Metal Storm logo
Coroner - Drummer Marky Edelmann Leaving The Band

Drummer Markus "Marquis Marky" Edelmann has decided to leave Swiss thrashers Coroner at the end of this month. He thinks the group has made enough reunion shows and at this point the band either should stop or make a record. He doesn't want to record a new Coroner album and they will continue their journey from now on with a different drummer, yet to be announced. As for Markus, he will continue with a new band.

He issued the following message: "Dear friends, 3 years ago we started rehearsing together for our reunion tour after a break of 15 years. We thought it was going to be a matter of a few shows. Now, after 3 years, we have performed 27 shows all over the world! I cannot find the words to describe how much I enjoyed every single gig. I want to thank every single one of you for coming to the shows and giving us such a fantastic time. It was a great pleasure to perform for you, shake your hands and sometimes have a drink and a chat after the show.

Many thanks to all the promoters that booked us, without you we would still be sitting in our bunker rehearsing. I'm very sorry the shows we had hoped to do in Mexico, South America, Japan and Australia never happened. I was looking forward to those very much...

The following is not easy to say and believe me I have given it a lot of thought. I will leave Coroner at the end of February this year.

I think we have played more than enough reunion shows and now it's time to either stop doing reunion shows or to move on with a new album. For me it was clear from the start that I didn't want to record another album. I love the sound of Coroner but for me it's the moment to explore new sounds without the weight of the past on my shoulders.

Ron, Tommy and I agreed that Coroner should continue with another drummer. They will announce who it's going to be on the coroner-reunion page. With all my heart I wish 'em all the best for the future. We will be brothers forever. I will continue with a new band that you will hear about in the near future. So thank you all once more and I hope we are gonna see you very soon! Best."

Coroner's first Australian Tour:

June 5 - Melbourne - The Hi-Fi
June 6 - Brisbane - The Hi-Fi
June 7 - Adelaide - Uni Bar
June 8 - Sydney - The Manning
June 9 - Canberra - The Basement

Source: coroner-reunion.com
Band profile: Coroner
Posted: 12.02.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 74 users
12.02.2014 - 17:09
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Awww. You were a tremendous part of my teenage years Marquis Marky! Good luck in your endeavors!
----
rekt
12.02.2014 - 18:08
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Noooo!!!

It's better to have new record with no drumming section than new guy stepping in and contribute it.

Okay, I was carried away there. I'll really miss Marky.

Hits total: 3942 | This month: 6