Metal Storm logo
What you're driving now, and what you want to be driving

Original post

Posted by MetalDoomMaster, 26.02.2014 - 18:50
I'd like to know what you are driving around in now, what your realistic dream car is (in your price range), and the best car you've ever driven is. I just sold my 2001 Dodge Durango to get something I've always wanted- a European car. I'm currently driving a 2003 BMW 325xi, which is a pretty awesome little thing. I miss the Durango a bit, because V8s are awesome, but I am amazed to how much better handling the BMW is compared to any American car I've driven. I'm thinking about getting a new BMW M3 after college, since the new 4 door ones interest me quite a bit.
So what are you driving?
27.02.2014 - 19:31
corpselust

Currently have a '96 crown vic (fuck ford) because it had nearly no miles on it - bought from an old lady. But, I'd get Doc's DeLorean, hit 88 mph, go back to 1969 and get a camaro ZL1.

Realistic and in my price range? Pretty much any non-rare classic muscle, there's a restored 71 nova i could pick up right now... but i wanna get a garage before all that

On the opposite end, I do like the idea of Tesla model S. Haven't test drove but seems slick.
27.02.2014 - 21:33
MetalDoomMaster

Written by corpselust on 27.02.2014 at 19:31

Currently have a '96 crown vic (fuck ford) because it had nearly no miles on it - bought from an old lady. But, I'd get Doc's DeLorean, hit 88 mph, go back to 1969 and get a camaro ZL1.

Realistic and in my price range? Pretty much any non-rare classic muscle, there's a restored 71 nova i could pick up right now... but i wanna get a garage before all that

On the opposite end, I do like the idea of Tesla model S. Haven't test drove but seems slick.

Is that an old Police Interceptor? I kinda love those things haha. I used to be really into classic muscle until I watched all of Top Gear (UK) and then my mind started shifting to other things. I would love to try a Tesla out, those torque figures are insane and I really want to see what electronic power delivery feels like.
01.03.2014 - 01:35
Darth Revan

Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.02.2014 at 16:53

Written by Auntie Sahar on 27.02.2014 at 16:31
...would be PERFECT for long road trips with your dudes.

Personally I'd prefer to use it as a shaggin' wagon, but to each their own.

... Suddenly I feel like I might just need to get myself a truck
02.03.2014 - 17:40
Chobo_jokeR

I have a 2009 Volkswagen Tiguan Highline. I bought it as soon as I got my new job and got rid of my 2001 Pontiac Sunfire.

I'm a year and a half into owning it and really wishing I would have shopped around more. I've had some bad luck with it and I hate the dealership I have to deal with?bunch of crooks.

Within a few months of owning it I had to a buy all new tires, because they sold me bald tires on it basically (check that shit kids), sold it to me with a broken gauge in the washer fluid. And then one lovely morning after a weekend with freezing rain I pulled off my door handle on the driver side?they're going to charge me $473 CDN dollars for a new one. Alas?I have been opening my vehicle from the back door and looking like a thief for the past 4 months because I'm too cheap.

Anyways, end rant of complaints on my Volkswagen.

I'd like a new Ford F150 FX4 fully loaded and a used Audi S4 as my two "dream" vehicles. Possible to own both in the future once I get my accounting designation and am making more money (many years down the road haha)

One of the partners at the firm drives a BMW, I think its an M series. Its early 2000's I think. It's pretty nice from what I've seen.
02.03.2014 - 19:40
MetalDoomMaster

Written by Chobo_jokeR on 02.03.2014 at 17:40

I have a 2009 Volkswagen Tiguan Highline. I bought it as soon as I got my new job and got rid of my 2001 Pontiac Sunfire.

I'm a year and a half into owning it and really wishing I would have shopped around more. I've had some bad luck with it and I hate the dealership I have to deal with?bunch of crooks.

Within a few months of owning it I had to a buy all new tires, because they sold me bald tires on it basically (check that shit kids), sold it to me with a broken gauge in the washer fluid. And then one lovely morning after a weekend with freezing rain I pulled off my door handle on the driver side?they're going to charge me $473 CDN dollars for a new one. Alas?I have been opening my vehicle from the back door and looking like a thief for the past 4 months because I'm too cheap.

Anyways, end rant of complaints on my Volkswagen.

I'd like a new Ford F150 FX4 fully loaded and a used Audi S4 as my two "dream" vehicles. Possible to own both in the future once I get my accounting designation and am making more money (many years down the road haha)

One of the partners at the firm drives a BMW, I think its an M series. Its early 2000's I think. It's pretty nice from what I've seen.

That blows. I've wanted an Audi S4 for quite some time now. I wouldn't care what year it was, I just want one because they are amazing. Those FX4s are nice looking trucks, but I'd prolly have to get a Ford Raptor haha. If that is an M series BMW you should ask him to give you a little joy ride.
02.03.2014 - 19:44
Chobo_jokeR

Written by MetalDoomMaster on 02.03.2014 at 19:40

That blows. I've wanted an Audi S4 for quite some time now. I wouldn't care what year it was, I just want one because they are amazing. Those FX4s are nice looking trucks, but I'd prolly have to get a Ford Raptor haha. If that is an M series BMW you should ask him to give you a little joy ride.

Yeah the S4's are really nice, I've seen a few driving around. There is a guy in town with an Audi R8, but I figured I should be realistic with my post lol.

Haha, I was originally going to put the Ford Raptor, but once again I was trying to be a little more realistic. There's numerous Raptors in my city, all the oilfield money has lead to an influx of lifted truck douchebaggery to the Nth degree. Lots of nice trucks, but these jackasses jack them up like a foot and and a half or more and they look ridiculous.
02.03.2014 - 19:56
MetalDoomMaster

Written by Chobo_jokeR on 02.03.2014 at 19:44

Yeah the S4's are really nice, I've seen a few driving around. There is a guy in town with an Audi R8, but I figured I should be realistic with my post lol.

Haha, I was originally going to put the Ford Raptor, but once again I was trying to be a little more realistic. There's numerous Raptors in my city.

R8 is pretty nice but yeah, like 140 grand is a bit much haha. The Raptors aren't really too much more expensive than the FX4. Ford site says the Raptor starts at less than $2000 more, but I guess it could change from place to place.

influx of lifted truck douchebaggery to the Nth degree.

This is probably one of the best descriptions of this ever haha. I absolutely hate it when people ruin their cars with aftermarket bullshit that looks ridiculous.

Edit: and Chevy's supposed "Raptor KIller" Silverado Reaper looks absolutely fucking retarded in my opinion
02.03.2014 - 20:13
Chobo_jokeR

Written by MetalDoomMaster on 02.03.2014 at 19:56

Haha, I was originally going to put the Ford Raptor, but once again I was trying to be a little more realistic. There's numerous Raptors in my city.

R8 is pretty nice but yeah, like 140 grand is a bit much haha. The Raptors aren't really too much more expensive than the FX4. Ford site says the Raptor starts at less than $2000 more, but I guess it could change from place to place.

influx of lifted truck douchebaggery to the Nth degree.

This is probably one of the best descriptions of this ever haha. I absolutely hate it when people ruin their cars with aftermarket bullshit that looks ridiculous.

Edit: and Chevy's supposed "Raptor KIller" Silverado Reaper looks absolutely fucking retarded in my opinion

Yeah the Raptors aren't too much more than a fully loaded FX4, but I looked at the miles per gallon on the Raptor and it's pretty damn atrocious haha. Gas is only going up. Not saying you're going to save tons of money driving an FX4, but it'd be noticeable.

Yeah?I saw some pictures of the Chevy Reaper. It has that ridiculous front end. Some Silverados are pretty nice, but I'd much prefer the FX4 or even a nice RAM 1500 Sport.

I had a hate on for trucks forever, because of all the lifted ones in town, but if you just leave them alone some of them look great.
02.03.2014 - 20:33
MetalDoomMaster

Written by Chobo_jokeR on 02.03.2014 at 20:13

Yeah the Raptors aren't too much more than a fully loaded FX4, but I looked at the miles per gallon on the Raptor and it's pretty damn atrocious haha. Gas is only going up. Not saying you're going to save tons of money driving an FX4, but it'd be noticeable.

Yeah?I saw some pictures of the Chevy Reaper. It has that ridiculous front end. Some Silverados are pretty nice, but I'd much prefer the FX4 or even a nice RAM 1500 Sport.

I had a hate on for trucks forever, because of all the lifted ones in town, but if you just leave them alone some of them look great.

Yeah that was the main reason I got rid of my old Durango. 13 mpg was so awful. The 28 I'm getting now makes it seem like I don't spend money on gas anymore compared to what I was spending haha. I don't like the new model of Silverados at all, but the last model was really nice looking I thought. It's something about the new headlights on the new models that get to me, same with the new Tahoes and Suburbans, they just look too try hard compared to the old ones. I do really like the new Ford and Ram trucks though. I think the stock dual exhaust on the Rams look really slick.
03.03.2014 - 07:43
Terrifyer

Ha I have a fucking Corolla. What I'd like to be driving is a 1985 Camaro. Only problem with my desire is finding anything that doesn't need a fuckton of work to make it driveable.
03.03.2014 - 08:01
no one
Account deleted
Written by Terrifyer on 03.03.2014 at 07:43

Ha I have a fucking Corolla. What I'd like to be driving is a 1985 Camaro. Only problem with my desire is finding anything that doesn't need a fuckton of work to make it driveable.

i have a corolla too, the car that lasts forever's all i need
03.03.2014 - 08:21
MetalDoomMaster

Written by Guest on 03.03.2014 at 08:01

Yeah I keep hearing those will actually last forever
17.03.2014 - 00:11
FOOCK Nam

I have scooters, actually those belongs to my parents lol. I'm gonna buy a big piaggio someday. If you want to see a world of scooters go Vietnam.
17.03.2014 - 01:05
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 03.03.2014 at 08:01

My first car when i was twelve was a 91 Corolla and it ruled

I drive a 95 tacoma now and it's a blast. 2wd, automatic.

I wish it was a 4x4 and a manual however.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS