Metal Storm logo
Darkpsy / Goatrance / Forest Trance

27.02.2014 - 16:43
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Although they are classified as subgenres of Trance, I think those subgenres are pretty different from usual psytrance and also have many in common with themselves, so I thought they deserve an own thread.

Bands like Kindzadza, Xikwri Neyrra, Kobold Instinct, Hishiryo, Deranfo, Shpongle, ...

Anyone here likes this kind of stuff? Post recs, notable bands, whatever...
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
26.07.2014 - 19:16
Ilham
Giant robot
Wow. Poor you. Always alone in your electro topics. I was about to post this for you in the pub but a little bird told me you'd already have opened a thread for it.

You can post you stuff here Karla, I'll listen to it you know.
26.07.2014 - 19:56
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Oh thanks for not leaving me on the vacuum
There's some good stuff on that link. There are some songs of those you just can't pause after you started it. I still haven't heard all the tracks but so far i'm enjoying it.

Well, as for me, among stuff I like there's Kobold Instinct

Hishiryo

Some Mohican Sandbag stuff. But they change genres like they change their underwear.

Not exactly 'dark' but there's Dark Soho:
----
- Reimu Hakurei
26.07.2014 - 20:06
Ilham
Giant robot
Yeah I mean it's sad there are really not that many electro lovers around.

Okay thanks for the links, I have those breakcore ones to check still. So it'll take some time. Oh and I know you wanted this thread to be specific to goat etc, but I'll just use it for anything trance related in the future.

I myself am only an hour and ten minutes into that mix I posted. There are so many samples and references to recognise in there. I'm going to enqueue another one of his mixes as I have to tidy up/work-out.
26.07.2014 - 20:12
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Not my kind of stuff. I prefer the more downtempo side of electronic music. Ambient, relaxing - stuff you can get high and relax to or fall asleep to. This sort of thing just reminds me of clubbing/raving and that's really not my thing.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.07.2014 - 20:23
Ilham
Giant robot
Sorry, I can totally picture electro lovers that do not appreciate that kind of up-beat stuff. I should have made that comment more specific.

One can appreciate this kind of music from the privacy of their bedroom. I have never been a club/rave goer. But it doesn't prevent me from liking the music that's on the chill end of the electronic spectrum either.
31.07.2014 - 02:43
Ilham
Giant robot
Okay I listened to the four links. I can say without hesitation that the third is the one I enjoyed the most. Are there album names you can recommend Karlito?
31.07.2014 - 03:53
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Ilham on 31.07.2014 at 02:43

Okay I listened to the four links. I can say without hesitation that the third is the one I enjoyed the most. Are there album names you can recommend Karlito?

Mohican Sandbag?
That song is from the album 新力
The album 戯 is also psytrance, but a bit less dark.

It's probably the other sound of the spectrum, but their album I like the most is 東方カクテル, which is a weird blend of psytrance and jazz. It ironically works very well.
And yeah, weird names for albums...
----
- Reimu Hakurei
31.07.2014 - 03:56
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Karlabos on 31.07.2014 at 03:53

Mohican Sandbag?
That song is from the album 新力
The album 戯 is also psytrance, but a bit less dark.

It's probably the other sound of the spectrum, but their album I like the most is 東方カクテル, which is a weird blend of psytrance and jazz. It ironically works very well.
And yeah, weird names for albums...

Yeah that. Mohican Sandbag. I don't know what's weird about them. I can read those pretty well. I'll definitely give them a listen. Thank you .
18.08.2014 - 00:26
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Although the beats are very fast this is pretty dark. I like it.
I promise there's no anime relation on it
----
- Reimu Hakurei
18.08.2014 - 00:39
Ilham
Giant robot
I have to specify I have nothing against anime. At all. I just hate when there's whiny female vocals in general. This Yata Garasu thing is not bad at all. I will explore.

By the way Lokaeda sent me two other long mixes that you might like.

I'm preparing a post for you in the breakcore thread, I still need a day or two to finish listening to a couple albums. Although it's going to be more jungle oriented. I don't really know where to post that, but I think the breakcore thread is the safest bet.
14.11.2014 - 15:45
Vombatus
Potorro
Whouuu a darkpsytrance thread !

Admittedly I am no expert, and don't make much effort to check out new stuff. But it's a type a music that can really enjoy when in the mood.
I usually just put one of the dozens of random 1 hour long videos from youtube, like this one:

The part at 35:00 onwards is pretty rad. But in the end it's mostly party music more than something I can listen calmly at home