Metal Storm logo
Queen

Original post

Posted by Warman, 17.01.2007 - 14:28
Is this for real? No topic about Queen!? I remember that there was one in the old forum.
I've grown up with Queen, my mom always play the same tape (featuring some of their best songs) with them in the car. They are really talented and Freddy Mercury was without doubt one of the most talented vocalists ever!
Please share your opinions and feelings about this band!
03.11.2007 - 00:35
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by Sonsofsabbath on 02.11.2007 at 23:41

Awesome band, cant really classify them. Check out live at Wembly 1986 dvd, just too see how talented they were. I am torn about Paul Rodgers now singing, Freddie stands alone, nobody can fill his shoes, they should have just left it, like zepplin did after john pauls death.

I am partial to there older recordings. They have some funky songs, that are manageable because of the guitar riffing eg. dragon attack, another one bites the dust. and some full throttle rockers like headlong. I dont think north america was ready for there brand of rock, europe sure was .

the live album with paul rodgers is a tribute to freddie, paul was not considered as a replacement, just a singer for the shows.

and led zeppelin's drummer's name is JOHN BOHNAM not John Pauls (??). The bassist and keyboards player's name is JOHN PAUL JONES and he ain't dead, thank god!
04.11.2007 - 08:27
Sonsofsabbath
thanks for corecting me, it was "gonzo" wasen't that his nick name? it dosent change my point though.
04.11.2007 - 22:12
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by Sonsofsabbath on 04.11.2007 at 08:27

thanks for corecting me, it was "gonzo" wasen't that his nick name? it dosent change my point though.

Sorry to correct you again but John Bonham's nickname was Bonzo.
04.11.2007 - 23:49
Sonsofsabbath
Written by Guest on 04.11.2007 at 22:12

Written by Sonsofsabbath on 04.11.2007 at 08:27

Sorry to correct you again but John Bonham's nickname was Bonzo.

Sometimes I am a bit off on my recolections, age I guess. But back to the point, what do you think prombted the 3 remaing members of queen to reunite for a tribute to Freedie. There had been an official tribute concert to Freedie after his death that was attended by many well known rock luminaries. Was it money that prompted the Paul Rogers project? I would think that the living members of queen are all wealthy. Was it the thrill of performing such great music aqain, Maybe, was it necessary?

I must admit that I would be interested in hearing the three remaining members of led zepplin reunite. There has already been collaberations of sorts with the Black Crows, Plant and Page in unledded ect.

But at the end of the day it is the original recordings that remain a testament to greatness of the original classic hard rockers, despite the fact that many of them have tried to reincarnate their music by touring in various forms. I read that Genesis recently reunited for a live show.

What do you think of these tributes? or would that be a separate thread?

Incidently,I am not offended by your corrections, I can be sloppy. Don't be offended by some of my provoking remarks, there are a means by which I attempt to engage in penatrating discourse.

05.11.2007 - 18:12
marillionfan
Account deleted
megalomania: I don't know why Queen reunited but if everybody was considering things like you do, the tour would have been a total failure but the success of the tour proved that people still want to hear Queen's songs live.
I don't think they reunited for materialistic reasons since most of the money went for charities.
09.11.2007 - 07:51
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
small vid of me playing solo to bohemian rhapsody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeuCRNdD0g8
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
09.11.2007 - 09:50
Øyvind
Grave Digger
One of the greats of rock music. Controversy, who cares anyway? Great songs, Mercury's vocal, what else to say? And @Room 101 (Nice display name, by the way ) They didn't come back together for money, well yes, for the money, but not to keep it for themselves. They probably thought they should...Revive the old spirit, in others as well as themselves. And I'd like to see Led Zeppelin round up again, that would be great.
----
23.12.2007 - 23:14
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Just listened to "Made In Heaven" again today. It was a while since I done that. Its a wonderful album, so ironic and thought provoking.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
01.01.2008 - 10:55
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
one of the bands that are very fun and intersting to listen to, each song unique in its own way, good band!
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
18.01.2008 - 00:47
Number Juan
One of the most interesting bands ever. Influenced so many artist from heavy, power, NWOBHM and even from other completely different genres.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
15.02.2008 - 22:07
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
Queen is simply the greatest band of all times mainly because of so many bands that they have influenced and zomg amount of classics songs. And I am lucky that my favourite band is the best one.
01.04.2008 - 13:22
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
Freddy Mercury is my fav.character and he is pride all of Aryans
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
21.08.2008 - 18:36
Elio
Red Nightmare
History band. I own only 3 albums (Sheer Heart Attack, A Night At The Opera and Innuendo) plus the 3 Platinum Collection. It's enough to consider them icons of rock music. It's a bullshiy if I say that they invented thrash metal with Stone Cold Crazy?
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
26.08.2008 - 21:56
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
im listening to Queen's "Fat Bottom Girls" at present, oh the coincidence! i own all of queen's albums, except for the live albums. ive seen their wembley performance and i was blown away. queen should have a profile on here. their guitarist has a sound and style all his own and anyone who knows rock music listens to music at all, they can tell queen from most other bands. and Freddie Mercury could SING. spread your wings is one of my favorites.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
01.09.2008 - 12:07
Hrothdane
Queen is amazing. Everyone knows how great and influential Freddie is, but I think alot of people forget about how great a guitarist Brian May was for them.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
01.09.2008 - 14:44
Warman
Erotic Stains
I don't, Brian May is amazing! Very emotional guitar sound.
----
16.09.2008 - 10:01
Hrothdane
So I was just listening to the song Ogre Battle and I think Queen invented power metal now too
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
05.10.2008 - 00:58
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by Hrothdane on 16.09.2008 at 10:01

So I was just listening to the song Ogre Battle and I think Queen invented power metal now too

haha could be
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
25.04.2009 - 12:39
DarkFreddie
Account deleted
Hi everyone! I'm new here, and I just wanted to give my opinion.
Queen is the band that made me discover rock. After listening to them I started to listen "real" music (70s rock). The best band of all times!
First of all, the lead singer was called Freddie, non Freddy. Then, Paul has not replaced Freddie, nobody can and he has said that as well.
Another thing: how can you say Queen is a great band if you just talk about Freddie?? There were four of them:
-John Deacon, a great bass player (not good at singing, though!) and he wrote many Queen classics (Another One Bites the Dust, You're My Best Friend, I want to Break Free...)
-Roger Taylor, he's amazing if you think of how much he sings in concerts while playing the drums! He has written a lot of good songs too: I'm in Love with my Car, A Kind of Magic, Radio Ga Ga...)
-Brian May: a great, great guitarist with an amazing guitar (Red Special or Fireplace!). He wrote songs like We Will Rock You, The Show Must go on, Who Wants to Live Forever...
-Freddie Murcury (Farrokh Bulsara): you know he was an amazing singer. Anyway, he was bisexual, not gay! He had a lot of relationships with women!

I think their best album is Queen II.
Three best songs: Ogre Battle, The March of the Black Queen and The Prophet's Song.

If you want to see a great concert: Live at Hammersmith Odeon (1975) or Live at Earl's Court (1977).
18.04.2010 - 16:13
I_Die_Often
~reviving a dead thread~
Queen is great! I've always loved the song Killer Queen, when it came out I was 9! and I would crank it up on my cheap ass one little speaker AM radio!
Their guitar sound and Freddies vocals are amazing.
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
20.04.2010 - 06:32
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
What can be said? Inspiring, emotional, euphoric and just plain fun. I wasn't old enough to experience them live, but Freddie and Queen will live on forever. Immortality through art.

I still love you!
----
The force will be with you, always.
26.04.2010 - 00:49
Kanto
That guy had a freaking amazing voice, Under Pressure goes right to my bones.
I remember watching a Foo Fighters' concert. Grohl introduced May and Taylor to play a "Tie Your Mother Down" Cover, but the crowd was just busy screaming for seeing (part of) Queen live. It shows how much power they still have.
----
...Dude.
23.05.2010 - 00:07
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Queen are definitely one of, if not THE best band of all time. They had songs of many different styles, and amazingly, they could make them all work, and fit within Queen. Freddie Mercury is my fave singer, just in front of Dio and Halford. I think Queen also definitely had an influence on metal, as some of their early songs easily fit into that category. I mean, that crushingly heavy doom riff in the intro of "Death On Two Legs" for example. That sounds more like something Tony Iommi would write, not Freddie Mercury. lol

Written by Guest on 25.04.2009 at 12:39

-Freddie Murcury (Farrokh Bulsara): you know he was an amazing singer. Anyway, he was bisexual, not gay! He had a lot of relationships with women!

That means squat. Lots of gay people have relationships with the opposite sex to cover up their true sexuality, especially guys. Rob Halford has also been intimate with women, yet he is gay not bi-sexual.
30.05.2010 - 20:01
vezzy
Stallmanite
Queen are awesome, especially "Dragon Attack".
Hell, I bet there's no school where students haven't randomly broken down into doing the legendary "stomp-stomp-clap" of We Will Rock You in their classrooms during recess/break.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
16.08.2010 - 14:41
Sutekh
Love their early material -Queen II is a monster album with more creativitiy and ideas than some bands' entire careers. Again, their singles are played to death, but its their album tracks which really shine, whether the fury of Ogre Battle or the folky touch of '39. This was a band which truly could do pretty much everything!
21.10.2010 - 20:08
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
I love the sound of Brian May's riffs. I really do. He was influential to me. I always admired him and his songwriting.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
30.01.2011 - 17:24
Vivi'
Amazing band! They have wonderful ballads, real hard rock masterpieces with brutal lyrics and strange, but great videos. About Brian May - yes, the guitars in Queen's music are always not too heavy, but in place.
17.02.2011 - 07:46
Thunderhead
Well...Freddie Mercury is a major influence in my way of singing ballads, at least.
I'm a huge fan, can't say no more.
Queen is eternal.
I must say two albuns, Innuendo and Sheer Heart attack, contribued to change my musical taste, back when i was 6 or 7 years old...
Well, maybe i should say, build my musical taste, 'cause i got no musical taste when i was younger than 7 years old. kkkk
----
"You may got money, and can buy anything you want. But there's a thing you will never be able to buy. It's a dinossaur!" - Homer J.Simpson
25.07.2011 - 10:08
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Yes I commented in this thread earlier at some point, but I am still amazed by Queen's ability to transcend genres in such a seamless manner.

FREDDIE MERCURY AKA BRUTHA FARROKH! An absolutely filthy (and I mean that in the best way possible, and maybe the worst) musicians and showman backed by an AMAZING group of musicians.

I think Brutha Farroukh's passing or birfday was recently so I wanna give my thanks to him for my continued inspiration and musical appreciation.

THE MAN IS AMAZING!!!!
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
06.09.2011 - 19:41
Warman
Erotic Stains
I really didn't care about Queen not being featured on MS. But what I can't understand is that Journey is on here, so why the hell not Queen then?
----