a record deal. Then again most of the great bands I've been coming across lately have yet to be signed.
----
Coldgrits
24.12.2008 - 03:26
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by -DC-002- on 24.12.2008 at 03:21

I just learned of this band from the recent news and I'm beginning to like them a lot. I'm surprised the guy doesn't have a record deal. Then again most of the great bands I've been coming across lately have yet to be signed.

Tell me about it. I've been hoping this band gets signed for well over a year now, but to this very day, no luck. I have high hopes that it will happen soon though, Sathur seems to be confident of that. When that happens you'll surely hear about it!
----

14.01.2009 - 15:13
AncientOrigins

I haven't been on this forum for a very long time but I stumbled upon this old thread over google ^^

I'm glad that people appreciate the new stuff ^^ thanks for the great help of yours, Lucas.

I'm done with the promo prints soon, so if any of you want a physical copy (for free of course) just write me a PM, okay?
----