Metal Storm logo
Tuomas Holopainen - Releases Video For Solo Song

Here it is folks, the first taste taken off Nightwish mastermind Tuomas Holopainen's solo album. The video for the track and debut single "A Lifetime Of Adventure" has been released and you can enjoy it right here. It is taken from The Life And Times Of Scrooge, Tuomas first solo venture. The album will be out on April 11th, 2014 via Nuclear Blast. The cover artwork on both the single and the album is by Don Rosa, the illustrator of Disney's Duck characters, who also appears on the video.

Commented Tuomas: "The director, Ville Lipiäinen, and me went through some options of how to approach the video and soon agreed to shoot a sort of 'making of' - clip of the song. The idea of someone dressing up as Scrooge McDuck, and then filming him digging gold and riding an emu on an Australian desert felt just a tad corny. Ville then followed us to London's Angel Studios and later Petrax Studios to film some shots from the orchestra-, vocal-, guitar-, and piano sessions. The hero of the video is Don Rosa himself. His presence and facial expressions always put a big smile on my face. I hope you'll enjoy this adventure as much as we did!"

You can pre-order your copy of The Life And Times Of Scrooge at this location. More album details can be found here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 05.02.2014 by CyberSymphony

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 26   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 314 users
05.02.2014 - 20:52
phanto
Don rosa made the best donald duck comics of my childhood. he's awesome.

song sucks tho.
05.02.2014 - 20:55
That smile.... is not natural. The song is something like that.
05.02.2014 - 21:26
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I didn't know the singer was his girlfriend, good job Tuomas. I liked the song, even though it is unnecessarily long.
05.02.2014 - 23:41
Dark Forever
Ruído Sonoro
I love the song, but this will get a lot of hate from the metal community
----
Taste the DARK...
... and you'll live FOREVER!
05.02.2014 - 23:52
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
I actually liked the song, i was thinking it was very Ladytron-esque to begin with, but that vibe went with the chorus and then the total lack of electronica. Overall, a nice ballad with a good solo to finish.
06.02.2014 - 00:38
Pazu
Decent song.
06.02.2014 - 01:06
CyberSymphony
Ollie
Not gonna lie, I really like the song and will possibly buy the album if all the songs are as good as this.
06.02.2014 - 01:10
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I still waited when the song will finally "turn" into great and powerful finale...and nothing...decent ballad though, but i hope there will be more memorable and less "boring" songs on the album

and btw the singer sounds incredibly similar to Anette
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

06.02.2014 - 01:41
DAMON-LEE
I like the song, but to me it just sounded like a soft Nightwish song.,.
06.02.2014 - 02:44
Rasa
Written by Dark Cornatus on 05.02.2014 at 23:52

I actually liked the song, i was thinking it was very Ladytron-esque to begin with, but that vibe went with the chorus and then the total lack of electronica. Overall, a nice ballad with a good solo to finish.

As with Ladytron you mean the vocals? I love Ladytron but would never have drawn similarities with this. Now that you mentioned it, the vocalist here truly sounds like Marnie.
06.02.2014 - 03:34
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Pitwulf93 on 05.02.2014 at 23:47

That was actually very beautiful. I'm curious as to what the rest of the album is like though. Is it all female vocals? Or are there many guest vocals like Avantasia? Is the rest more metal or is it all mostly orchestral?

There are four singers, an old man included. He said all the songs are rather folky, there's no metal at all.
06.02.2014 - 07:54
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
By minute two I was hooked. Not bad, defintely am interested in the album now.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
06.02.2014 - 08:24
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by Rasa on 06.02.2014 at 02:44

Written by Dark Cornatus on 05.02.2014 at 23:52

As with Ladytron you mean the vocals? I love Ladytron but would never have drawn similarities with this. Now that you mentioned it, the vocalist here truly sounds like Marnie.

Yeah the first part before the chorus. Both vocals and the Keys (kind of like White Elephant). I'm not saying it sounds the same, i just thought of them when i heard it.
06.02.2014 - 09:34
HaaskAksaaH
For those who know me well, Im about to be sure that there is no need for any further explanation that ''this'' never was/is/will kind of my music, but Im pretty sure that there is an urgent need for further investigations on my detectors that, why the fuck I can't resist for this perfectionism in DNA modification of Finnish girls...
06.02.2014 - 09:41
Stabby
Account deleted
It's Tuomas expressing the full extent of his Tuomasity in musical form, like a Tuomas. Deal with it
06.02.2014 - 11:39
Zadion
Holy hell, his girlfriend sounds this good? SHE should have been the new Nightwish vocalist!
06.02.2014 - 16:14
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Written by Zadion on 06.02.2014 at 11:39

Holy hell, his girlfriend sounds this good? SHE should have been the new Nightwish vocalist!

Is that his girlfirend? Holy shit
06.02.2014 - 19:13
Rasa
Written by Dark Cornatus on 06.02.2014 at 08:24

Yeah the first part before the chorus. Both vocals and the Keys (kind of like White Elephant). I'm not saying it sounds the same, i just thought of them when i heard it.

True that. I never thought I will discuss Ladytron on Metalstorm, hehe.
06.02.2014 - 22:15
I really liked the song.

many won't agree, but Tuomas is one of the smartest composers out there.
06.02.2014 - 23:45
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Definitely something that won't appease to Oceanborn fans. Nor casual Nightwish fans (well, maybe for the Anette squad a little as this seems like a song that was written with her in mind being damn similar with ballads done on last two NW materials).

Still, the song pretty much resembles the world of Tuomas... and damn, the voice is amazing.
07.02.2014 - 11:51
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
I still don't see why he had to go solo to do this. Could easily have come from the last Nightwish album.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
08.02.2014 - 09:50
moribun
I tried to like the song but simply could not.
08.02.2014 - 20:51
Rasa
Written by M C Vice on 07.02.2014 at 11:51

I still don't see why he had to go solo to do this. Could easily have come from the last Nightwish album.

A metal band doing an album about Scrooge McDuck? I would rather have it only under Tuomas' name, thanks. Not that I did not like it, I loved the song, but it is truly more a side project thing.
08.02.2014 - 22:21
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
I think it's beautiful.

And, as said above, an album about Scrooge McDuck is too quirky to be made under the Nightwish name, and not the direction Tuomas wants to take the band. This is clearly more of a personal thing for him.

Which I can understand, since I've been a fan of Don Rosa since about '92, when I read The Son of the Sun for the first time.
10.02.2014 - 20:09
Etaín
Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 06.02.2014 at 23:45

Definitely something that won't appease to Oceanborn fans.

Couldn't be more wrong. Took me a couple listens, but now i think its such a beautiful song. So calm and relaxing. Ive had it stuck in my head for the last couple of days
12.02.2014 - 04:23
The Evergreen
This Oceanborn fan loved it, too!

...so the vocalist is Johanna Kurkela. I could not see her in Nightwish, but I love her sound. She sent chills down my spine on Days of Grays and I'm glad she was picked for this.

Hits total: 3846 | This month: 13