Metal Storm logo
Emperor - To Return To The United States

After triumphantly headlining the annual Wacken Open Air festival in Germany and four capacity performances in America last summer, Norwegian black metal pioneers Emperor have announced their return to the United States for three encore appearances this spring.

"We have made a decision to return to the U.S. for a few additional shows," notes guitarist Samoth. "This time Chicago is also put on the map.

"The shows last summer were very successful and we had an amazing turnout and support from all the fans. It was also a bit stressful because of the embassy hassle that we unfortunately had to endure. So we feel a few more shows are due and this time, all visas are in order and the band will appear in its full command."

Confirmed dates are as follows:

May
30 - (US) The Metro - Chicago, IL

June
01 - (US) B.B. King Blues Club & Grill - New York, NY
03 - (US) Key Club - West Hollywood, CA

Ticket on-sale information will be announced shortly.

Source: candlelightrecords.co.uk
Band profile: Emperor
Event: Emperor: US Dates
Posted: 17.01.2007 by Baz Anderson

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 21   Visited by: 21 users
17.01.2007 - 19:45
Baz Anderson
staff
so they lied to us - they said the show in London would be their last, even when they were asked there
oh well - im still happy i saw them
17.01.2007 - 20:22
Ivvas
i don't care if they lied to us or not - i never got to see them the last time around so this is my opportunity to FINALLY see them here!!!
----
Music is like a treasure hunt
you go around the world looking for it scrapping the useless maps that lead you nowhere
then you finally find that spot and it's up to you to decide whether you wish to keep it to yourself
or share it with the world.
17.01.2007 - 22:45
Bas
Retired Staff
elite
isnt it cheating to have three last shows ever?
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
17.01.2007 - 23:55
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 17.01.2007 at 19:45

so they lied to us - they said the show in London would be their last, even when they were asked there

Well does it really bother you? I actually dont see anything bad with giving more fans the ability to see them live. Since their live show is insane. Spread the greatness \m/.
18.01.2007 - 01:23
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Written by Bas on 17.01.2007 at 22:45

isnt it cheating to have three last shows ever?

ask Ozzy or the Rolling Stones... they've been doing "No More Tours" since before most MSers were born.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
18.01.2007 - 04:25
Winter Death
Account deleted
A Chicago stop. It is a dream come true.
18.01.2007 - 10:51
FOOCK Nam
at least to get visa to entry US is easy for Emperor than for our student, sorry for digress of topic
18.01.2007 - 14:36
Baz Anderson
staff
Written by Guest on 17.01.2007 at 23:55

Written by Baz Anderson on 17.01.2007 at 19:45

Well does it really bother you? I actually dont see anything bad with giving more fans the ability to see them live. Since their live show is insane. Spread the greatness \m/.

no, it doesnt really bother my that much - im sure the fans over there will get a great show
i just dont like it when you are told one thing and then it turns out not to be true, whatever it is
18.01.2007 - 17:04
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 18.01.2007 at 14:36

no, it doesnt really bother my that much - im sure the fans over there will get a great show
i just dont like it when you are told one thing and then it turns out not to be true, whatever it is

I agree with you. I would also get a little irritated if the promised last show wouldnt be the last, but lets look on the bright side of it !
18.01.2007 - 21:56
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
elite
Written by FOOCK Nam on 18.01.2007 at 10:51

at least to get visa to entry US is easy for Emperor than for our student, sorry for digress of topic

To digress even more why was it so difficult for them before? What was the problem they had with the embassy?
18.01.2007 - 23:28
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
Hel!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Emperor again!!!!!!!!!!!
19.01.2007 - 00:53
Snake-Eye
Account deleted
I guess they need more cash.
19.01.2007 - 05:29
Wo0dy
Account deleted
tickets are starting at $50
19.01.2007 - 07:25
Winter Death
Account deleted
I would pay $50 to see a legend.
19.01.2007 - 12:54
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Has emperor reunited?
----
that which shines without names and forms...
19.01.2007 - 15:33
FOOCK Nam
Written by Introspekrieg on 18.01.2007 at 21:56

Written by FOOCK Nam on 18.01.2007 at 10:51

To digress even more why was it so difficult for them before? What was the problem they had with the embassy?

Well, the embassy, since from 11/09 event, its very hard to get visa to enter US, this is understandable. Though to some vietnamese students, they were refused even so far 4 times in visa demanding, and the answer to them from the US embassy personels that was " I dont like you", weird lol very americanly. But the most required thing they ( the personels/staff/) in US embassy demand to the native students here, is those students must come back to their country (also mine), so I guess they give failing to us based on that. They mark students which seems like based on their feeling, so IMO some cases that not be fair or clearly with reasonable point.

And yeah, Emperor they are artists and come from another also bigger country than mine so they, and for any band who has shows in USA always easily get visa than us.

Thats all
19.01.2007 - 17:36
Wo0dy
Account deleted
wasnt also cause Samoth burned a church or something?
21.01.2007 - 01:31
Daru Jericho
Well, last time Emp were in the US Samoth wasn't there so this is a chance for the Americans to see the lineup properly, even though the bastards lied. They should do a proper final show somewhere in Norway (Telemark, probably) seeing as that IS where they started out and such.

And this whole thing is obviously a cash grab. I mean, why unite when you're not even going to bother putting out an album? Touring usually earns a band more cash anyway and look at how expensive the tickets are. More expensive when I saw them in October.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

22.01.2007 - 16:45
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
There are also rumours in Australia that they might be coming down for a tour... still, rumours.

But hoping that this isnt their 'last' tour as I would love to be able to seem if they hit our shores.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
31.01.2007 - 21:24
Samuel
Hamster wheel
Emperor isnt some pop band...

its not like they draw that much money... but still I bet they make a nice chunk of change

but did you ever think that maybe they are musicians and they can see that people still want to see them live and since they love what they do... they book more shows?

you guys seem to be making them out as in it for the money... but black metal isnt that great of a money making music genre.

and even if they were who cares if there last show isnt in norway. Does it matter that much to you? Do you think they care about norwegian fans less... Maybe they are playing in the U.S cause in comparison to Norway and other european shows people in the u.s have barely seen them and they recognize the large fan base located here.

p.s I will be at the June 3rd show in Hollywood =]
14.11.2009 - 20:46
SatyriconChick
My best friend and I were going to go to the NYC show. But we didn't after all, because when we went to get tickets, we found out they were $56 each! Neither of us was working at the time, so it was a no-go.

Hits total: 3594 | This month: 4