Explorers Club
Other
Chroma Key, or Kevin Moore
OSI

Total votes: 27
15.01.2007 - 20:45
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
i think dream theater is the band with the most side projects, there a lot more, but tell whats your favorite and why you enjoy it more than the others,

for me Liquid tension experiment, i just like the portnoy and petrucci style, plus the great tony levin on bass, and jordan rudess on keyboard, that was really good, i think jordan is great for this kind of music , even better than dream theater works,, i ts just im into kevin moore style
i love all his music, Transatlantic is also very good, and petrucci too, well i love all DT music and projects but LTE gets my vote ufff,, thanks for reading hehe
----
Stay Metal !!!
16.01.2007 - 02:16
tulkas
el parcero
I also voted LTE, I really like the sound they have there, plus I think Levin is a great bassist. I also agree with what you say about Rudess, I think he's better in this, IMO no one will be better than Kevin Moore was when he was part of DT.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
17.01.2007 - 09:33
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I kind of wish that I could actually find a lot of these side projects in stores or online but frankly am unable to. My vote in this case would go towards the only one that I can honestly make an opinion of; Liquid Tension Experiment, a great progressive rock jam experimentation if there ever was one.
20.01.2007 - 04:19
Daru Jericho

Too hard but I'd say either LTE (of course...) for creativity, Mullmuzzler/James LaBrie for emotive and powerful tracks with a touch of quirk added, or the Jelly Jam for that 'laid back' feel. Does Chroma Key count, btw? Oh yes, it's in the poll. Well, add CK for their sinister ambience and Kevin Moore's godlike creativity..
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

31.05.2007 - 02:30
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
The only thing on that list that is a side project is Liquid Tension Experiment. All the others are either bands or solo projects.

TransAtlanatic: Supergroup featuring members from Spock's Beard, Dream Theater, The Flower Kings, Marillion and Pain of Salvation.
OSI: A band by Jim Matheos and Kevin Moore with Mike Portnoy on Drums. Also Sean Mallone and Steve Wilson guested on the first album.
Planet X: A band put together by Derek Sherinian after he left Dream Theater.
Explorers Club: Another progressive rock supergroup headed up by Trent and Wayne Gardner of Magellan. It has featured James LaBrie, John Petrucci, John Myung and Derek Sherinian.
Platypus: John Myung, Derek Sherinian joined with King's X's Ty Tabor and Rod Morgenstein of Dixie Dregs.
Jelly Jam: Platypus minus Derek Sherinian.
James LaBrie: The three "solo" albums are actually a band.
Jughead: Yet another band.

And I could go on with all the other bands members of Dream Theater have guested on (Ayreon) or are current member of (Neal Morse). The bottom line is onlyLiquid Tension Experiment was a side project. All the others are actual bands.
----
(space for rent)
31.05.2007 - 03:40
APOHAKC
The Bard
John Petrucci - Gods, I like his band/project or whatever more than Dream Theatre
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
31.05.2007 - 22:13
Bitch Boy

I voted LTE because it's a great project, the experimentation, the outstanding instrumentation, no LaBrie's vocals, result in two masterpieces. It was a hard choice though, as John Petrucci's project is also excellent, I especially enjoy the cover albums.
01.06.2007 - 02:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hard choos ebut I can only enjou realy and trooly enjoy John Petrucci
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.06.2007 - 08:45
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
An evening with John Petrucci and Jordan Rudess absolutly blew me away
08.06.2007 - 01:03
graywolf87
Account deleted
J.P = the man!
10.06.2007 - 23:26
KMR

I'd rather chose Transatlantic, nice piece of prog rock.
----
Nothing is sacred.
23.09.2007 - 06:16
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
LTE but followed pretty closely by John Petrucci and the songs he wrote for G3
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
27.09.2007 - 20:19
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Well I like LTE a lot. Those 2 albums are simply great. Planet X is nowhere near that standard but still a good side project. I actually prefer Platypus to Planet X too.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
01.01.2009 - 20:39
megatherium
Account deleted
Planet X took my vote. Virgil Donati is incredible on the drums.
And part of some of their songs goes into such a crazy time signature it's not even funny. Three&threefourths/eight time is amazing.