Dream Evil - The Book Of Heavy Metal

7.7 | 192 votes |
Release date: 24 May 2004
Style: Heavy metal, Power metal

Owners:

257 have it
5 want it
2 trade it

01. The Book Of Heavy Metal (March Of The Metalians)
02. Into The Moonlight
03. The Sledge
04. No Way
05. Crusaders' Anthem
06. Let's Make Rock
07. Tired
08. Chosen Twice
09. M.O.M.
10. The Mirror
11. Only For The Night
12. Unbreakable Chain

Additional info
Released with a bonus DVD for limited edition. The DVD accompanying the Japanese edition of the CD is approx. 60 min. and features:
- Making of the album (incl. footage from the recording, interview with the band and acoustic live performance for Swedish radio)
- Tour documentary 2003 (Japan tour June, Europe tour February & Off Shot in London, September 2003)
- Footage from 2003 Japan tour:
1. Made of Metal
2. Children of the Night
3. Heavy Metal in the Night.

Recorded between December 2003 and February 2004 at Studio Fredman, Gothenburg, Sweden.
Produced by Fredrik Nordström and Dream Evil.

The Japanese version has the tracks in a completely different order. "Let's Make Rock," which appeared on the Japense version of "Evilized," is dropped and replaced by two tracks not on the European or American versions, "Enemy" and "Chapter 6".

1. Enemy
2. Into the Moonlight
3. Chapter 6
4. No Way
5. Crusaders' Anthem
6. The Book of Heavy Metal (March Of The Metallians)
7. The Sledge
8. Tired
9. Unbreakable Chain
10. M.O.M.
11. The Mirror
12. Only For the Night
13. Chosen Twice

Guest review by
Dreamwar_86
Rating:
The Book of Heavy Metal is the 3rd album of the Swedish Heavy/Power Metal band Dream Evil.

The first thing about this album is that it is really different from the first 2 albums. This album is totally a heavy metal Masterpiece! The first thing you hear on the album is a great scream MEEEEEEEEETAAAAAL, and then some heavy riffs and cool drumming. You will know what is coming. All the songs on this album are really good, the lyrics of this album are about metal metal and more metal (not like the previous albums that were about dragons, battles, evil dreams, and stuff like that). I think they are more mature now; the lyrics are a lot better, the sound is better, the quality is better than ever.

Read more ››
published 11.01.2007 | Comments (14)

Found in 7 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 177 users
22.02.2014 - 17:49
Mountain King
K i K o
Chosen Twice is my favorite song on this one...
28.07.2014 - 16:26
Rating: 8
musicalkaratekid

The strongest Dream Evil album I've heard so far, though I've yet to listen to their last two albums. Some of the songs on here are so powerful and bombastic and remains utterly memorable for along time, not to mention the level of heaviness on the superb title track and other songs like "Chosen Ones" and "M.O.M". The title track in fact introduced me to the band in the first place, back when Metal Hammer released free DVDs with each issue (That was about 8 or 9 years ago), and I was instantly hooked, so I don't know why I didn't feel the need to listen to the album in full. The vocal delivery also feels more varied here, particularly on the title track where classic metal screams and grouped vocals work well.

Hits total: 8088 | This month: 44