01. A Foreign Road
02. Raven Land
03. Dreamdemons
04. Sweetwater
05. Life's But A Dream
06. Headstones
07. Twilight
08. Burn Fire Burn
09. The Path Of The Gods (Upon The Highest Mountain, Part 2)

Additional info
Recorded, mixed and produced at the wavestation in March/April 1995 by Ulf Petterson and Lake of Tears. Executive producer Börje Forsberg. All songs written by Daniel Brennare. Cover art by Kristian Wåhlin. Photo by Anton Hedberg. Layout by the graphic beat/Berlin.

Line-up
Vocals, Guitar: Daniel Brennare
Guitar: Jonas Eriksson
Bass Guitar: Mikael Larsson
Drums: Johan Oudhuis

Additional musicians
Keyboards: Ulf Petterson
Acoustic Guitar (On "Headstones"): Mikael Hult
Vocals: Annica Karlsson

Staff review by
Malcolm
Rating:
I should start to say that this is one of my all time favourite, no other album have touch me so emotionally deep as this one, no other album has given me so much creepy feelings. Lake of Tears was formed out of the ashes of Death Metal acts "Carnal Eruption" (Daniel Brennare, Jonas Eriksson and Mikael Larsson) and "Forsaken Grief" (Johan Oudhuis).They released their first demo, "Demo 1" in 1993 and got a record deal with the label "Black Mark Productions", a 5-album deal.

Read more ››
published 07.10.2003 | Comments (9)

Found in 14 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 279 users
14.02.2014 - 02:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I would say this is best Lake of Tears album, I know upcoming, this still has old school doom sound, less gothic and great songs, great lyrics and interpretation, really great album, I like this more then 1th one, but both are good, but somehow this (even I dont say this is emotional) album, but still this old school atmosphere do the trick, I love this one
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.10.2016 - 00:25
Rating: 8
Redel

Great album. I agree, their best (with FA closely following).
Highlights: Raven land, Headstones, and of course the ingenious The path of the Gods
08.04.2021 - 06:07
Rating: 6
sbgmetal

First heard Forever Autumn then Crimson Cosmos so this one felt like a bit of a let down and the vocals sounding like james hetfield sometimes doesn't help
08.04.2021 - 11:43
Rating: 9
JoHn Doe

^ Listened to this when it came out and I was impressed, the few magazines I was reading back then gave the album positive reviews, the album was well received and I dare say deservingly so. Everyone I knew back then that were listening to rock and metal enjoyed the album.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
08.04.2021 - 12:04
nikarg

Every Lake Of Tears album is different from the next. They are all awesome, what changes is only the level of awesomeness.

Correction: Headstones, along with A Crimson Cosmos and Forever Autumn, are not awesome; they are otherworldly.
08.04.2021 - 13:07
Rating: 8
Redel

Written by nikarg on 08.04.2021 at 12:04

Every Lake Of Tears album is different from the next. They are all awesome, what changes is only the level of awesomeness.

Correction: Headstones, along with A Crimson Cosmos and Forever Autumn, are not awesome; they are otherworldly.

Dont forget Greater Art, my second favourite LoT album after Headstones.

Hits total: 10786 | This month: 25