Metal Storm logo
Amorphis

Original post

Posted by EddieGunner, 20.05.2006 - 17:07
Amorphis new thread for new forum,
well i know almost everyone on forum said hwat they think or don't think about Amorphis, (my fav band of all times)
but im sure lots of memebrs here will or allready did saw Amorphis live on this new Euro Tour, so if u can tell us more about those shows, how was it what setlist was etc....
and what do u think about Amorphis new album Eclipse
29.11.2013 - 01:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 29.11.2013 at 00:19

Written by Bad English on 28.11.2013 at 21:21
Tuuka Rask is bands fan LOL

That's awesome. Always cool to read about NHLers who listen to metal.

Sandis Ozolins likes Ac/Dc
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.09.2015 - 17:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Anybody who has seen band live, what is bands set list now, does they play from 1000 and Karelian something now, and does they play My kanteke? acoustic version live?
----

apos;'
[image]
10.09.2015 - 18:21
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Bad English on 10.09.2015 at 17:09

Anybody who has seen band live, what is bands set list now, does they play from 1000 and Karelian something now, and does they play My kanteke? acoustic version live?

They just recently finished their Tales from the Thousand Lakes 20th anniversary shows where they played the whole thing, plus other old stuff during the remainder of the set. Other than these shows, they've usually played something off Tales, and less consistently off The Karelian Isthmus. My Kantele is a staple, of which they've played various different versions, but not a completely acoustic one.
13.09.2015 - 22:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Risto on 10.09.2015 at 18:21

Written by Bad English on 10.09.2015 at 17:09

They just recently finished their Tales from the Thousand Lakes 20th anniversary shows where they played the whole thing, plus other old stuff during the remainder of the set. Other than these shows, they've usually played something off Tales, and less consistently off The Karelian Isthmus. My Kantele is a staple, of which they've played various different versions, but not a completely acoustic one.

I know, but before
that song acoustic and semi acoustic is only way what can get out beautify of that song ... its better as original, all lyric and atmosphere
----

apos;'
[image]
26.12.2015 - 18:44
nightwica

Aaah I have always liked some songs of theirs, but now I am really really sold with Under the red cloud, it is pure awesomeness! Totally attending their European tour! :3 I hope they will play some olds. Well, not some, I mean exactly Brother Moon ♥

I really wonder why Winter Sleep is only a bonus song, it has such a beautiful piano line <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PchDwwKfHM
27.12.2015 - 22:25
The Evergreen

Written by nightwica on 26.12.2015 at 18:44

I really wonder why Winter Sleep is only a bonus song, it has such a beautiful piano line <3

I feel like they saved the best for last (and bonus) of Red Cloud, and it's an amazing album all the way through. AotY material, that's for sure.

The funny thing is, I got hooked on Skyforger but now I find myself appreciating their old stuff just as much, despite how very different it is. This band sure is a treasure.
29.12.2015 - 14:52
Netzach
Planewalker
Amorphis has always been a go-to band for me and one of the first metal bands I listened to. But strangely enough, when asked to pick a favorite album I always think of Tuonela. Most albums are top-quality though I rarely listen to Far From The Sun (everything sounds uninspired, and they indeed were when they wrote it), Skyforger or Beginning of Times (other Joutsen albums are much better imo).

Never got the Skyforger hype. It's too "safe" for me but has got a few good songs of course. Silent Waters is the best Joutsen album for me with Red Cloud a close second.
18.05.2016 - 03:42
Ganondox

Love this band, everything they make is so epic.
25.04.2018 - 13:15
Zombie94

I've tried listening to these guys quite a few times due to the praise they get on here. Have to say I don't get the appeal. Perhaps I'm just not a fan of how melodic they try to make the songs, although his vocals and lyrics also sound really cringey to me.

Is their earlier, less melodic stuff worth listening to?
08.05.2018 - 12:12
EricAxel36

I don't get this band at all. The clean vocals are pretty bad and the music itself is lackluster and nothing special. Probably going to see them live when they tour with Dark Tranquillity in the fall.
28.05.2018 - 15:23
JuhaMkkeli

Check out also Finnish new hard rock Supergroup LOUHIS HEART from youtube feat. MATIAS KUPIAINEN (Stratovarius) Guitar, LACU (Hanoi Rocks) Drums...etc.. also fb-page Louhis Heart band project
28.05.2018 - 15:27
JuhaMkkeli

Check out a new Finnish hard rock Supergroup LOUHIS HEART from youtube or on facebook Louhis Heart band project ! One member is Matias Kupiainen from Stratovarius..
16.06.2018 - 18:40
Fulcrum

I loved them as a kid but then they changed direction. Glad they found themselves again, post Silent Waters they absolutely rock. I am listening to one of the signed opies of the Queen of time right now and it is superb
17.09.2019 - 16:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Three shows in Turkey confirmed!

Izmir - December 13th

Ankara - December 14th

Istanbul - December 15th
----

apos;'
[image]
17.01.2020 - 14:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
30th anniversary shows in Helsinki at TAVASTIA-klubi

----

apos;'
[image]
17.01.2020 - 14:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bad English on 17.01.2020 at 14:55

30th anniversary shows in Helsinki at TAVASTIA-klubi

wrong order and its an awesome, I wanna attend all, I love their DM era, I love Toni Joutsen era, amazing band, wonderful journey trough time and 1000 lakes whit poetic lyrics , I adore this band.
----

apos;'
[image]
27.02.2020 - 04:24
Ok so the song is very cheesy and upbeat. The male and female clean vocalists make me cringe, and the growls can barely be heard. Also, the guitar riffs seemed too upbeat. Is this power metal?
27.02.2020 - 18:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by symphonicmetal:) on 27.02.2020 at 04:24

Ok so the song is very cheesy and upbeat. The male and female clean vocalists make me cringe, and the growls can barely be heard. Also, the guitar riffs seemed too upbeat. Is this power metal?

NO this band is not pm
----

apos;'
[image]
07.03.2022 - 18:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----

apos;'
[image]