Metal Storm logo
Pain Of Salvation - Performing At Progressive Nation At Sea Without Daniel Gildenlöw

As you will probably know, Pain Of Salvation's singer/guitarist Daniel Gildenlöw contracted a streptococcal infection (a flesh-eating bacteria) some weeks ago. Despite a pretty reassuring update on his condition, it seems like Daniel won't be able to join the band at Progressive Nation At Sea 2014 this month.

The band stated: "We all hoped for a quick comeback and that he would make it in time for the Prog Nation At Sea cruise. Unfortunately, while his life isn't in any danger, the healing process will take much longer than expected. Now, after four weeks, he is still in the hospital, having to be put under with general anesthesia every second day for wound care. This of course put us in a very difficult position, but when Daniel suggested that we go through with the show without him, we rose to the challenge, dead set on doing the best of the situation. So, in mutual agreement we have opted to go ahead with the gig and make it a very special one. We don't want to let those of you who come to see us down. We understand that this might still come as a disappointment to some, but we can assure you that we'll do our very best to put on a show that Daniel would be very proud of."

While these are Daniel's own words: "As much at it kills me, not being able to go, I know they can pull off a great gig. Ragnar (Zolberg, also front man of Icelandic band Sign) will be the main lead singer with his fantastic voice, and then we have Léo, who sings beautifully too, and Clay Withrow (front man of US band Vangough) stepping in to save us again with his singing and guitar playing. I'm really happy that they're doing this, and I really urge all fans to watch this show! If nothing else, than do it for me - I would love to see it myself!"

We wish Daniel a full recovery.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Pain Of Salvation
Posted: 10.02.2014 by R Lewis

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 91 users
10.02.2014 - 11:53
PocketMetal

It's like Opeth performing without Mikael Åkerfeldt , but it's actually amazing to see Daniel supporting his bandmates so much with his encouraging words . hope he gets well soon.
10.02.2014 - 11:55
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Yes, I don't think that ever happened? POS performing without Daniel. I wouldn't want to see it
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
10.02.2014 - 14:48
Unhealer
Eclecticist
There is not even a single original member in that line-up, it's a tribute band at best.
Anyway, I'd would gladly go, I saw these musicians live and they are all awesome, that guy Ragnar is the blond version of Daniel.
11.02.2014 - 01:43
Donnie Darko

What the Fuck LOL! ..wanna post a sarcastic comment too.. PoS will perform without Daniel ? This is kinda funny.. they should cancel this show instead of playing without him. Hope he recovers soon!

Hits total: 2401 | This month: 5