Metal Storm logo
Ex Deo - Going On Indefinite Hiatus

With two full-length studio albums under their belts, Romulus and Caligvla, Canadian symphonic death metallers Ex Deo have decided to put their project on hold.

Comments the founder and vocalist Maurizio Iacono on the band's official Facebook: "Today I decided that Ex Deo and its legions will rest their arms. We will take an indefinite leave of absence, there's a good possibility that Romulus & Caligvla be the only sonic assaults that will ever see the light under the flag of Ancient Rome's lone but real Epic voice: Ex Deo.

"If another album will ever see the light...it will be by the will of the Gods and voice of those who believe in the spirit of the once most powerful Empire.. ROME, time will tell... or not. I feel we've done two great albums, full of passion and Epic passages, no regrets, just proud moments...

"It was an education on where we all come from, Roma touched your blood one way or another, either through your ancestry or through your way of life, not believing it is not believing who you really are, because the entire world took a new spin towards a progressive future under Roman rule, hence the world we have today, still imperfect with many defects but forging ahead through progress... we will still post stuff here from time to time, hope you enjoyed the ride.

"We thank you for the great comments and thrills you have brought us ROMA CAPUT MUNDI... Forever I leave you with this great passage from my hero: 'I love the name of honor, more than I fear death' - Julius Caesar."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ex Deo
Posted: 18.02.2014 by Gothmog_Motsham

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 97 users
18.02.2014 - 13:41
Rulatore

I always felt that this was a excuse to do some more boring music, but not under the name of Kataklysm. The two bands aren't that different and they suck for the same reason.
18.02.2014 - 14:05
silenius

Yaaay! woho
18.02.2014 - 14:25
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Well... too bad... despite of all the hate... both Romulus and Caligvla were brilliant albums, so was the last Kataklysm opus. Hope that it won't be a long hiatus. Long live the Legions!
18.02.2014 - 16:23
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Damn, I didn't get to see them live! I liked both of their albums.
18.02.2014 - 16:35
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Normally I don't care about bands breaking up or going on hiatus, but a world without Ex Deo is a better world to be honest. Of all the death metal I've ever listened to, these guys managed to create the most boring and uninspired of its kind.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Hits total: 2414 | This month: 4